ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sprayed grilles and fitted Xenons

The grilles was really letting my car down (especially the upper one). I needed to take my bumper off to fit my new lights so though I might as well kill two birds with one stone. I can't take credit for the spraying though as my friend did it, and also did my other friends Zetec S plastics. Hopefully I will get some better photos today once I have cleaned my car.

Big thanks to MicKPM for picking the lights up from Shwebb for me and delivering them in one piece!!

Before

12559987313_ab580e2701_b.jpg

IMG_00001298 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

12560338214_2ca375269e_b.jpg

IMG_20140215_132747 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

12559981803_a512f359e3_b.jpg

IMG_20140215_132332 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

12559970753_952a9f6330_b.jpg

IMG_20140215_154155 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

12559865985_d16bb23bd0_b.jpg

IMG_20140215_203655 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

Much better IMO!

looks much better. Have to do mine in the summer :)

Thanks, yeah it really is worth it, improves the front end so much!

Looking good Tom :cool:

Pat

Cheers Pat!

Looks much better with the black grills, will have to put it on my to do list :)

Cheers

There's just something about xenons that I love!

Looks awesome :)

Same, soon as I got my Cup it was the first thing I wanted to do, but only just got around to doing it!

That's a massive improvement !

Thanks mate

Looks good, but why didn't you just undo the bolts under the car rather than tipping the bumper forward?

Cheers.

Bumper was fully off (in the end). One of the screws that holds the bumper and arch liner together where the splitter is had previously been rounded off. So took me ages to get the bumper off. Managed to snap a drill bit inside the screw while attempting to drill it out. Luckily my dad turned up with a brand new pair of grips that sorted it out.

However I'm inpatient and wanted to see how the Xenons looked so I swapped one over with the bumper in that position!

Looks great, new lights might such a difference!

They do! I'm no longer driving with candles!

Grey inserts? ;)

The grill looks miles better mate. Are you doing the lower one too or is that okay? Or fog surrounds?

Spraying the splitter is a good shout as well!

Yes ;) Gave up with getting a black set. These are in brill condition too! From ash (the person with the Trophy) we met at DynoDaze.

The lower and fogs have been done too, just didn't get a photo of them being painted.

Yep I'll get that done soon, just cleaned my seat belts too. Look miles better, photos soon!

Yes ;) Gave up with getting a black set. These are in brill condition too! From ash (the person with the Trophy) we met at DynoDaze.

The lower and fogs have been done too, just didn't get a photo of them being painted.

Yep I'll get that done soon, just cleaned my seat belts too. Look miles better, photos soon!

Haha that's what I did. Couldn't say no when a grey set came up :p Yeah I remember the Trophy.

Ooh nice, can't wait to see it in person. I bet the photos don't do it justice. Have you lacquered over the top of them?

I wanted to paint mine but was worried about stone chips! Yeah I've seen the seatbelts, they look brand new! Mine are brown lmao!

Looks decent but I preferred the look of the grilles before (though I think I may be alone with that one!).

Huge difference!

Painting grilles (& don't forget rear bumper insert & exhaust surrounds!) is definitely the best thing I've done £ for £ :)

Haha that's what I did. Couldn't say no when a grey set came up :p Yeah I remember the Trophy.

Ooh nice, can't wait to see it in person. I bet the photos don't do it justice. Have you lacquered over the top of them?

I wanted to paint mine but was worried about stone chips! Yeah I've seen the seatbelts, they look brand new! Mine are brown lmao!

Not lacquered them! I'm worried about stone chips but there's a few layers of paint so it should be okay, if not I'lll just respray them! So much better aren't they! Just follow Austin's guide I linked in the other thread. Works brilliantly!

nice work matey :)

Thanks Ben!

I need to pop round and pick that shaver up soon! Did you get chance to do your seats?

Looks decent but I preferred the look of the grilles before (though I think I may be alone with that one!).

Thanks, I think you will be alone with that. The first picture really doesn't show how bad the top grille was before, it was awful! The people that have seen my car in person know how bad it was though!

Huge difference!

Painting grilles (& don't forget rear bumper insert & exhaust surrounds!) is definitely the best thing I've done £ for £ :)

Cheers, that's my next thing I need to do! Is it easy to get the exhaust surrounds off?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Best thing that you can do to the front end, grilles look superb even matte, satin black works! They look so faded in grey.

Thanks, I think you will be alone with that. The first picture really doesn't show how bad the top grille was before, it was awful! The people that have seen my car in person know how bad it was though!
It has improved it greatly but I am a fan of the original 'grey' look :)

Monaco
See "Sprayed grilles" in the title and brace for disaster.
See that they are being sprayed black :clap:.

You had me worried.

Best thing that you can do to the front end, grilles look superb even matte, satin black works! They look so faded in grey.

I couldn't stand grey any longer!

yes mate, well done one!lol! passenger came up a treat, will attack the drivers asap so you can grab the thing back :)

Haha ok no worries!

It has improved it greatly but I am a fan of the original 'grey' look :)

Fair enough mate :)

I've just sold my RS grill because it was painted and wanted it OE.. unsure now lol ....

Haha! Mine still looks kinda oe as I masked over the stickers on the top of the grill, then just peeled it off afterwards

Is it an easy swap?
Just the headlights alone required?

It's a bumper off job but it's easy enough. Yeah just the headlights nothing else is required. If you buy a set collect them, don't have a set posted as they will most likely get broken in transit!

See "Sprayed grilles" in the title and brace for disaster.
See that they are being sprayed black :clap:.

You had me worried.

Haha ;)