ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the new inlet manifold by Angelworks and icarus ; any news ?

172 cup
All I can say is ring Ben and see where he is with it. Aside from that I'm a bit stuck :(

Icarus, I know you say you've involvement in this is done, but is there no chance you could get it back and do the final stages yourself or along with another tuning company. There are places out there that would make this happen in a matter of weeks. Im sure loads of renault sport tuning companys would kill to be in on this.

Or has some kind of contract been signed?

Its not an S2000 inlet, it has been designed as a bespoke inlet system for a clio,

it doesnt have throttle bodies, just similar style runners

this may happen.

Andy

? S2000 as in Super 2000 Regs. Which is where the idea first came from. The orignal design was as per the S2000 manifold design for the Focus BTCC project but packaged to fit in the space available in the 172/182 engine bay. This design morphed into something which pretty much was ITB's without the butterflies with a sealed plenum over the top which carried the stock throttle body. The 'S2000' name stuck though.

I very much hope it will happen. The big issue with taking it on again myself is that parts and patterns etc. are with Ben and I don't have the time available to start again from scratch which is why it was originaly a shared project with me contributing funds and parts but not dealing with production.

172 cup
May be worth a word, just an idea. Upto you at end of day. But you've done him a favour and your the one loosing out.

Dont mean to stick my nose in just hate seeing people pay money out there own pocket for something and see nothing in return

RB 182
Email I got last month as I was asking Icarus about this some time ago...

Hello Michael,

I am still continuing development at the moment. We have hit a slow patch as the second revision prototype was sent to Dubai for a race team to test out, however they are *****ing around and have had it for months and not done anything. So I am building revising 3 which should be the final one, and testing it on a customer’s car who wishes to be part of the test program in return for a slightly lower cost of the manifold.

I think we will be back onto it in the new year.

Regards

Ben

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I very much hope it will happen. The big issue with taking it on again myself is that parts and patterns etc. are with Ben and I don't have the time available to start again from scratch which is why it was originaly a shared project with me contributing funds and parts but not dealing with production.

Did you have a written agreement with him? I'd take him to Court to get the money back.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Email I got last month as I was asking Icarus about this some time ago...

Hello Michael,

I am still continuing development at the moment. We have hit a slow patch as the second revision prototype was sent to Dubai for a race team to test out, however they are *****ing around and have had it for months and not done anything. So I am building revising 3 which should be the final one, and testing it on a customer’s car who wishes to be part of the test program in return for a slightly lower cost of the manifold.

I think we will be back onto it in the new year.

Regards

Ben

Sounds familiar. Wait for the 'the guy who machines the stuff is on holiday/being slow/dicking me about/dead/gay....... Delete as appropriate.

RB 182
I think its time to send the boys round and see what the crack is...

Why? It's upto Ben what progress he wants and if/when this will be released. The only person that could say something is Icarus, but I believe it's passed onto Ben so no involvement anymore.

Gotta say that I've dealt with Ben before, oversea, by email, for real. I had my cylinder head modified by him couple years ago, and some parts from him last year. He maybe not so a person with efficiency, but he did complete the deal between us (many months later...) Just give him more time~

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Basically, giving Ben money is just that. You may as well burn it, as it either A) wont get done or B) gets done, performs averagely and then causes a load more problems due to everything being over spec'd and poor quality of work (sure, it may look nice on the outside, but those who have seen his mapping and engine builds will know the score).

I have no more sympathy or cares for people who get ripped off him anymore, I did warn you Icarus...I have been saying the same thing for years and it caused me to get banned more than once. Worth it tbh.