ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, XBOX ONE, PS4)

Evo 5 RS
They had the nerve to recently take jibs at other developers as well, but CD don't have some pompous windbag at the forefront like some firms lol.

Was't aware it had been delayed, bit of a shame but this game will be well worth the wait.

Michał Krzemiński, the Senior Art Producer at CD Projekt RED, the studio behind The Witcher 3, has some interesting things to say when it comes to next-gen consoles and games.

He was asked about next-gen tech and RPG titles, where he talked about the on-going 'resolution war' that we are seeing roll out in front of our eyes thanks to the Xbox One and PS4. Krzemiński said: "If you're asking me to throw a rock in the PS4 vs. Xbox One resolution war, I won't. The game is not finished and talking about resolutions, framerates and min. specs (for PC) is, I think, pointless. Everything can change during the optimization process at the end of development. Rest assured, we're working our butts off make The Witcher 3 run and feel equally awesome on every platform."

Krzemiński was asked if there's anything that the next-gen hardware has allowed CD Projekt RED to do that might not have been possible on the previous generation consoles, to which he said: "There's no one specific thing that next-gens allowed us to do. There's a whole ton of them. Essentially, the game can look mind-blowing, we've got seamless gameplay with no loading screens (almost everything is streamed during gameplay, cutscenes etc.), we can add visual effects unavailable to us before because of performance issues and so on, the list is huge. All this constitutes a giant, lush open world with a myriad of things to do, quests, adventures, monster hunts, events and so on."

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/36187...er-studios-for-talking-performance/index.html

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bit more news.... (as per Scutch's comment)

Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT S.A.

D.

Evo 5 RS
In all honesty, with certain developers you'd possibly feel a degree of concern, but not with CD. They just seem to genuinely want to deliver. God bless those hard working Polaks :D

Evo 5 RS
lol! Carmack is a genius but the cracks just kept on showing that id weren't really moving with the times, just the technology. Now of course he's with Oculas. Rumour had it awhile ago that they'd completely scrapped Doom 4 and gone back to the drawing board. Valve did that with Half Life though, so that's not necessarily a bad thing :D

Nissan 350z
Looks like DragonAge: Inquisition will be the next large scale RPG to release now due to this Witcher delay. Shame :(

Evo 5 RS
The Witcher 3 - GTX780Ti Pushes 35-45fps At Max?

According to Gametech, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a very demanding title; a title that a single GTX 780Ti struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

Moreover, it is said that the PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What's also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version. Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2.

Evo 5 RS
So consoles will be playing this at 900p/ 720p upscaled and at minimum quality.

Nice to know the next generation has done its job lol.

Hope the dev tools improve soon

Yaris Hybrid
To be honest I dunno about pausing and pushing ones nose up against the screen but when playing I can't tell the difference between the various levels of MSAA so I never run at 8x.

But yeah this is why contrary to what some people in the industry claim, SLI is not overkill for 1080p.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ Wow. Looks superb.

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-25221-2651_0001.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
F**k me - so much want for this game! Please don't disappoint...

Does look very impressive. I would love a game like this when seen in the 3rd person, to be a 4-person co-op offering. Imagine a modern-day version of Gauntlet, but with far more RPG elements and storyline thrown into it?

I guess the issue with multiplayer co-op is the levelling and quests for online players. Irrespective of players levelling-up before others on the team - there's the technical stability in keeping the game up and running, the lack of disconnections, and making the game fun - but not too easy or difficult. An immense task for any team of developers imo - and probably the main reason why its never been done, lol.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Imagine a modern-day version of Gauntlet, but with far more RPG elements and storyline thrown into it?
There was a rumour circulating in game development circles some 18 months or so ago about an approach being made to re-vision / re-imagine Gauntlet through a well-known 3D graphics and gaming engine. It did die down and I have no idea if anything came out of it (or, indeed, if it was purely a rumour with no evidence to support it).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There was a rumour circulating in game development circles some 18 months or so ago about an approach being made to re-vision / re-imagine Gauntlet through a well-known 3D graphics and gaming engine. It did die down and I have no idea if anything came out of it (or, indeed, if it was purely a rumour with no evidence to support it).

It doesn't need to be a rumour - it needs to be fact! ;)

An original Gauntlet cabinet would be a required necessity if I ever had a Man Cave.

D.

Yaris Hybrid
Dunno, the first one needs pretty decent specs to run it maxed. Even without the ubersampling you are looking at 780 SLI to max it out at 1080p and never drop under 60fps! I know on mine it stays above 60 (but the fans speed up a lot!) but if I enable ubersampling it drops below quite often!

It does look fecking good though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Any idea what kind of specs we are looking at for PC?

I'm assuming nothing too powerful.
For top-whack visuals the developers have hinted that you'll need something pretty special / expensive... Naturally it will be scalable to lesser machines, and should still look pretty good :)

Nissan 350z
That makes me cringe thinking about how bad it will look compared to it running on my system. No chance it will look anywhere near that without some serious hardware investment. Have they released the spec that 35min was running on? I bet they wont! lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
May 19th better hurry up. Really hope it doesn't get delayed again.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I dunno, I'd rather a delay to have it properly finished.

Bloodborne should've been delayed a bit more, you can tell when you play it it's not finished round the edges.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I dunno, I'd rather a delay to have it properly finished.

It's been delayed for over a year haha. Another delay would be just taking the piss. They shouldn't leak release dates if they aren't confident of having a finished product in or around the estimated date. But in saying that, I'm guessing it's a tactic that is probably used a lot to gain publicity.

When it eventually does come out, it will no doubt have a huge patch within the first couple of months. No game is released fault free these days.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, but sometimes they just release dates or aim for dates to try and compete with a release on Xbox, kind of like Uncharted 4, which has been delayed.