ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Looks like you need to get my pictures up Craig, and the video!

What an epic past few days, countless ups and downs and some crazy late nights but it was worth it!

Albi blue 197
That looks amazing now bud! Just been reading from where I left off last time ! And from other day you've done s**t loads!!

WOW. nice rad btw ;)

Lost for words mate, you've really gone to town on this car

Custom Pro Alloy job :cool: I went past the point of no return so thought f**k it I'm going all out lol.

Stunning! Some effort there fairplay :). Please more pics, and a vid of how it sounds etc

Thanks mate, I'll get more pics up & make some videos I've got one of its first start just need to upload it to YouTube. There a couple of it on YouTube now though from when it was stage 1.

Looks like you need to get my pictures up Craig, and the video!

What an epic past few days, countless ups and downs and some crazy late nights but it was worth it!

Haha I'll get more of your pics up mate, massive help from you over the last few days :approve:

That looks amazing now bud! Just been reading from where I left off last time ! And from other day you've done s**t loads!!

Plenty has been done since you were last round Ben ;)

Build looks great, are you able to post an image showing the airfilter location as well :)

ill get you a picture mate, but it's just a flat ITG thats straight off the charger, Ill try & route it further to the gearbox side in the future.

wowser! Needs a new coolant bottle though!! ;)

A new one is on order ;) just waiting for it to turn up.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
very nice mate, good that it started first time too, fair play to you.
mine won't be on the road for a fair while, not helped that i am 100+ miles away from it now either

very nice mate, good that it started first time too, fair play to you.
mine won't be on the road for a fair while, not helped that i am 100+ miles away from it now either

Thanks Neil, that's not good you just going to try get as much done as possible everytime your with the car? Good to see your sticking at the project though & finishing it.

Woah, awesome progress, Craig!

Glad it starte up first time too :)

Thanks dude its getting there.

WOWZER, looking good bud.

Cheers mate

Havnt updated the thread in a couple of days been so busy, anyway took the car for its MOT on Wednesday & it's failed on my private plate being spaced incorrectly so got a new set made up to sort that problem & the headlights wouldn't adjust that turned out just t be the adjusters wernt sat in the knuckle joint (my fault lol) so another easy fix, taxed the car & it's back on the road.

However yesterday the car started running rough so I checked everything over & traced the fault to a dodgy lambda sensor so fitted a spare one that a friend had & it's fine again :-D

Thats it for now just going to put some more miles on before mapping & enjoy driving it.

Ohh & the new coolant bottle turned up. Just for you Stu ;-)

7e42e373.jpg

Update

Car won't be attending FCS this weekend :(

Ran the new forged engine in for 500mile & as promised Paul fitted me in for mapping today even though he is mega busy. Anyway running the car up putting the new map on & the charger decides to give up & it looks like the seals have gone, no damage to the new engine just the charger. Will be coming off tomorrow & sending it away to Rotrex so it's in their hands.
Gutted it won't be at FCS but it's just one of them things with modifying cars s**t happens. I'm still attending the show just going to jump in kris's 197 turbo. Speccy was trying to get me to go turbo but it's just not happening I love the supercharger too much & it's good to be different.

Craig

7183605c.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Bad luck mate, its always the same when you're taking on a big project, something always ends up biting you on the arse when you least expect it.

Did you get a power figure before the charger let go?

Qashcow
yea this happened to Adey too, his had done about 15k miles i think, all harddddd use. the repair cost from rotrex was what made adey decide to strip his sadly

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fingers crossed Rotrex can help you out as I know they describe their chargers as not suitable for aftermarket rebuilds.

Well as much as I'm gutted my car didn't make it to FCS I spoke to Davy Lewis of Performance French Cars while I was there & soon as I get a new charger sorted he's going to do a mag feature on it so I'm over the moon with that as that was my aim.