ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Rain + Sunshine = Macro Time!

8791951239_23c0c0c35c_c.jpg

Garden Macro by Harry_S, on Flickr

8791901187_696e63fe99_c.jpg

Garden Macro by Harry_S, on Flickr

Love those macro shots!!!

What's the best lens for macro shooting?

Main thing to look for is a 1:1 magnification ratio, secondly you want a pretty long focal length (ideally 60mm or more, but nearer 100mm for insects etc). The Tamron 90mm 2.8 (which I use) and Sigma 105mm 2.8 are two of the most popular macro lenses at a reasonable budget.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I got some macro lens for my 50mmm, still haven't used them as I thought they'd be a bit waff tbh

Cupra
^Fun!

I had a trip to an old Fort island at the weekend. It dates back to 1880 but was used during WWII too. I love war stuff so had a great time and all doors were open for us to explore.

Complete set here for anybody who's interested.

8845971167_aafda7f584_c.jpg

Forteiland Ijmuiden by .monk3y, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have been trying a few new things for night photography. Need to get the right and need to add some more to them but not bad for my first attempt I think.

Invaded.jpg

And a couple of wire wool shots.

Orb.jpg

Ring+of+fire.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Yep RAW, then just throw a grad filter in ACR. I do love the XE1 and am torn between that and the X100s to replace my X100.