ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Lol, I cant wait to see where you two and James qualify/finish

Qualifying will be like having a baby----what's it going to be.... finish, hoping no worse that where we qualified....

Looking good toasty

Cheers, got my 100mm bolt on yesterday too....even when I winched it on the trailer the day before (before I moved the TRS) it did a bit of damage to the CAF. Glad I moved it.

Messing around with the camera position and quality today....still don't know whether to used the skeleton door to the Gopro box or the solid one.

Video of when I loaded the car earlier today, solid door fitted to Gopro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on finishing your first ever competitive race in CSCC, albeit even though you were both up against it with various things that happened! Hopefully you can get it all sorted quick and easily. Here's a couple of pictures my brother took of the car through qualifying and race, even got a couple of close ones between you and James (BigAsh) :)

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

Pictures of you and BigAsh...

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

Favourite pic of the day...

IMG_6085.jpg

Good luck for the next race.

Cheers
Nick

Monaco 172
Was a bit odd jumping on the A1 at 5.45am and seeing a car I've been reading about on here for the last couple of months. Very random!

I was in the blue BMW, gave you a thumbs up.

IMG_5417-1.jpg

172 Race Car
Well done today. What a way to start your lives in racing. Plenty of things experianced. Im amazed at how calm Sam was when she came in with the damage. You both did really well. Lets hope you sort your problems out and can have an even better day next time

172 Race Car
Got collected by an out of control fiesta. Sam was totaly unfased by it when she came into the pits after so we sent her back out, So they got a finish

BMW Z4
Oh my lord what a batismn we are all having eh. I think a new door and that will be sorted. Hope you enjoyed your first race.

Just a quick update....just seen the final results and my fastest time was on Lap 6, 57.552 secs....well pleased with this...

Plus we achived what we set out to do...to finish higher than we qualified....another good result....lol.

ScreenHunter_01May080933-1.gif

ScreenHunter_04May080938.gif

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Congratulations :) Bit gutted I couldn't make it sounds like it was an eventful race.

Shame about the paint trade, but all things considered could of been far worse :)

172 Race Car
Wow, didnt realise that Pete, brilliant laptime, seriously good. well done

Did you see the note on the bottom of time sheet that said you had an intermitant transponder?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Was such a shame you had that incident. Got to say, I was amazed to see you just push the door closed again, check it wouldn't fly open and send her out again.

Kudos! Great performance considering you didn't have the 37 man support team Messers Payne and Hunter had LOL

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Glad you enjoyed the 1st race!! Again, shame about the incident though :dapprove:

I briefly mentioned to Sam that i might have a Monaco door that you can have for nowt, so i'll try & get a picture of it later on for you if you like? Cant remember whether its also got damage though lol.

Wow, didnt realise that Pete, brilliant laptime, seriously good. well done

Did you see the note on the bottom of time sheet that said you had an intermitant transponder?

Cheers Jay. Going to get the video of both our fastest laps extracted from the mix....the video is well good watching back...I get a rear side\oversteer off Paddock and the steering wheel is turned to the left quite a bit to recover.....Oooh.

The transponder was hired from TSL, maybe where I placed it bodgedtaped to the glove box tray didn't help.

Car looked really tidy and was fast on track, shame about the dent in the drivers door but I'm sure it'll buff out. ;)

Went faster than I thought, there's 438's for you. Proper race car now...

Congrats on finishing your first ever competitive race in CSCC, albeit even though you were both up against it with various things that happened! Hopefully you can get it all sorted quick and easily. Here's a couple of pictures my brother took of the car through qualifying and race, even got a couple of close ones between you and James (BigAsh) :)

Good luck for the next race.

Cheers
Nick

Thanks Nick, reliabilty is the name of the game, as I've found out...driver helps too...

Need to do a before and after now.

Well done the pair of you.

Real Baptism of fire for you today.

It was a good experiance all round, as been said before, track days cannot prepare you for your first race, chalk and cheese. Looking back at the video, good view of my eyes in the rear view mirror, wide open and did not blink once(it seems).

All the help from CS both forum and members actually there helped massively....

What happened guys?

Hope all are ok and everything is easily sorted.

All fine and parts sorted....I'll hang the damaged door up in pundits corner for discussion over a few beers...

Oh my lord what a batismn we are all having eh. I think a new door and that will be sorted. Hope you enjoyed your first race.

Cheers Iceman, worth all the work\preparation to get on the grid i must say.

Great to see you guys yesterday and was a cracking day :) Well done with the lap times both of you they are really great was just a shame about the limp mode throughout the day for you :( Good work with getting the new door and i'm sure it'll be looking as good as new in no time! I look forward to a few more tussles throughout the year :D I've got some great video from behind of you and Sam overtaking people so when I get it sorted out I will pop it up if you want!

Clio
well done guys, great result considering the problems, hope to come to a few races this season so hopefully ill get chance to say hi!

Great to see you guys yesterday and was a cracking day :) Well done with the lap times both of you they are really great was just a shame about the limp mode throughout the day for you :( Good work with getting the new door and i'm sure it'll be looking as good as new in no time! I look forward to a few more tussles throughout the year :D I've got some great video from behind of you and Sam overtaking people so when I get it sorted out I will pop it up if you want!

Hi James, Good to see you in action, can you post the video of hunting down number 17 when you've time. Door and sill trim arriving next week so won't be too bad after..just the limp mode to sort out. Cheers Pete

No worries Pete, I have been going through it and trying to sort it for hours now so going to have to call it a day but as soon as I sort it I will send it over :)

Glad to hear you are making quick progress with the repairs! Good luck with the limp mode it seems an odd one! I'm guessing a sensor of some sort playing up, If you struggle with it then i'm sure Matt could get it sorted in no time and he's fairly local to you I think :)

CSCC Tintops Brands Hatch 07-05-2012 in 1080p from inside Number 17

The formation lap, start and first 15 mins of race.....I have limp mode problems just after overtaking the black Ford Puma, number 7 (around 11mins), limp mode returns two laps later - will segment all good bit's out later and upload.

Grid postion 23

[video=youtube_share;SfTX1gVxDmo]http://youtu.be/SfTX1gVxDmo[/video]

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good work on your first weekend,

shame to hear about your damage (thats is the sole reason i don't want to circuit race - because of the potential for others to damage your car), however £40 for a new sideskirt and door is spot on.....

Very clear picture Pete, what camera were you using?

It's a GoPro Hd 2, good bit of kit. Left the solid door on too, the sound is ok.

good work on your first weekend,

shame to hear about your damage (thats is the sole reason i don't want to circuit race - because of the potential for others to damage your car), however £40 for a new sideskirt and door is spot on.....

Can't beat the adrenalin rush though...no accounting for other peoples driving I know, just have to go with it and hope it dosen't get damaged beyond all help too soon. I think we both know (Sam & I) that unless we get qualified in the top 15 there is no hope once in the back of the grid to catch\be placed in the top 10. After I overtook the Puma, car 7 there was at least 3\4 of a lap before the next placed car....then I had electrical problems any way.

Just looked though Pete and your fastest race lap would have put you 14th in Quali so I think really good result for you guys! Quick car out of the box :)

Video looks great Pete, the external microphone for my video fit's the go pro so if you ever want to give it a try then let me know :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the second half of the vid too!

172 Race Car
Good footage Pete. Looks like you had fun and took to it well. Brands is always a very strong field with times very close so don't worry about positions. As I said the laptime is very good