ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out with the old in with the new :D

Clio 197
Hello, i joined cliosport back when i got my 172 but was always more of a browser than a poster so i thought i'd reintroduce myself :) Well i'm Kerry, i'm 20 years old and live in northamptonshire.

So after a good few months looking for the right car i finally managed to find one... I had a budget of £7k and was looking at all sorts of hot hatchs and a few saloons. I wanted something that was fairly comfortable, under insurance group 16, fairly nippy, and something that was better than my previous car (clio 172)... I have owned 9 previous cars and alot of them didn't last too long before they broke on me. My 172 has been my most reliable car, so i decided to stay french and had my heart set on a clio 197. I'm very picky with my car's so i set a list of the extra's it must come with! My list included: It must be albi blue, climate control, black headlights (projectors), cup spoiler, under 40k miles, 07 plate plus, very good condition, full service history, as much mot as possible, would be nice with recaro's but i wasn't too bothered as the standard seats are lovely too. After searching pistonheads, gumtree, autotrader, clio197.net etc, i had no luck, seemed impossible with my budget!! Then last week an advert came up with the perfect car for £7200... I e-mailed him asking more questions about the car and eventually got him down £500 on the price (I paid on inspection after delivery, the seller agreed that if it wasn't to the standard he told me it was then i was free to send it back). The car was 9 and a half hours away in aberdeenshire, but the previous owner said he could pay for it to be sent down, PERFECT!

Well after a week on waiting for the car to be delivered it finally arrived the last week of august! Had a look over it and the only fault it had was a dead battery in one of the key cards (now changed and working).

So the car has everything i wanted from one at a bargin price, 30k miles, full service history, serviced 250 miles ago, MOT'd 2 weeks before i got it, and has no faults that i have noticed just yet, really chuffed with it, what'd you guys think?

Sorry for the essay

My old car:
IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

just before i sold it:
IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

My new car:

When it was delivered
313763_10150272009626364_541791363_8090270_695135646_n.jpg

312263_10150272009071364_541791363_8090261_300492826_n.jpg

The day i got it
IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

Todays pics (first detail)

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Got quite a few plans for it, but knowing me they will change dramatically. Overall very pleased with it, in a different league to the 172 although i was sad to see it go!

A few pics of them both:

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

Clio 197
My boyfriend has just got me a Ktec exhaust for my 21st birthday present (wee bit early, but im not complaining). Sounds great!! i'll get some pics and videos up soon.. Pops lovely :D

That looks awesome, don't think I've seen an albi with a cup spoiler before, looks good.

Where abouts in Northamptonshire are you? Seems to be a lot of new local members around the area!

Clio 197
Thanks guys after driving it for 2 months now, it really is a brilliant car and to think i was going to get a focus st :/ glad i didn't now :D

I live in Corby, are you from northamptonshire?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Albi is stunning on the 197, even better in the flesh.

Clio 197
Thanks gally, i had my heart set on albi blue :) She (Poppy) was worth the wait lol

I'm going to try to attend some more now my jobs changed and im not working 16 hours a day :/