ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Project that shouldn't really be a Project - Monaco Blue 172

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not with a BTB Midbox, its massive and sits right in the way.

I think you should still do some trackdays in this car mate, will be a laugh now im finally getting on track as well!

SQ5
It's too expensive. I can go for a weekend away to the Nurburgring for the cost of 1-1.5 Trackdays and the experience and driving is far beyond a UK Trackday!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, do love Monaco's on standards wheels.

Just wondering as you forgot about the top hats is there any chance you also forgot the bumpstops as I did that, my shocks from Renault were missing them and in a rush I just fitted them. Obviously then bottomed out in all corners.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
It's just like a black rippled rubber sleeve if you like, over the front struts. Shouldn't be able to see the metal strut between the spring platform and top hat.

Easiest if you just look at this photo

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Renault-clio-sport-172-cup-front-shock-absorber-/00/s/NDkwWDc0Mg==/$T2eC16JHJH8E9qSEUfz(BQo7)i2sL!~~60_35.JPG

That not Inbetween, think they're about £6 each from Renault and completely cropped mine bottoming out.

SQ5
It's just like a black rippled rubber sleeve if you like, over the front struts. Shouldn't be able to see the metal strut between the spring platform and top hat.

Easiest if you just look at this photo

$T2eC16JHJH8E9qSEUfz(BQo7)i2sL!~~60_35.jpg

That not Inbetween, think they're about £6 each from Renault and completely cropped mine bottoming out.

I'll go in tomorrow and get some!

SQ5
Haven't updated this in a while. Mainly because its staying standard I suppose ;)

Sorted the suspension issue out, once bumpstops were in the rubbing all stopped, Cooksport Springs and Cup Shocks are a perfect combination, really good set-up. Also unsure if I mentioned it but I kept the 25mm spacers which is perfect for the fronts, they sit nicely, could do with another 10mm though I reckon.

I also fitted some 10mm rear hub spacers and had -1 camber added to total -2 but its a little too much, I've currently got some 15mm ones coming from Dan@M.A.D with the standard camber be used

So since all of this I was banned for driving for a month between 18/1 - 20/2 which wasn't nice, although it keeps the mileage low, also had the insurance renewed at £699 which wasn't bad at all!

I've been cleaning it most weekends and keeping it tidy but found a few paint defects so once back from the Nurburgring I've got a small list of bits that need sorting.

The boot has been resprayed at some point as the paint is very orange peely, also the badges had been put on slightly wonky, half of Renault started to point up. So when cleaning the other day I went about taking these off to find out the previous owner had superglued them on, unfortunately this took some lacquer off so will need it resprayed. Also going to get the rear bumper done as there a few scratches where other owners haven't been careful putting things into the boot.

MOT is due end of the month but everything seems fine.

Here are some photos I took a few weeks ago, before destroying the boot :(

531940_10152728022915175_411162559_n.jpg

374536_10152728023060175_1064222477_n.jpg

529159_10152728023055175_469181679_n.jpg

553723_10152728023805175_1089219979_n.jpg

554991_10152728023535175_456894112_n.jpg

Attachments

• 531940_10152728022915175_411162559_n.jpg
    531940_10152728022915175_411162559_n.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 99
He just said he'd been banned for a month.

Even when I had 6 points my insurance wasn't high, depends on so many things.

Sucks about the bootlid Danny, worth getting a second hand one?

SQ5
Nice, do you have a few points for your insurance to be fairly high?

£699 isn't exactly high, I have 9 points and obviously the ban (although only 6 points count as such now) I did a quote with a comparison website as having a clean licence and the cheapest quote was £650. I'm only 25 and doing 5000 miles a year too.

He just said he'd been banned for a month.

Even when I had 6 points my insurance wasn't high, depends on so many things.

Sucks about the bootlid Danny, worth getting a second hand one?

Friends an excellent paint sprayer so will be getting that done and the boot done, will wait until after the Nurburging though I think just incase!

SQ5
Lol, I noticed that the other day, I'm in the top 60 posters out of a forum with nearly 70,000 people on lol!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I need to get my ass to some meets in the future, maybe a central RR meet somewhere in the summer like we did before with a huuuge attendance.. (ill stop spamming your thread now).

SQ5
Latest meet is up, Rindy is fairly central for RR and now meets are getting quite big I reckon we can get a good turnout.

SQ5
Smallish update.

Had the MOT last night and it passed with flying colours, no advisories and still only 20k miles covered in the last 4 years!

He said my discs were getting a bit grubby and I can feel they're not the sharpest brakes in the world. So Dan Mallet has kindly sold me his spare Brembo HC Discs and Pads.

So this weekend I will be fitting those as well as my new 15mm rear spacers as I'm not sure the massive cambered ones will be doing my tyres any good when going to the Nurburgring. I'll also finally be able to blank my washer jets off as the water has stained my front bumper, so no more leeks from there.

One thing that I feel massively lets my car down is the wheels. The rims are very scuffed and not straight at all, need a very good refurb. So I've picked up a set (well next Sunday I will) of standard wheels with a recent refurbishment. This saves me £50 and a couple of days to refurbish mine and I'll sell mine and make some back so it shouldn't work out too much difference to be honest.

So after this and next weekend it will of had a nice little tidy up and only needs the boot painted and a good machine polish, including the headlights. I'll be saving that until I'm back from the Nurburgring though, not wanting to tempt fate etc...

SQ5
Ok thats all lovely, but when are you going to be boosting this one.... ;)

LOL, that is everyone's question now its Summer and I'm missing boost! I've also got money sitting and could do it!

But house is more important and sorting that side of things out over the next 12-18 months. I hope to still have this Clio and then be in a good financial position to be able to do it. I'd do it all myself again but keep it looking subtle and standard.

SQ5
Lol, sorry! Haha!

I do want one but its an unneeded expense at the moment. If a Monaco one came up I'd be tempted.

I may very well have one you know. I'll look on Saturday and bring Sunday if I do? Anything else that I can use to knock off my tab ;)

SQ5
Few photos from the iPhone with new rear spacers, 15mm, fitted. And also new brakes.

e6y5udah.jpg

semasu2u.jpg

2u4a6yda.jpg

I reckon I could get 20-25mm on the rear.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks nice Dan :) I cant even run 5mm rear spacers without it rubbing, strange I know, every car seems to be different.

SQ5
Aren't your wheels cup offset though so technically already spaced 10mm I believe? Plus mines not very low either.

Bled the brakes today and they now feel awesome, was hoping to get new wheels fitted but I didn't have time.

Also gave it a once over with a machine polisher and SRP, mainly trying to get my bonnet to look a bit better and I think it did a bit. Needs a proper "detail" once back from Germany,

SQ5
So I spoke to the lad I sold this to tonight and there's a chance I may be able to buy it back!

Much excite!