ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Titanium 182
Re: Supercharged Sunflower

So you mean 6th June Craig hahahah May's almost been and gone pal

Sunflower colour must be sending your head in a spin lol

172 Cup

Great work mate, those calipers look awesome. I cant wait to have a good look at this at the FCS :)

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
So you mean 6th June Craig hahahah May's almost been and gone pal

Sunflower colour must be sending your head in a spin lol

Lmao i wondered why Waitey said next year, but yeh 6th june is its MOT the cars driving my crazy lol.[/FONT]

Great work mate, those calipers look awesome. I cant wait to have a good look at this at the FCS :)

Thanks dude, are you coming down on the saturday to fcs?

172 Cup

Lmao i wondered why Waitey said next year, but yeh 6th june is its MOT the cars driving my crazy lol.[/FONT]

Thanks dude, are you coming down on the saturday to fcs?

Yeah mate going down on the Saturday just sorting out times and stuff over the next week or so ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Let me know when its coming over for a top up, do you need this starter still mate? It's still here put to one side for you

Yeah mate going down on the Saturday just sorting out times and stuff over the next week or so

Should be a good convoy down looking at the list of whos going.

Your old wheels have come on along way now gaz sandblasted right back & loads of bmw black on & bmw laquer, they look like glass.

any word on the engine?

Picking the block up today Bren after ive had my tyres fitted, then its all getting bolted together later on today & going back were it belongs tomorrow.

Let me know when its coming over for a top up, do you need this starter still mate? It's still here put to one side for you

Yeah still need it doing please mate, & yeh still need the starter ill be going to owens around 5 today if youll be about & ill get it on the way back down? ill txt you.

Cat Cams 438s

871ab2cd.jpg

Fresh 16s :evil:

e2d30676.jpg

7f5705af.jpg

c93a49e2.jpg

182 trackday racer

Hello,

need better brakes for my Clio trackday car , and have few questions.

- Are Calipers standard Clio 197 ones?
- Where did you buy the discs?
- Any chance you can post an image of the brackets used?

Thanks

UPDATE!

What a day on Friday just felt like giving up, got a phone call from the engineering company to say i hadnt left them the crank/block end cap, but that was up at Owens in sunderland 30min drive from middlesbrough picked that up then drove to northallenton to drop it off at CAS Engineering (absolute joke btw would not recommend them at all, there work was good but everything else was s**t, customer service wise) got there with the end cap for them to tell me the Wossner forged rods 'must be wrong' as they were locking the crank out, so i turned the crank over to find the rod was locking out against the bottom of the bore. My heart sank i couldnt believe it, so i rang Owen up who i bought them off (they were brand new just unused) he bought them off a lad & never got round to using them so I bought them to save some money.

I rang paul at rs tuning to see what he thought, he hadnt never came accross this problem before & he had used Wossner rods too, so i think they are for a Williams. So at this point i had two options buy a standard engine to put it to get the car back on the road or buy some more rods, so i asked paul if he had any Cat Cam rods in stock & he did so i drove down to leeds & £500 later picked up the new rods off paul & drove back to the engineering conpany, picked the block up. Then back up to Owens so he could build the engine up. The whole day was just rushing about everywhere & I had lads more other stuff to do, I was just cracking up lol.

Anyway I picked the engine up yesterday afternoon from Owens and here's a few pictures after Owen had fitted the pistons & timing it up.

ef87c576.jpg

7a80bbbc.jpg

923561ea.jpg

c54ba0f3.jpg

Thats where I'm at so far, I'm going out in the garage now to fit all the aux brackets & auxiliaries & charger etc then bolt the gearbox up & give that a coat of silver paint. Then I'll be ready to drop it back in the car.

Quick picture of some different centre caps I'm going to use rather than the original oz ones, they are abit bigger but I've trimmed them down to fit, I just think the chrome diamond breaks the black up abit.

3d409c11.jpg

Hello,

need better brakes for my Clio trackday car , and have few questions.

- Are Calipers standard Clio 197 ones?
- Where did you buy the discs?
- Any chance you can post an image of the brackets used?

Thanks

Yeah standard 197 calipers mate with genuine brembo pads. I got the discs from a company on eBay they are brembo also, 300mm from a Renault scenic. Hopefully I'll be fitting the calipers today so I'll get you a picture.

ITB 428 Ph1

Been watching this build, it's fantastic. I wish I could drop me engine out and clean it up.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I love this progress thread!!!!! Are you going fcs? Or will it not be complete by then? 330-350+ is crazy!!!!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Keep positiv mate.all the hard work and effort will be well worth it when you go for your first drive in the best spec sunflower ever!

Keep positiv mate.all the hard work and effort will be well worth it when you go for your first drive in the best spec sunflower ever!

:eek: Thanks Paul[/FONT]

block looks good built up, can i ask why you went for black on the block?

I just wanted it to look standard but fresh looking. I havnt got for a colour theme so didn't want to do it red for example & have to many colours going on.[/FONT]

You not like answering your phone craig?

Sorry mate been flat out today & then I was out having a late tea with the girlfriend when you rang.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
very nice and good work on the engine mate,
the only reason i asked about the block is i am doing the same shortly and my build uses the same colour palette as yours, however i thought it may be best to go with silver on the block just to show up any problems or issues easier if there was any...

PH1 172 (Track Car)
There are some really good projects on the forum at the mo - and this is up there with the best of them.

Great build, I hope it all comes together successfully.

Ben

Thats one very clean bay!
[/FONT]
I thought exactly the same. Looking good. Can't wait to see it finished

Thanks lads just wish all the wiring & coolant pipes didn't spoil the bay.

[/FONT]
very nice and good work on the engine mate,
the only reason i asked about the block is i am doing the same shortly and my build uses the same colour palette as yours, however i thought it may be best to go with silver on the block just to show up any problems or issues easier if there was any...

Thanks dude, yeah I can see where your coming from doing the block silver to show any problems up, I just wanted the standard look. When's yours back on the road?
[/FONT]

Looks epic!!!

Thanks mate
[/FONT]

Epic build fair play!

Thanks dude
[/FONT]

My favourite car on the site, bar none!

Thanks Gaz :eek:[/FONT]

There are some really good projects on the forum at the mo - and this is up there with the best of them.

Great build, I hope it all comes together successfully.

Ben

Thanks mate its almost there