ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the new inlet manifold by Angelworks and icarus ; any news ?

2232634.jpg

Mondeo TDCI 130
Come on steve, we all know this thread will still be going on when Alfie is 22! lol.

Honestly don't know why either, Ben is such a nice chap, and has the skills to do anything so very very clever and the work he does do looks great.

But just doesn't seen to happen most of the time :(, Wish i was as clever as him!

If i won the lottery, i would employ him in my new oooober posh workshop, and employ a minder to get him up, to work, whip him all day.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd say something similar, with a sort of box on top with the throttle body at the end?

something to think about:)

almost identical to the one in this thread, ive seen it working and its like that, a la touring car.

its not gonna happen now though, unless someone proves me wrong, matt put effort in/RST did too, but it was angelworks who were meant to push the plug into the socket so to speak... and well, maybe 2020

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
almost identical to the one in this thread, ive seen it working and its like that, a la touring car.

its not gonna happen now though, unless someone proves me wrong, matt put effort in/RST did too, but it was angelworks who were meant to push the plug into the socket so to speak... and well, maybe 2020

That was from the original designer, its been around for a while but not produced from his stable.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You could sign the waiting list.

'Waiting' being the operative word. lol.

PMSL!...I was going to write that! That or check back to see who owns the design rights or who's will it's on!

[YOUTUBE]WbWuvCVBlT4[/YOUTUBE]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its never going to happen.

You need two things to get this up and running. Business brain and intelligent brain.

Sadly, the former is severely missing. Here we have a forum of 13,000 members. Granted not all drive a 172/182 but lets assume the majority do....

If I was intelligent enough to come up with something like this, i'd make sure that it would be at the forefront of my life. There is a MASSIVE MASSIVE earning potential here but nobody seems to have the nouse to sort it out.

It won't happen. Guaranteed.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Shame really as it would probably sell really well. If I was him and couldn't be bothered to drive it forward I'd license the design to another tuner. At then least I'd get a cut of each one sold with no effort on my part.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Its never going to happen.

You need two things to get this up and running. Business brain and intelligent brain.

Sadly, the former is severely missing. Here we have a forum of 13,000 members. Granted not all drive a 172/182 but lets assume the majority do....

If I was intelligent enough to come up with something like this, i'd make sure that it would be at the forefront of my life. There is a MASSIVE MASSIVE earning potential here but nobody seems to have the nouse to sort it out.

It won't happen. Guaranteed.

I think you are completely overestimating how many people would buy something like this. Not many people will spend the £1500 or so on their engine in one hit, and although there are some on here who will say they would buy it just look at how many group buys don't happen when it comes to "pay up" time.

David.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Not everyone is as learned as you Jon, give them time ;)

lol, sadly not. Dont want to say I told you so, but wherever Ben goes, failure follows. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't leave so many people out of pocket, but when you cant even do a simple ITB install without it turning into a several year fiasco what hope in hell does something even remotely complex stand?

Said for years, comes over as a charming young man, gets your money, then you eventually realise (or not as in most cases) how dishonest he is and you never hear from him again. Was nice to see my custom pulleys for my old car re-sold again and fitted to someone else's motor though... did I get my money back? The list of people he's screwed over grows by the day, so no my stance is "anyone stupid enough to hand over money to him deserves it, they have been warned a plenty".

Don't know where the hype comes from, the kid cant even complete a simple engine build without it blowing up.

I think you are completely overestimating how many people would buy something like this. Not many people will spend the £1500 or so on their engine in one hit, and although there are some on here who will say they would buy it just look at how many group buys don't happen when it comes to "pay up" time.

David.
Why charge so much then? Just break it down in CAD program so it can be put together by monkeys. Gas flow it on a program and see if it works. Make one up for f**k all. Test it, RR it then sell it. Charge £200 and sell 100s...

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Why charge so much then? Just break it down in CAD program so it can be put together by monkeys. Gas flow it on a program and see if it works. Make one up for f**k all. Test it, RR it then sell it. Charge £200 and sell 100s...

If its that easy then go for it and I will give you your first large order. Oh, and does your £200 retail include the custom ecu remap and has it been developed after many hours testing on a dyno/test car ?

David.

Read this on MIG, some brazilian guy knows what hes doing. We need another one of him.
Here
Edit,: Might be my last post. As you read through the thread he basically goes through every that is needed. Including calcs.

I cant remember where i got the pic, i remember pm'ing icarus as it was a website i recognised being assisiated with him. Its a genuine picture of the super 2000 inlet

That's a pit of a S2000 inlet but not the S2000 style inlet manifold people are talking about here.

The final version was completely straight with a large plenum box. Essentialy ITB's without the butterflies. Had a custom fuel rail, injector bosses etc. etc. very pretty bit of it and worked well.

I really hope Ben does something with this as I contributed many, many hours and several thousand quid to get the prototypes done. However I'd just like to say again my involvement in this ended quite a while back now so I can't say what stage it's at or if it will happen. Last time I do a deal on a % of profits basis though!!!

I don't mind drawing models up on 3D CAD and detailing manufacturing drawings for free* :eek:

*Discount on final product please ;)

The big problem is that you need to fabricate a plenum, a simple bit of ally tube just won't fit in the available space with sufficent volume. Fabricatei it out of billet is mega expensive due to the size of the billet and amount of machine time required. The design I worked on had CNC'd flanges and was then formed from folded sheet and welded to form a plenum. This was the most cost effective method whilst ensuring correct shape etc. but was still blood expensive due to the amount of labour involved.

Mk2 172
lol, sadly not. Dont want to say I told you so, but wherever Ben goes, failure follows. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't leave so many people out of pocket, but when you cant even do a simple ITB install without it turning into a several year fiasco what hope in hell does something even remotely complex stand?

Said for years, comes over as a charming young man, gets your money, then you eventually realise (or not as in most cases) how dishonest he is and you never hear from him again. Was nice to see my custom pulleys for my old car re-sold again and fitted to someone else's motor though... did I get my money back? The list of people he's screwed over grows by the day, so no my stance is "anyone stupid enough to hand over money to him deserves it, they have been warned a plenty".

Don't know where the hype comes from, the kid cant even complete a simple engine build without it blowing up.

And there it is, someone has finally said something thats completely 100% true on this forum. good on ya jon. and i got slagged of for GDI/omex work carried out on my car lol. There was nothing wrong with my car and they did the whole job within 2 days. NOT 2 YEARS!!

williams and trophy
Not everyone is as learned as you Jon, give them time ;)

it took years of me giving him s**t....and still the parts havent turned up....to realise this for himself tho. lol. could have saved him a hell of a lot of money.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
That's a pit of a S2000 inlet but not the S2000 style inlet manifold people are talking about here.

The final version was completely straight with a large plenum box. Essentialy ITB's without the butterflies. Had a custom fuel rail, injector bosses etc. etc. very pretty bit of it and worked well.

I really hope Ben does something with this as I contributed many, many hours and several thousand quid to get the prototypes done. However I'd just like to say again my involvement in this ended quite a while back now so I can't say what stage it's at or if it will happen. Last time I do a deal on a % of profits basis though!!!

Its not an S2000 inlet, it has been designed as a bespoke inlet system for a clio,

it doesnt have throttle bodies, just similar style runners

this may happen.

Andy