ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

182cup & 172 racecar
Good move at 11.20.

Feel like a racing driver now.

See how people do leave you a little room if you poke your nose up the inside.

You'll get used to people and how they drive, took us a while before we knew who we could dice with and be trusted.

Hooked now ?

172 cup, Impreza P1
That White civic that brought out the yellow flag was on a mission. What was the damage like to it and the teg?

Awesome videos - makes me want to get into this so much!

I had a "moment" at paddock hill on a track day last year - bit too much speed overtaking an evo and I panicked and did that daft thing of lifting off - think I was sideways for half the bend lol - brown trouser moment

Just looked though Pete and your fastest race lap would have put you 14th in Quali so I think really good result for you guys! Quick car out of the box :)

Video looks great Pete, the external microphone for my video fit's the go pro so if you ever want to give it a try then let me know :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the second half of the vid too!

I keep reliving the moments, full hd on the big screen is worth the lengthy editing times. Harry and Scarlett love their "race dvd's" of Mum and Dad. Priceless.
Middle part is in the editing suite - bought race render as was to have had a data logger but it didn't arrive in time, just as well really as cancelled the order as not sure what electrics\ecu I'll
have come June 23rd-Mallory testing.

Good footage Pete. Looks like you had fun and took to it well. Brands is always a very strong field with times very close so don't worry about positions. As I said the laptime is very good
It was the best time, really had a great time, all of it was excellent, playing in the back, keeping it safe turned out good. I held back a few times as didn't need to push\rush as sort of knew the car was a bit better than the ones around me. Felt natural which a good place to be.

Clio 172
good work on your first weekend,

shame to hear about your damage (thats is the sole reason i don't want to circuit race - because of the potential for others to damage your car), however £40 for a new sideskirt and door is spot on.....

I have to say I'm a huge motorsport fan and have been for years but seeing the guys on track having seen their cars being built on here makes me really want to go racing. I appreciate cars will get damaged and you can't expect that to be any different it is virtually a contact sport but I don't care I want to grab a set of overalls, jump in my car and fight it out with 30+ other cars.

Here's the next 18mins of our race....picks up two laps before I take Number 7 (Ford Puma) and covers the pit stop - we don't rush - 30secs - as I've been lapped a fair bit already. Forgot the name bloke who helped us out, had his car hit when he pulled of track with engine problems last year. Andy?

[video=youtube_share;Q_QgTRyN1gs]http://youtu.be/Q_QgTRyN1gs[/video]

Good move at 11.20.

Feel like a racing driver now.

See how people do leave you a little room if you poke your nose up the inside.

You'll get used to people and how they drive, took us a while before we knew who we could dice with and be trusted.

Hooked now ?

Cheers Tony, they were too busy with each other to notice me...was ready for the car to take the inside line and ease to the outside.

We both are hooked now, Sam's keen to get the car sorted for June, was quite gentlemanly once drivers knew you were there, on the outside of Druids a couple of times and could imagine being punted into the gravel on the exit in a more professional series...lol.

That White civic that brought out the yellow flag was on a mission. What was the damage like to it and the teg?

From what I saw as I passed it the number 11 Civic looked quite damaged 50\50 if it'll reappear, the teg tie wrap the rear bumper back on job done, went on to win anyway.

Awesome videos - makes me want to get into this so much!

I had a "moment" at paddock hill on a track day last year - bit too much speed overtaking an evo and I panicked and did that daft thing of lifting off - think I was sideways for half the bend lol - brown trouser moment

Got to be honest I need a diff more than TB's now, even Sam noticed the noisy engine and not going forward - on the first two laps I gained so much confidence in the car I was faster into corners and out than I've ever been before. I've learnt to keep of the brakes too when having a moment...lol Great fun.

I have to say I'm a huge motorsport fan and have been for years but seeing the guys on track having seen their cars being built on here makes me really want to go racing. I appreciate cars will get damaged and you can't expect that to be any different it is virtually a contact sport but I don't care I want to grab a set of overalls, jump in my car and fight it out with 30+ other cars.

Another welcome to the fold? I would buy a 3-4K one already made though - good fun to have done 90% of the work myself but the cost is a lot more than buying of the shelf - as the green yellow (72) pug has done simply adding a cage and other safety devices to a standard car is easy and works too.

Been looking at my limp mode problems and eng management light from the weekend and I need to get my fault codes read...any one local to Peterborough who can read them?...Want to see what they are as doing some research there are a lot of things that can lead to limp mode, along with relatively inexpensive parts\fixes.

Andy not coming back to racing after he got hit? Remember the guy in the 106 having a go at Tony about it lol did he ever come back?

As said it really is nice to hear about everyone helping each other out how club level motorsport should be imo.

182cup & 172 racecar
Andy Jos said he might do one race this year, but it's cost him so much to repair, he might leave it until next year.

But he might jump in with Russ (red MG) and is doing some safety car duties.

:dapprove: that's sh1t as it was completly out of his control and not his fault. At least 106 won't be back doesn't deserve it.

Clio 172
A few Pictures of the blue beast in action

ARW_0117.jpg

ARW_0325.jpg

ARW_0402.jpg

ARW_0446.jpg

ARW_0447.jpg

ARW_0503.jpg

ARW_0504.jpg

ARW_0507.jpg

ARW_0541.jpg

ARW_0547.jpg

ARW_0606.jpg

ARW_0668.jpg

ARW_0831.jpg

Clio 172
No worries Pete I was chatting to you after the race but I doubt in amongst all the adrenaline you'd remember (I was in the gulf team cap). As I said to James if I can get my DVDr to work I'll burn a disk of all the pictures.

172 Race Car
Been waiting to see that.

She did nothing wrong and there was nothing she could of done imo. Very lucky to get hit in the door, a few feet further back and she'd of spun somewhere nasty.

Ouch that doesn't look good and scary how much Sam's head moved on impact! Really glad she is all okay and the car isn't badly damaged :) As I said when I saw the crash nothing she could really do just unfortunate :(

Been waiting to see that.

She did nothing wrong and there was nothing she could of done imo. Very lucky to get hit in the door, a few feet further back and she'd of spun somewhere nasty.

Wrong place wrong time...pity...

Vids not working for me :(

has it worked since?

Very unlucky that one but lucky where it hit.

Hope you get it fixed ok.

Door and bottom trim arriving, though not too sure what to do re damage to sill, I'll post some pictures of it and see what the consensus is. Could just leave it and put the trim over it, wouldn't see it me thinks.

Ooh, ouch, such a shame, wrong place at the wrong time.

Fantastic pics beforehand though. Got to admit seeing the blue 172 Cup racing makes me a bit emotional LOL.

Yes some great shots from the day for our album, emotional?

Ouch that doesn't look good and scary how much Sam's head moved on impact! Really glad she is all okay and the car isn't badly damaged :) As I said when I saw the crash nothing she could really do just unfortunate :(

Cheers James, all ok, played it back in slow motion - looks like head is going to fall off. Sorry re the bad wording to my 438 post, wasn't thinking.

Have to say Pete having seen the video she held the car really well, the Fiesta could have easily punted her into the gravel.

At least Sam didn't get out to swap details..lol

Looks like I may be getting a new Quaife LSD from Tweeks, got a £880 inc vat special price today from them....just have to find out what's involved in removing and fitting, the crown wheel has to be un-pressed and pressed into the Quaife - they would do that for free but charge £1050 for the lsd.

Any one know the labour hours for removing- swapping lsd and re-fitting the Gear box?

Just pricing it all up for now - still haven't gotten to the bottom of my limp mode problems - could point to the UCH, which may be faulty...

172 Race Car
Looks like I may be getting a new Quaife LSD from Tweeks, got a £880 inc vat special price today from them....just have to find out what's involved in removing and fitting, the crown wheel has to be un-pressed and pressed into the Quaife - they would do that for free but charge £1050 for the lsd.

Any one know the labour hours for removing- swapping lsd and re-fitting the Gear box?

Just pricing it all up for now - still haven't gotten to the bottom of my limp mode problems - could point to the UCH, which may be faulty...
Really surprised to hear you say that mate. Id of thought £1k was better spent on an ecu and new loom than an LSD at this stage. We raced the first season without one.

But at least you will get less wheel spin as you pull away from stopping to restart the car twice per race

Golf GTD Mk7
If get the one in the sale section personally. Save yourself some money to put towards loom/ecu/dash like Jay said.

Really surprised to hear you say that mate. Id of thought £1k was better spent on an ecu and new loom than an LSD at this stage. We raced the first season without one.

But at least you will get less wheel spin as you pull away from stopping to restart the car twice per race

Forum\written word is rubbish at times...bottom of my post says