ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Countryman JCW
Re: Supercharged Sunflower

Lovely car mate, and looking forward to the finished results!

Quick question though, does anyone know the difference in fuel economy on these when forged and running 300+ compared to standard internals around 250-260? Ive heard you struggle to get 10mpg? or is that if youre giving it death everywhere?

Thanks mate.

Its all going to depend on how its mapped & how you drive it really, when Paul mapped mine at 260bhp he did a great job & it was good on fuel i really couldnt complain, id imagine once its 340bhp its going to use alot more lol, ill report back once its finished.

Countryman JCW

Thanks mate.

Its all going to depend on how its mapped & how you drive it really, when Paul mapped mine at 260bhp he did a great job & it was good on fuel i really couldnt complain, id imagine once its 340bhp its going to use alot more lol, ill report back once its finished.

Yeah please do it will be interesting to see the difference...

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Might be a stupid question but...

The 197 pads, are they to go on 197 calipers. Or is it just a good oem upgrade in standard calipers, opposed to standard pads?

2.5bar MAP sensor arrived in the post this morning.

880eb2c2.gif

Also picked the engine brackets up from the powder coaters just need to take some pictures, engine bay is being painted monday too.

Bits back from the powder coaters, dropped a few more bits off today too, subframe to be done silver, ARB/bottom arms in yellow.

f1cf54d0.jpg

da95ba4f.jpg

c425a55d.jpg

Also received my Recaro stickers off Nathan for mt seat bases.

3f5e20a1.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1

Looks great Craig, cant wait to see it back on the road :approve:

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6

Looking awesome dude! Can't wait until this is all Back in one piece, Will be one hell of a car!!

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Looks great Craig, cant wait to see it back on the road :approve:

Thanks mate, hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later, haven't seen yours about for awhile.
[/FONT]

Looking awesome dude! Can't wait until this is all Back in one piece, Will be one hell of a car!!

I hope it's one he'll of a car mate, I'll have to see what yours is like with the LSD fitted & maybe get one for mine if I'm convinced lol.[/FONT]

Loving the powder coated stuff Craig but any news on pistons?

Will pop over sometime when your not working!

Cheers Kirk, I emailed performance unlimited today & they said they will be here next monday, it's put the mapping back abit like but hopefully not by alot fingers crossed, just want it back on the road now. Yeah pop round dude.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

This will look so good!! You will be scared to get it dirty ;)

Also looks a bit like my old iceberg...

IMGP1127.jpg

:cool:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

lol! I'm bad enough after giving it a good clean never mind having it that imacualte! And yeah sold it the start of march :)

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1

this is looking even more stunning than before, hats off to you sir.

now if only i could get spending on mine

This looks incredible Craig great work!

Thanks James.[/FONT]

this is looking even more stunning than before, hats off to you sir.

now if only i could get spending on mine

Still abit more to do with mine yet but it's getting there.

[/FONT]

I did that after it was painted.. for like 2 days lol.

Haha I know that's what I'll be like but due to our rubbish summers it won't last long.

UPDATE!

Pistons have arrived from America to performance unlimited & will be here in the morning along with the Cometic head gasket.

Engine bay is fully painted now, massive thanks to my mate Chris who's done a great job once again.

Also got my hands on a DCi 80 gearbox so might give that a try.

Looks awesome!!!!! You going to the RS national meet?

Yeah I'll be there this year mike, taking it your going?
[/FONT]

Turbo LY R27

Yeah ill be going mate, be good to see your car, looks awesome! Booked myself track time at fcs, cant wait!

Turbo LY R27

We'll have to have a good nose around then mate ;) Hoping to get mine forged late may time if not then and of july. Ive bought 3 sessions, looks an awesome track! When you expecting yours to be done?

We'll have to have a good nose around then mate ;) Hoping to get mine forged late may time if not then and of july. Ive bought 3 sessions, looks an awesome track! When you expecting yours to be done?

Haha sounds good to me :D

Have you got the power bug now lol, I was happy with mine at 260 but I suppose I was bound to want more power in the end. What ecu are you running in yours? It's a really good track I've been round a few times a good few years back when my dad had a 172 great fun & some nice straights. Hopefully mine will be done start to middle of may.

An orange one

Wow some serious attention to detail there! Top work! Some car this! :)

Turbo LY R27

Haha sounds good to me :D

Have you got the power bug now lol, I was happy with mine at 260 but I suppose I was bound to want more power in the end. What ecu are you running in yours? It's a really good track I've been round a few times a good few years back when my dad had a 172 great fun & some nice straights. Hopefully mine will be done start to middle of may.

Awseome! :)

Yeah definatly, the 182 feels gutless now, cant feel the 5k kick at all lol!! Just love the progressive boost, just zaps you out of corners with such vigor. With the extra power and 888's its definatly added some feistiness to the steering, but in a fun way!! ;) I want it at a useable 300-330, need to get myself a diff as well. It looks good, did cadwell and brands a few times this year in the 182 and was amazing! Dread to think how fast the 197 will be! Yours will be a beast when its finished!

Im running a gotech ecu dude, u on standard or ec1 or something?

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6

Progressing very quick now dude!, love it when s plan comes together! Looking sexual, and some top work by hornby!

Grand job lad, there's some serious clios in the NE now :)

NE is becoming the place to be for boosted clios now lol

Wow some serious attention to detail there! Top work! Some car this! :)

Thanks Colin, I wouldn't mind doing my seats like you have really nice touch.

Awseome! :)

Yeah definatly, the 182 feels gutless now, cant feel the 5k kick at all lol!! Just love the progressive boost, just zaps you out of corners with such vigor. With the extra power and 888's its definatly added some feistiness to the steering, but in a fun way!! ;) I want it at a useable 300-330, need to get myself a diff as well. It looks good, did cadwell and brands a few times this year in the 182 and was amazing! Dread to think how fast the 197 will be! Yours will be a beast when its finished!

Im running a gotech ecu dude, u on standard or ec1 or something?

Haha try having to drive a 1.2 Clio with only 75bhp :dead: the girlfriends Wind GT is better though but still isn't supercharged power lol.

Im still deciding on what tyres to go for, 888s in 16s have a 50 side wall so no good for me :( I wouldn't mind a diff either but 1k

Im on standard ecu mate I'd rather spend the money on an LSD, was the gotech pricey?

Progressing very quick now dude!, love it when s plan comes together! Looking sexual, and some top work by hornby!

I know just when I thought nothing was happening lol, great work from Hornby as always, defo needs to do yours.
[/FONT]

Turbo LY R27

Yeah i bet it must be slow lol! Is it 1k?? wow! Through a mate i can get one for 500 direct. Not sure how much it was, it was jamsports development so not had anything to do with that, i dont think it was mental money though. U thought about yoko's? They might do them in your size?

Yeah I'm sure it's about 1k for a 1*2 :( might have to get one through your mate at £500 though ;) I think I'm going to try the federals I've heard a lot of good reports about.