ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
and some more.............

IMG-20150904-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0008.jpg

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Tonight's update

Spent the first night of my holiday with the Trophy on stands, all wheels and bumper off and a complete foam and pressure clean underneath and a full check over after the scenic route at Butchers last night..................

WP_20150904_013.jpg

Good news is, other than the cone dent !! everything is first class, road wheels on and a quick 10 minute test drive and perfect!....... she is booked into the body shop tomorrow morning so everything going well she will be looking as before for the next outing!

It was really good meeting a lot of new faces last night and to see so many Clio's on track (or off in my case 🙈:car:🔨). Wish i could make Blyton to catch up with more of you, but there's always next year!

Ph2 172
Looks epic mate. Do you not think it could do with raising it about 20mm? Looks touch and go on the front arches!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I
Looks epic mate. Do you not think it could do with raising it about 20mm? Looks touch and go on the front arches!
The photos are deceiving mate. Now that iv uprated the springs I only get minimal rubbing under full tilt and that's only when I have my 17.5 stone mate in the passenger seat....... I must fit the aero catches to the front bumper though, it pops out on the passengers side, but I suppose that stops it cracking.... :)

Also I love the stance on her..... Lol

WP_20150829_009.jpg

Next time your up come out and see, I think handling is pretty spot on just now

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I'm not on face book, but Fraser sent a few screen s***s over, didn't realise Clio's have that a big following on there!!
IMG-20150904-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20150904-WA0016.jpg

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
love this car, looked so good out on track. Although you had a moment after the chicane when you yumen and fraser were going at it and I could see this red trophy getting closer as I was on a slow down lap in my cup haha!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
love this car, looked so good out on track. Although you had a moment after the chicane when you yumen and fraser were going at it and I could see this red trophy getting closer as I was on a slow down lap in my cup haha!
Yeah the 3 of us loved that, 4 or 5 lap chase, not so sure our passengers did though lol. We were tail out through the chicane catching the gravel on exit. Someone posted video of us all coming through there, but I can get my phone to upload it up !

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Yeah the 3 of us loved that, 4 or 5 lap chase, not so sure our passengers did though lol. We were tail out through the chicane catching the gravel on exit. Someone posted video of us all coming through there, but I can get my phone to upload it up !

Aye that was what I seen in my mirrors haha!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Thought id do a bit of an update on the Trophy tonight, absolutely nothing exciting happening to it to be fair.......... but as i had to nip on the forum to drop @Martin. a note re some bolts (sorry again i didn't have any!) i thought i'd let you know whats happening just now......

in short not a lot! still not had the car into the body shop, it was meant to go in at the start of September but as he is chocca and i don't use it every day i had to take the patient route of waiting........... (not good when as i'm not that patient!) but as he does do a good job, i just have to be lol 😞

only modifications just now were to the grille, i thought it would be a little better if you saw more of the radiator (as i think the support bracket looks quite cool!), so red trim removed, grille / slam panel cut enlarged and a more subtle black trim added to the extended cut! before and after photos below:
WP_20150809_011.jpg
WP_20150927_001.jpg
WP_20150927_002.jpg

oh, so while i did that a little bit more cleaning and detailing under the bonnet was undertaken! i actually think i liked the red trim so i may have to spend £2 on eBay and get some more, but no real rush!!

As the last track day for the year is probably going to be the 25th October, I have a little dilema!! the front pads have about 2mm on them, not really enough for the planned 100 laps and since the calipers need a complete refurb or replacement, and the discs need replaced (not really in that bad condition to be fair for 2 years of track use but i think its about time to change or upgrade) i didn't want to put the new set of RC8's in, as i'd rather save them to start next year off with the new discs, pads calipers etc........ but needs must i suppose!! unless anyone has a half worn set of RC6's that they want sensible money for??

The next dilema is that i'm really liking the look of at @Keith185 Brembo caliper conversion, but as discussed with him and @Ph1 Tom & @Fraser.J. the standards with RC6's lock the wheels at every given opportunity! so i don't really see the benefit..............???? other than they do look really cool!!!!

Anyway, sorry to prattle on and bore you! All going well it should be sorted in some fashion for the 25th, so hopefully the weather is good and we get a memorable track day to end the year, although possibly not as memorable as the last (for all the wrong reasons)!!

hope to see some of you up there 🙈

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Looks brilliant Craig, to clean for a track car!

Seen the video of you and Fraser on Instagram fighting it out some ballsy corners haha! I'm going to book the 25th, few bits to do before then but looking forward to it!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200

Seen the video of you and Fraser on Instagram fighting it out some ballsy corners haha! I'm going to book the 25th, few bits to do before then but looking forward to it!
Yeah that was a quite good night to be fair, the 3 of us had a good 6 or 7 lap battle swapping the lead from lap to lap, don't know how impressed the passengers were LOL!!. Be good to see you up there on the 25th, i need to get booked up!! Oh and your one to talk about a clean engine bay!!!!

i'll see if i can post some of my in car footage and one of the footage from the chicane too!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thought id do a bit of an update on the Trophy tonight, absolutely nothing exciting happening to it to be fair.......... but as i had to nip on the forum to drop @Martin. a note re some bolts (sorry again i didn't have any!) i thought i'd let you know whats happening just now......

in short not a lot! still not had the car into the body shop, it was meant to go in at the start of September but as he is chocca and i don't use it every day i had to take the patient route of waiting........... (not good when as i'm not that patient!) but as he does do a good job, i just have to be lol 😞

only modifications just now were to the grille, i thought it would be a little better if you saw more of the radiator (as i think the support bracket looks quite cool!), so red trim removed, grille / slam panel cut enlarged and a more subtle black trim added to the extended cut! before and after photos below:
View attachment 137375 View attachment 137376 View attachment 137377
oh, so while i did that a little bit more cleaning and detailing under the bonnet was undertaken! i actually think i liked the red trim so i may have to spend £2 on eBay and get some more, but no real rush!!

As the last track day for the year is probably going to be the 25th October, I have a little dilema!! the front pads have about 2mm on them, not really enough for the planned 100 laps and since the calipers need a complete refurb or replacement, and the discs need replaced (not really in that bad condition to be fair for 2 years of track use but i think its about time to change or upgrade) i didn't want to put the new set of RC8's in, as i'd rather save them to start next year off with the new discs, pads calipers etc........ but needs must i suppose!! unless anyone has a half worn set of RC6's that they want sensible money for??

The next dilema is that i'm really liking the look of at @Keith185 Brembo caliper conversion, but as discussed with him and @Ph1 Tom & @Fraser.J. the standards with RC6's lock the wheels at every given opportunity! so i don't really see the benefit..............???? other than they do look really cool!!!!

Anyway, sorry to prattle on and bore you! All going well it should be sorted in some fashion for the 25th, so hopefully the weather is good and we get a memorable track day to end the year, although possibly not as memorable as the last (for all the wrong reasons)!!

hope to see some of you up there 🙈
Regards the brembos, if you need to justify them to yourself, you'll reduce your unsprung weight which will benefit the handling.
I'm going for a custom 295mm setup with bells and rotors to reduce this further.

@Phase1sr had some bells available recently iirc that @Ph1 Tom had made up, if you wanted to follow that route.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Regards the brembos, if you need to justify them to yourself, you'll reduce your unsprung weight which will benefit the handling.
I'm going for a custom 295mm setup with bells and rotors to reduce this further.

@Phase1sr had some bells available recently iirc that @Ph1 Tom had made up, if you wanted to follow that route.
Thank you bud for the tag. [emoji2]

Yes I still have the bell's if the op is interested.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Thank you bud for the tag. [emoji2]

Yes I still have the bell's if the op is interested.

cheers mate, i know, tom had text me a little while ago, he has the calieprs and pins, he mentioned @Phase1sr had the bells, so a set of brackets and i'm there.................... stop it all of you this is becoming a little too tempting !!!!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
HELP PLEASE........

Can someone explain how to upload some video footage?? i can put photos up all day but have some footage from the in car camera and of someone who was filming Fraser, yeomen and myself having a good battle but i cant get them to load up..........

all help greatly appreciated

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200

Is this one of them?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200

And another! - all in all I think we had 6 of 7 laps just like this..... and then went back in to change passengers :smile:

i'll upload some in car footage now since I seem to have figured this out 🙈:up: