ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Price For New 197

What's the cheapest price out there at the moment, I've found £14418 OTR,

Cost Options are as follows:

4 x 15W RDS Radio Single CD MP3 compatible player with 4 Speakers, 2 Tweeters and Fingertip Remote Controls £125
4 x 15W RDS Radio Single CD with 4 Speakers, 2 Tweeters and Fingertip Remote Controls £100
4 x 40W Cabasse RDS Radio with Front Loading Dashboard Mounted 6 CD Changer £350
Automatic Lights and Windscreen Wipers £150
Climate Control £275
Dedicated Cornering Lights with Sports Headlamps £150
Double Distance Xenon Headlamps and Headlamp Wash (includes Dedicated Cornering Lights with black headlamp surrounds) £500
Electric Panoramic Sunroof with Blind £600
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors £100
Extra Tinted Rear Windows £200
Metallic Paint £360
Pre-telephone Equipment £100
Tyre Pressure Monitor £250

Ouch

J

jamesy

whilst we are on the subject how many people here if they had the money would actually go out and buy the new 197??? honest answers please;)

J

jamesy

V6 a men to that second hand of course but id have to get a 255 and your right it does look like a micra its too fooking BIG clio's are suppose to be hot lil hatches not quick fairly small cars with room for a wheel chair and stupid things like shopping in the back and the other day i see an old man driving a blue one he must of been 60 that did it for me:eek:

jamesy said:
whilst we are on the subject how many people here if they had the money would actually go out and buy the new 197??? honest answers please;)
I woulnd't buy one as I need to say the money but if I was buying a new car and wanted a new car etc I'd get one no problem.

I do have the cash available now, but I have decided I am still having too much fun in the 182. I dont fancy a change at the moment, but if I did, the 197 would be on the shortlist next to a 225FF with Cup suspension.

can't believe you have to pay for those extras..... most of them was free on the 182 ;)

If I had the money for a 197, I wouldn't buy one. I'd wait for the cup/trophy version to see if it's worth the extra money?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Jay said:
If I had the money for a 197, I wouldn't buy one. I'd wait for the cup/trophy version to see if it's worth the extra money?

agreed......
got to be a cup version or just cup suspension available, etc.

Monaro VXR
Would rather get something else few grand more on top of that £14k and you can get a mustang the clio might take it in the twisties but i know which id rather be in. That and the fact i could sell it for more than i bought it for since V6 models seem to be going for over £20k and you can get the V8's for around £17k now including shipping etc and they sell new with no extras for £27k here.

Otherwise id look at a Vee jap cars just dont interest me at all.

i only got the 182 over the civic because it came with all the extras. don't care what people say about that. that's also why i wouldn't consider the cup (i'm a good driver. just not good enough to notice a tiny weight saving - which is normally lost due to passengers/junk in boot [sorry, off topic])

i'll be getting a golf or focus next, or maybe new civic when i get chance to have a go

A Beautiful R32
You could get a very decent 225 for 14K as well... not to mention a CTR, or a very good scooby, jap import, or whatever... 14K is good shopping money ;)

Edit: So in other words sod the 197... until they cup it, turbo it or V6 it...

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
At 1250 kg it has moved up to be too big and is competing with bigger cars now. Given that - IMO it loses it's appeal as a 'lightweight little hothatch' and even with cut price imports, I'd rather spend £14600 on an imported Ford Focus ST than a 197.....