ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

A-Class AMG-Sport
I know, weather was spot on too.......... I was hoping to get up for a look mate, thought you might have been there.

another mate had bought a Clio too and is well and truly bitten by the bug it looks like so would have been good to see how he rated it over his RS4!

I think I spoke to that lad who had the RS4 the first time he took the Clio to Knockhill. Said it cost too much in tyres putting the RS4 on the track. He Put the Clio on track after getting track tyres put on and loved it.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I think I spoke to that lad who had the RS4 the first time he took the Clio to Knockhill. Said it cost too much in tyres putting the RS4 on the track. He Put the Clio on track after getting track tyres put on and loved it.
LOl, yeah I don't think it was so much the cost, but when we passed him a couple of track days before in the Clio he realised they are not so suited to Knockhill lol, pretty much why I never ran my RS4 up there but used the Clio instead.....

Looks like there was a reasonable Clio turn out, wished I could have been there!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
For something like springs where there not manufacturer specific I would go elsewhere Craig, I think It was Faulkner (sp) I got springs from for my Motons in the past , as long as you know the spring weight/length/diameter they have loads in stock and were out next day.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
That's why I told him I was going to drive down there and shoot him. I'd had enough.
Well the spring delivery arrives................ 4 springs ordered and 2 nr new top nuts............and further disappointment when I open the box!! 2 springs only, no top nuts and sent to the billing address and not the delivery address.....

really!!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well the spring delivery arrives................ 4 springs ordered and 2 nr new top nuts............and further disappointment when I open the box!! 2 springs only, no top nuts and sent to the billing address and not the delivery address.....

really!!!
I feel your pain mate. The problem you will encounter is that the rear Ast springs are 1.9" id and also very long, so your kind of snookered for buying elsewhere. You can run the smaller eibach springs with a helper spring, but you need a spacer collar to add length to the spring. Make sense? I turned some up for mine out of nylon bar. Alternatively you could double 2 eibach springs up, but you need to run 2x 200lb springs to get the rate of 400lb. It also gets expensive buying 4 eibach springs!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I feel your pain mate. The problem you will encounter is that the rear Ast springs are 1.9" id and also very long, so your kind of snookered for buying elsewhere. You can run the smaller eibach springs with a helper spring, but you need a spacer collar to add length to the spring. Make sense? I turned some up for mine out of nylon bar. Alternatively you could double 2 eibach springs up, but you need to run 2x 200lb springs to get the rate of 400lb. It also gets expensive buying 4 eibach springs!
I know its becoming expensive already!! just called Curtis who confirms that the front springs should arrive today as well (coming from Eibach as they didn't have any!!!) and the top nuts he told me they had loads of, and would send no problem, he doesn't actually have!! WTF

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I know its becoming expensive already!! just called Curtis who confirms that the front springs should arrive today as well (coming from Eibach as they didn't have any!!!) and the top nuts he told me they had loads of, and would send no problem, he doesn't actually have!! WTF
Well if you need any more eibach springs I'd say give @Russ_16v on here a shout mate. I'm sure I read that he can get good prices on them, and it's where I'll go when I alter the rates on mine. :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
A little update tonight....

Jenvey revised backing plate arrived and the filter of death has been replaced!!
WP_20150819_029.jpg

WP_20150819_031.jpg

WP_20150819_033.jpg

WP_20150819_034.jpg

Big thanks to Nigel @ Jenvey for his help and prompt service on return from his Holiday :up:

Only other update is that the 2 front race spec springs have arrived too (about time) but the two illusive top nuts as still awaited..........!! not great but I have contacted Curtis so you never know?? oh and I have freed the front callipers off as much as possible, they will require an complete overhaul during the winter, dust caps / seals have went brittle with a year and a half of punishment, but certainly better than they were :smile:

Hopefully springs fitted next week and I can feel the benefit on the next track day on the 30th, but as its a sessions day I don't think we will be chasing times, it will just be good to see how different it drives when being pushed....... It will be quite a different car, engine mods completed, different suspension and I also have a set of 888's (well 5 actually) to use in lieu of the A048's ( I like the stiffness of the A048 side walls over 888's but a bargain was to be had so all good), so big change and hopefully a bit of fun listening to that ITB noise over standard.

Only other mod was a superficial one, white wheels have been coated silver for nothing more than aesthetics!! sad really!!

Well that's it for now, hopefully see some of you up there!

Attachments

• WP_20150819_030.jpg
    WP_20150819_030.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 64

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Ueah
You doing the private night on the 3rd Craig? Engine bay is looking awesome! So clean and tidy for a track car lol.

Yeah I got hot the last spot mate, all paid for and rating to go.... Only problem is I'm working in Aberdeen that day so the car will be at knockhill waiting on me, I just hope the traffics good on the way down or I may be doing a half hour stint!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you've had a similarly frustrating month with Curtis to me.

4 weeks to get a set of springs. In the end I got the rear pair and cancelled the fronts. Funny, as they've been 'out for delivery' about 5 times.

Polite liar.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Sounds like you've had a similarly frustrating month with Curtis to me.

4 weeks to get a set of springs. In the end I got the rear pair and cancelled the fronts. Funny, as they've been 'out for delivery' about 5 times.

Polite liar.
Same mate, but my fronts came as Eibach, correct weighting so no big deal... Contact @Russ_16v and save your self a lot of hassle

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Same mate, but my fronts came as Eibach, correct weighting so no big deal... Contact @Russ_16v and save your self a lot of hassle
Yes, my fronts were coming direct from eibach, and we're out for delivery yesterday (but never came).
I fitted some FK springs in the end.

The best part was when he gave me a fake tracking number :)

53 Clio's & counting
Thanks @cpaterson76 ! For reference guys, from me currently Eibachs are taking about 3 days from order to delivery - the longest so far has been about 5 days

Glad to hear you seem to be getting things sorted at least mate!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
tonight's update........

New springs fitted, no new shiny top nuts though, surprise surprise!! not the end of the world and if they ever do arrive it will be an easy change over!

Usual picture happy update for you with a few added notes below... sorry to bore!!

IMG-20150826-WA0002.jpg

Fronts 20Nm harder, and 10mm shorter so balances it self out no real adjustment required, sits marginally (if anything) higher but i did think it was a little too low anyway so minor adjustments may be required after Sunday's trial!

IMG-20150826-WA0007.jpg

Rear - 60Nm harder and 50mm shorter.................. results in quite a drop on the car............ thought about leaving it low but actually handles nicely a little higher so it got raised again to how it sat before ............:tongueout:

IMG-20150826-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20150826-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20150826-WA0012.jpg

Well that's it for tonight, will let you know the benefits on track on Sunday, if the weather stays dry of course!! about as hopeful of a dry day as i am of seeing the new top nuts from Curtis though!:smile:

Attachments

• IMG-20150826-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20150826-WA0008.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 52
  Ph2 172
All the horror stories about Curtis meant I didn't even consider ASTs and went for AVOs instead.

What's the story with him? Is it the case that he has such a high workload that he just can't manage it himself, or is he just a prick?

I don't have the patience for liars so I didn't risk getting myself involved. It's a shame for AST that they're missing out on business due to him.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
All the horror stories about Curtis meant I didn't even consider ASTs and went for AVOs instead.

What's the story with him? Is it the case that he has such a high workload that he just can't manage it himself, or is he just a prick?

I don't have the patience for liars so I didn't risk getting myself involved. It's a shame for AST that they're missing out on business due to him.

I think it may be busy mate, but I agree honest works....... if you know its going to be a month you can deal with it!

let me know how you get on with the AVO's

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Just looks so mean, perfect stance
Thanks mate, it does seem to sit well and to be fair it went really well at the track day yesterday. Got a lot of comments and the only thing that past us was a mega horsepower Evo. One of the guys I passed says he has go pro footage of it spitting flames as well....... Should be worth a view, iv never actually seen it running! Quite a few guys with cameras up there too yesterday so I'm hoping a few on track photos make there way on to here as well..... It will be good to see the car in action!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well tonight's update following the track night at knockhill.... Just back and unloaded, photo below of she looked before I went up......

WP_20150902_002.jpg

And below 2 photos of how that rear quarter looks after the track night...

WP_20150903_001.jpg

WP_20150903_002.jpg

Caught the gravel on the way into Butchers. Saved it, snapped back, saved that, ran out of track and went side ways over the cone..... Who would have thought a cone could do that much damage..... Never mind, it all be cheaper than the clutch to fix so she should be looking great again within the week.......

Plus point in in the 62's with a passenger and she sounds amazing !! :)