ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

selling price for my 197

Hi all,

Hope some of you can help...

Due to a change in circumstances i am possibly looking to sell my 197 *sobs*. The trouble im having is there seems to be quite a range in price when searching autotrader, pistonheads and others. So, thought i would ask the best audience for an idea.

Quick details as follows:

2007 07 Reg - Full fat UK car
Nimbus Silver
Nearly 14K miles
Serviced at 12K @ Renault main dealer
Options - Xenon lights, climate control, factory MP3 stereo

Thanks - Mark

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Why:S

Manual, 12,000 miles, Deep Black, 3 Doors, Manual,PETROL, 12,000 miles,Frsh. Deep Black, 17" alloy wheels,Air-conditioning,Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with EBD,Body coloured door mirrors,Cruise control,Climate Control.Hazard awarness device on board. Dedicated cornering lights, zenon Double optic headlamps,Driver and front passenger airbags,Electric heated door mirrors,Electronic Stability Programme,Front fog lamps,x4 Front and rear lateral airbags,Hands free card,Headlamp jet washers,Height adjustable steering wheel,Insurance approved (Category 1) alarm system,Insurance approved engine immobiliser,R.A.I.D. (Renault Anti-Intrusion Device),Remote control central door locking,key less entry.Engine start button.Single CD player,mp3.Steering Controls.Variable power-assisted steering,Xenon headlamps,Drilled aluminium pedals,brambo brakes.On Board Computer .Electric Folding heated door mirrors,Height adjustable driver's seat,Sport seats.Speed limiter, Good tyres, Long Tax and Mot. drives faultless, Immaculate condition inside out. 1 lady owner from new.Hpi clear. Any inspection welcome. Genuine reason for sale, private plate.Please No time waisters. £9,800. ono

more....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Why:S

Manual, 12,000 miles, Deep Black, 3 Doors, Manual,PETROL, 12,000 miles,Frsh. Deep Black, 17" alloy wheels,Air-conditioning,Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with EBD,Body coloured door mirrors,Cruise control,Climate Control.Hazard awarness device on board. Dedicated cornering lights, zenon Double optic headlamps,Driver and front passenger airbags,Electric heated door mirrors,Electronic Stability Programme,Front fog lamps,x4 Front and rear lateral airbags,Hands free card,Headlamp jet washers,Height adjustable steering wheel,Insurance approved (Category 1) alarm system,Insurance approved engine immobiliser,R.A.I.D. (Renault Anti-Intrusion Device),Remote control central door locking,key less entry.Engine start button.Single CD player,mp3.Steering Controls.Variable power-assisted steering,Xenon headlamps,Drilled aluminium pedals,brambo brakes.On Board Computer .Electric Folding heated door mirrors,Height adjustable driver's seat,Sport seats.Speed limiter, Good tyres, Long Tax and Mot. drives faultless, Immaculate condition inside out. 1 lady owner from new.Hpi clear. Any inspection welcome. Genuine reason for sale, private plate.Please No time waisters. £9,800. ono

more....

hmm ok perhaps the values have plummeted big time then, i just thought well spec'd ones still commanded 12k or so, its only a year old!!

oh well

Nice spec on that and Nimbus is a great colour, I was looking at 197's today actually, I reckon just £11.5K private. There was an early 56plater floating around for £10k not so long back but it was poverty spec in terms of options and was also nearer 20k iirc.

Clio 182.
Ill swap you for a FF182 with a broken catch and a mystery rattle in Artic Blue. You arent gonna get a better deal than that mate.

£9800 - Oh another amazing Cliosport trade expert. I think Trophies are going for £3.50 these days...

Your car is worth at least 11k don't take any less.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i do chuckle at some of the valuations at times.

dynamique diesels are worth more than 172s based on some valuations on here

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I'd be looking for at least £11k on that mate to be honest. Ok, there are some out there for less, even one for £9.2k ffs! But they're very early 06ers with more miles, that £9.8k black one does sound a bargain, but IMHO Nimbus might help you as well when people see it 'in the flesh' :)

Dan

1st year deprecation is harsh on most cars - the 197, 182, 172 etc. are / were no different.

Over time, they plateau and you can expect about 50% returned from a private sale at 3 years, which is actually very good!

Ad

MK2 FRS
what people dont graps on here is the difference between trade, private and retail prices.

11k I'd say is bob on what to expect. Id stick it up a 11.5k to start with.

White 197
I think £11k is about right. Sadly as I know to my cost options mean didly squat come sale time in terms of the price you will get. From my personal experience, they just make the car more attractive to the purchaser when looking at a selection of cars.

Our basic 197 import in February with 8k on the clock had dealer bids ranging from £9,000 to £10,500. In the end it went for £9,500 because we chose another clio. We only paid £12,995 in the first place, so we didn't find the bids that bad.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
if its below 10k then that is a shocker. 11k all the way minimum. Iv seen dci 106s dearer than that on an 07 plater!!

it doesn't really help when dealers are chucking out brand new 197 cups at £12.5K

and ppl wonder why renault residuals are shot to buggery.

i'd go for about 11k on that car and spec.