ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Rumoured for a 10th September reveal, and 20th release!

​There have been sightings of a new build with dual LED flashes and a bigger battery... also heard about possibly getting rid of the home button and using fingerprint recognition. What else are we hoping for!?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: The iPhone 5S/6 thread...

Would really like to see a home button like on the nexus rather than an actual clicky button.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

To be honest - hardly anything. I had my 3GS almost from launch and that lasted me 4 years. Only got the 5 the other month - so there's no way I'll be upgrading until at least iPhone 7 at the earliest. Just compare the 4S and the 5 now - you have to be a real anal Apple geek to even notice the differences.

Skip a generation is the best policy with iPhones imo.

​D.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I reckon it'll just be like the 5 but faster. Just like the previous 's' models

I'll be getting whichever comes out next too, be it the 5s or 6 whatever they call it because my contract with the 4s I have will be up around October

To be honest - hardly anything. I had my 3GS almost from launch and that lasted me 4 years. Only got the 5 the other month - so there's no way I'll be upgrading until at least iPhone 7 at the earliest. Just compare the 4S and the 5 now - you have to be a real anal Apple geek to even notice the differences.

Skip a generation is the best policy with iPhones imo.

​D.

This, I went from 4 to 5 non of the "S" bollox, they make a s and add a feature that they claim isn't back compatible for instance Siri, which made people take the jump to which its just a gimmick, I wait for the redesign, not just essentially a software tweak.

The bigger screen and metal body drew me in for the 5

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I'd have done the same, but my first iPhone was the 4s so I guess I'm stuck with the in betweens from now on

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

AS long as it comes around that time, My contracts up end of Sept and I can sell my iPhone 5 then :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Don't lock this thread FFS!!

My contract has been up for 4 months but I'm refusing to upgrade till the new one comes out.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

My contract is up this month but as above, I'm holding out!

Only got the 5 in February so I'm locked in for another year and a half at least so it will be the 6 when I next renew (assuming the 5S comes out this year and the 6 the year after)

An orange one

I also don't go for the "S" variants, I've had 3G, 4, and 5 since launch

Will wait for the 6, however my Missus is due an upgrade from her 4 so she may well wait, though she's not hugely fussed on the tech and will only wait for the 5S if there are new colours available lol

Clio 200 Cup

Those release dates could just fall right for me, Galaxy S2 comes out of it's contract period in October. If I go for one, and I'm quite tempted because the Galaxy S4 doesn't impress me one bit, it'll be my first iPhone.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Those release dates could just fall right for me, Galaxy S2 comes out of it's contract period in October. If I go for one, and I'm quite tempted because the Galaxy S4 doesn't impress me one bit, it'll be my first iPhone.

Good man. The iPhones are far from flawless, but it's the only phone I've switched to after 12 years with Nokias. I get a LOT of models and variants passing my way through work and imo, the iOS and the way the phone simply operates, is far more intuitive and far more 'fluid' than others out there. Android based phones just feel 'cheap' to me - although extremely capable from a technical point of view.

​D.

work for BMW

Iv not falling for that iPhone rubbish again and buying a phone which will be exactly tthe same as all previous models just with tiny tiny upgrades.
Stick to your iPhone 4 and save your money

CLS320 with a D6

Good man. The iPhones are far from flawless, but it's the only phone I've switched to after 12 years with Nokias. I get a LOT of models and variants passing my way through work and imo, the iOS and the way the phone simply operates, is far more intuitive and far more 'fluid' than others out there. Android based phones just feel 'cheap' to me - although extremely capable from a technical point of view.

​D.

This.

I've owned every iPhone from launch date cos I'm a boss / massive faggot. They are far more intuitive than anything else out there. Got all the old boys (60+) rocking them at work now too and they love them vs the s**t box android / windows mobile. WinRAR?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've only recently got a 5. I had my previous iPhone 4 for 3 years so I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I am hoping the 5s (or whatever it is) is good and comes around those dates because my 4s is starting to get rubbish (right on que!!)
I've had a 2g, 3GS and now the 4s, so it seems I'm destined for the 's' models too!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't buy S variants, i'll wait on the 6 if i'm going to change.

No point speculating what it will look like. For ever model Apple have released they have never given away any information on it. They are very good at keeping things tight imo.

A month before you might get a picture of a test mule or something but months before is unheard of imo hence the locking of these threads full of b****cks from mac rumours or a mate that works at phones4u!!!!!!!!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
They are very good at keeping things tight imo.

I'd say you're pretty wrong on that tbh. Loads of iOS 7 information was released online before WWDC and nearly all of it was right. I guess you've gotta be looking in the right places though... I live on The Verge & Neowin! Maybe it's slightly different with the hardware, but even then a prototype (I forget which model now, iPhone 4?) was left in a restaurant wasn't it, and it ended up looking 95% the same when it was released.

Personally I'm on the 'S' cycle, and my contract runs out in August, so looking forward to this!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL, anything that was was vague as f**k and leaked intentionally.

Nobody predicted it would be as different as it is.

Golf R/Leon FR
I've still got the iPhone 4 and waiting until the new iPhone is announced, no point getting the 5 now, even if my 4 is horribly slow.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Contract ends in August, perfect timing, but will see what is actually coming before making a decision. Perfectly happy with my 4S for now though TBH

As for people saying get a 4 or 5 and not bother with an S model, I'm the other way round, I'd rather wait for the S model as they should have ironed out the issues by then and you also get a better spec. Certainly in the case of the 4 vs 4S the better camera/video, panaromic pics & faster processor are notable improvements, Siri is a gimmick though.

Let the speculation commence... :clown:

DB.

BMW 440i
I've had a 3GS, 4S and a 5, I like to update but I can't see the next being a great step apart from the 5, but if it is I will be extremely tempted to upgrade. I've found the battery quite weak on the 5, but that may be due to the amount I constantly play on it! Lol!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've had a 3GS, 4S and a 5, I like to update but I can't see the next being a great step apart from the 5, but if it is I will be extremely tempted to upgrade. I've found the battery quite weak on the 5, but that may be due to the amount I constantly play on it! Lol!

Thats interesting.

I found when I changed to the 5 that my battery was much better. I get a day and a half out of a full battery charge with heavy use

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
This got leaked the other week. Personally i'd say that would be the 5s, I may be wrong of course.

Dual LED flash and slightly uprated battery were the notable changes.

iPhone-5S-assembly-2-.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Yeah Gouldy, I suppose they all differ.

I also noticed specs/marks on the rear of the phone, despite being in a case, obviously from where dirt got inbetween the case and the phone and rubbed. I still prefer the phone from the 4S though!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Interesting to see why they do with the ipad. Just a diff casing and larger processor I assume.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Woooo, fancy, dual LED's

That's sarcasm by the way :)