ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

:)

Untitled-1-8.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you can't work out how straight that photo is, 1 - get your eyes tested lol and 2 - scroll your browser til the horizon is at the top so you've got a straight line to reference...

:S

Maybe a stupid question but how do i get the link beneath the pic to a Flickr account? Do you need the pro version?

Set up a flickr account and when you share, select the "BB Code" and it adds it automatically, although I think there may be the option to turn the sig off...

No probs ^

6674474811_4f5aa814b1_z.jpg

Logan_04 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Shamelessly mimicked Dan's iPhone photo a few pages back playing with my new flashgun. Still prefer his iPhone composition and the character of the dog in the photo. Mine is either lazy, or won't stay still for long enough!

Last edited:
No probs ^

Logan_04 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Shamelessly mimicked Dan's iPhone photo a few pages back playing with my new flashgun. Still prefer his iPhone composition and the character of the dog in the photo. Mine is either lazy, or won't stay still for long enough!

haha I was pretty chuffed with that shot for an iPhone shot.

Maybe try a square crop, as I had to because of instagram. And my dog doesn't stay still for long either, not very photogenic at all!

Really like that sunset, Brazo.

Cheers Geordie although that spot is an utter shitehole haha, just that is about the only decent angle.

2.2 bar shed.
Driving round Plymouth Hoe a while ago and saw that Smeaton's Tower had been lit up for the America's Cup. Went home, grabbed my camera and returned.

Please resize it to something sensible. The composition just looks kinda wrong as well, its all leaning off to the right?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't got an edit button here for some reason, but if you stick 'small' on the end of the file name you'll get a 1/4 scale size.

As for the leaning, I wouldn't say the camera was that far out - look at the stage column on the left of the tower. Plus the bloody thing is on the side of a slope so it makes it even more irritating to get straight.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not a bad attempt Sam.

Next time I'd try it when it's dusk, and not completely dark, or on a lit motorway. Just so there's more light in the shot.

Try a longer exposure ;) Practice makes perfect. My first ones were wobbly and over/under exposed and just generally awful.

I'm quite a dab hand with the long ones these days :eek:

Knowing my luck, it'll either be so cloudy it's crap, or no clouds at all so it's really boring.

At least I'm getting my camera out again though!!

Read harder :rasp: it'll be fine, look at the link !

Clear as a bell until 9am with a 1% 20k ft coverage of fluffy things.

:evil:

I'll look forward to seeing your shots Dan. Have done two sunrises this week, the first consisted purely of white cloud. The second was ok, but combined with some frost and mist gave some lovely shots. Not quite the colour of my sunset I posted yesterday but nice all the same for a winter scene!