ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PX offered, 197 for mk1 V6, advice needed

clio v6 no.430
In 2 years / 5 years / 10 years time the vee will be worth a hell of alot more than the 197 if you can some how keep it then you'd be alot better off!

A

ashy_gtt

why dont you chop the 182 in for something more practical? ie a deisel and keep the vee. As in a year or two the vee wont depreciate that much where as the 197 will loose loads!

The wifes using the 182 now and she loves it so cant see that happening!!

I don't see ph1 vee prices holding up as well as ph2's. If I was in the market for a vee, I wouldn't even consider a ph1.

Mk1 prices have been about 5k lower than MK2 prices for a few years now. Surely thats worth considering one for? If you have driven them both you soon learn theres not a huge amount different in the two.

If anything, Mk1's will be worth more in the future. History time and time again proves this.

I think 10.5k for an illiad Mk1 is bargin.

I say hold out (if you can) for a seller or a more sensible trade. i wouldnt swap mine for a 197 unless they were offering at least 5-6 grand my way.

If I were in your position and wanted to swap, i'd do it - i'd deffo want a fair whack my though (as said the figure of 1k sounds about right)

I can not see why it has not sold, there are silver mk1's on ph still selling for over 10k.

Imo there is real world pricing and then CS pricing, folk on here have been pushing prices down to the ground long before the 'credit crunch' Granted it is a buyers market now, but if someone wants the rarity they will pay a bit for it (the LY mk2 that folk said was over priced etc, got it's asking price)

This is a phase 1 Illiad though - Different Kettle of Fish!!!
I agree that as it's blue it will carrry a premium, i'd want more than the cost of a silver one for mine tbh.
A ph1 in silver is around £2-3k less than you want for your blue one, not saying your car isnt worth what you're asking but I think you'll really struggle to get it, especially as a ph2 can now be had for not much more. It might be worth doing the deal just to move on the 197. Ask a Renault dealer what they'd give you for the 197 against a meggy, probably more than the vee imo

Any dealer will offer rock bottom for a vee, not just renault. Imo his price is bang on. There is no way at all that silver mk1's are going for so little, to say that he's asking a good 2-3k more than a silver car is madness, he isn't at all.

All valid points, I appreciate the input its good to get other peoples opinions. :)

I know the prices of Vee's have dropped through the floor and some Mk2's are coming down to where Mk1's used to be. However there will be some dogs around and also the Mk2's will be due cambeilt & Waterpump changes shortly which needs to be considered as mine cost £1256.00 last year!

Exactly, early mk2 cars need their belts doing ! Ok you can get one for 13k now (or so) but the chances are it'll need 1 -1.5k spending on it (thus making it 14.5k) which tbh is only about £500 cheaper than they were a while ago.

Mk1 prices have been about 5k lower than MK2 prices for a few years now. Surely thats worth considering one for? If you have driven them both you soon learn theres not a huge amount different in the two.

If anything, Mk1's will be worth more in the future. History time and time again proves this.

I can't add anythnig to that bit tbh.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Any dealer will offer rock bottom for a vee, not just renault. Imo his price is bang on. There is no way at all that silver mk1's are going for so little, to say that he's asking a good 2-3k more than a silver car is madness, he isn't at all.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/768820.htm sold for probably £8k seeing as it was advertised for £8.5k.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/792001.htm higher mileage yeah, but still £3k less.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/704412.htm also a rare colour, and supercharged for £8.5k

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/728902.htm and a ph2 from a known member, which would probably come for £12k, and if need be you could sell the seats to pay for a cam belt.

But as I said earlier in the thread I'm not trying to knock his car or the price, I know you get what you pay for, and I'd love his car, it's just how things are at the moment.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
oh, I'm a member but dont go on there much now so wasn't aware, it's a shame he spent all that money devaluing it tbh

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/768820.htm sold for probably £8k seeing as it was advertised for £8.5k.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/792001.htm higher mileage yeah, but still £3k less.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/704412.htm also a rare colour, and supercharged for £8.5k

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/728902.htm and a ph2 from a known member, which would probably come for £12k, and if need be you could sell the seats to pay for a cam belt.

But as I said earlier in the thread I'm not trying to knock his car or the price, I know you get what you pay for, and I'd love his car, it's just how things are at the moment.

Imagine what they are like though ! (my guess is not the best) I could have got one for 10k two years ago (well before this credit crunch) instead I paid more for the right example (one which the first person round to view would buy) plus anyone who has seen it can vouch for it.
Basically what i'm saying is that those are at the lower end of the market - how about the one that was up for 10.5k ?? That's sold, the dude probs took 10k for it.

Also as said that red one's on here, there is a thread about it, with a bit tidying up etc & some better pics, that would sell.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I thought the red one looked pretty mint, if it was me I'd put it back to standard though rather than trying to sell it with that supercharger on. What about the £12k ph2? isn't that a good one?

v6
That red one is a bit poor tbh it doesnt take alot of digging up to find out its history. Having looked I noticed silver ph1's were ten a penny, also im sure lot of these cars mentioned above going cheap have changed hands a few times during my search. Rarer colours are always going to be worth more aswell as well kept models. So... Rare colour and well kept I would suggest your price is spot on. Needs more than 500 to swing that deal I would say. Also once the miles start to creep up the value drops off.

I thought the red one looked pretty mint, if it was me I'd put it back to standard though rather than trying to sell it with that supercharger on. What about the £12k ph2? isn't that a good one?
Sorry I forgot to say about that car, it does look good tbh, no mention of the cambelt though (if I was him i'd mention if it had had it done) if it has'nt again 1k to 1.5k on top.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
yeah like I said sell the seats to pay toward the cam belt and its still a cheap ph2.

A

ashy_gtt

Thanks for all your replies, some valid points raised on this thread :)

I have decided not to go for the swap, I suppose that its not exactly what i want and also I think that the Vee will hold its value better than the 197, if you look at the prices of 2nd hand 172's and 182's now they are starting to get really cheap, and the 197 will eventually follow, plus this 197 isn't the best model, I would expect in a few years the F1's will be more sought after. I think that at least with the Vee's they are always going to hold there value (well good ones will, theres reasons why some are so cheap) mainly becasue of the rarity of them but also becasue as time goes by it will be harder to find good ones.

Someone made the comment that they are starting to look a bit dated. Fair comment but I'm not sure what that has to do with the value, look at the values of the E30 M3, a god one will cost you a lot more than the E36 M3.

The deciding factor tho is the performance of the 197, although I've never driven one I have used the 182 everyday for a month or so and to be honest they are pretty gutless. I assume the 197 will be pretty similar?

I say hold out (if you can) for a seller or a more sensible trade. i wouldnt swap mine for a 197 unless they were offering at least 5-6 grand my way.

Nothing like a biased v6 owners opinion. lol

of course its biased, but its also true! ;-)

as cat171 mentioned, its all about condition.

some mk1s are over 7 years old now, some have 10+ owners and havent been cared for properly through out there whole history so are selling for less.

a silver mk1 vee was up for 19K a few months back with under 2k on the clock and that sold. A good one, commands a high premium.

A bit like glenns LY mk2 that you lot all commented on how over priced it was…..

the silver mk2 for 12300 on PH is a total bargin due to a desperate seller (hes travelling and doesnt want his mrs to get her hands on it). Its a V6clio.net owners car and has been well looked after. It will however need the cambelt doing this year, so really your looking at a 14k car.