ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

80MPG BEEZA
you can buy an electrostatic device for flocking for around £300 then the flock and glue is uber cheap would be worthwhile if your doing alot then do bits n bobs for people

speed up time damn you!! looking great as always ben, now i have my wknds back i will have to come and see the thing in real life.

jamie

1.8 8v RSi
yer ive had a few emails from max power, redline etc. but im not a fan of there mags.

i would like to get it into PFC, and top gear (the tv show, not the mag) ;)
if i were u i wud accept max power/redline ect......cause it shows you don't have to have a big bodykit n wheels to make a good car.....don't know if u ever red a recent one but the moddifying world is growing up...
not everyone is concentraiting on bodykits now. they're even saying stuff like "you should build a car the way you want it, not for how everyone else wants it"

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
there still chav though, i dont want some pig face hairy bint with her toe ticklers out on my bonnet LOL

1.8 8v RSi
just think though, you could change the world and make chavs dress sensibly and not be annoying lil f**ks outside ur local co-op lol...(ok maybe that was a lil optimistic)
and as for the female over the bonnet... tell em you don't want one lol....not every feature car has a.....no wait....
oh what you worrying about you got the money to buy some t-cut lol

clio 200 F4Rt
Redline magazine is actually a decent read these days. Performance orientated nowadays!

Max Power can GTF tho!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
really coming along know can't wait to see it finished

Me too cant wait to see it on the road... it WILL be the QUICKEST clio out there!!

Ben at Angelworks really is going to play a part in a very special car!!

:)

Me too cant wait to see it on the road... it WILL be the QUICKEST clio out there!!
Not wishing to put his car down but there are Clios with more power and quicker just dpendds where your definitian of Clio extends to.

There at least one Clio with well over this much power then there the V6 turbo MikeT owners.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
No, i mean as Actually Clio engine edde. As in the RS 2.0 block.

Is there any out there with more power, I suppose we need to wait and see what this puts out.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Will be interesting to see what its eventually putting out. May gain the title of highest outputting RS 2.0 lump!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Just done my catch up read :) Impressive as ever. You got some skills there!

Dan

Ad

MK2 FRS
evidence will be required edde...

not the usual CS bullshit along the lines of my mates dads friend in slovenia managed 600bhp.

evidence will be required edde...

not the usual CS bulls**t along the lines of my mates dads friend in slovenia managed 600bhp.

Was a while back off another forum it wasn't as far as I could tell bull since the list of bits it had etc was extreme and they seems quite good it was a tunnng compnay offering the conversions.

R35 GTR
I am waiting for the head to pop out the bonnet when you go for the big power....;)

Good read anyhow, I'll be getting my slow ass turbo back soon.

Will be interesting to see what its eventually putting out. May gain the title of highest outputting RS 2.0 lump!

600Hp was the highest I've heard of.

Was that the twin turbo plus single supercharger one?

I think when they added NOS to it they got another 200HP.

800HP!

Oh and when they turned the boost up on there big turbo I think they gained another 150HP.

950HP!

Oh yeah forgot to mention that was at the wheels, none of this at the fly crap. Probably more like 1100HP!

:clown: just because someone posts it on a forum dont make it true :clown:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i think with enough nos it will hit 500hp ( benR said he was unsure what power the head would blow off the bottom end, but over 500hp is not gona be fun)

without the nos. id be happy if it makes 400hp, the new charger is HUGE, and the spec list is as long as any

only time will tell

im gona do some updates now.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
So I have to get the dash to surrey-flocking by Tuesday (no pressure lol), stuff left to do is;

Make the brackets to hold both sides together
Make the brackets to support the clocks
Cut out the hole for the clocks
Cut out the centre section for the radio, vents etc, then secure it
Cut out the slot for the windscreen de-mist
Cut out the holes for the boost, oil temp, oil pressure gauges
Fill-in any chips etc
Make the new brackets and fixing points so a can actually mount the bloody thing!

So first of all I started on the radio and vent cut-out, I had already taken the main chunk out with the cutting blade, but to finish it off I had to use the grinding stone...which took forever. Once the rest of it had gone, used the hand file to remove and lumps, sharp edges etc.

IMG_9885.jpg

To secure the vent/radio plate to the dash I was originally going to just screw it together, but I wana keep the dash as slick as possible, so did a search on good bonding agent and chose tiger seal (well they ran out of tiger seal, but this stuff is basically the same..you can hang off it in about 20mins LOL, to hold the surround while the bond goes off I’m going to screw it in place. Then once dried I will remove the screws and fill and flat the holes. :D so I used a wide head self tapper, and predrilled both the dash and insert ready.

IMG_9886.jpg

Quick snap of the bonding ( I bought three, as I’m going to be bonding the rear glass in with it too :D )

IMG_9884.jpg

With the vent whole sorted I moved onto the clocks, this wasn’t going to be fun. Due to the shape of the dash I couldn’t get the dremmel into the right place (only the bottom cut could be reached) So it was a case of cut what you can then grind the rest down with the stone, after a good two hours of sanding etc I finished off with the hand file. :D :D

IMG_9887.jpg

One from above showing both holes cut out and ready to go :D

IMG_9888.jpg

Now I needed to make these two bolt together but still be removable etc..

IMG_9899.jpg

I decided to use steel plates and nylock nuts..so popped to B&Q to pick them up.

IMG_9889.jpg

As the both pieces of the dash will have to be assembled whilst it is fitted behind the bars, getting under to hold the nuts in place would be ...fun, id have to get a spanner in there to hold the nylock nut. (if I use normal bolts with the vibrations there’s a good chance after a while the dash will come loose! ) So I decided to tack the nuts to the plate, so one side could be pre-bolted up and then this would hold the bolts in the right place when I fit the second piece.

The holes on the steel plate were m4 and the nylocks were m8, so I popped the plate in the vice, then using the power drill and the new co-bolt bits I had bought...I bored the holes to 9mm (a little extra just in case)

IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9902.jpg

I then grinded off all the paint ready to weld the nuts to the steel.

IMG_9907.jpg

Then carefully one by one I lined up the nut in the centre of the hole, secured it with some grips, double checked the hole.. then welded them in place one by one. I kept the heat down so not to melt the nylock inserts....too much ;)

IMG_9905.jpg

IMG_9908.jpg

Half way through the first plate..

IMG_9909.jpg

First plate done, gave it two coats of black hammerite to stop it rusting and also if it was ever to be seen through the gap, I wanted it to be black.

IMG_9910.jpg

I then did the same on a second plate, then chopped the plates in half. Giving my 4 brackets. Turns out I only need 3.. ahh well.

IMG_9900.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

Then I lined the first plate up over dash, using the cordless drill with 4 mm bit, I pre-drilled the centre of each nut, then removed the plate and bored the hole to 9mm (giving a bit of adjustment)

IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg

Copied the process on the second mounting point, just one to go now but I ran out of time. Obviously the bolts used their won’t be the final ones, I have ordered some flat head allen key bolts which I am having anodised in black.

IMG_9913.jpg

But even with the two mounts its very strong and hold the dash in the perfect place :D

IMG_9914.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Surely the bolts cause a saftey issue? In an accident a passenger could hit the heads of them.

Just realised the terrible wording of my first post. But you get what I mean.. i hope!

na, as said there not the final bolts, im having fush bolts made.

plus the passenger would never get near the dash, the seats are too far back and there held in by 6 point race harness ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
welding nylocks? were you dropped on your head as a child?

meh, it worked. they didnt melt! like i said i turned the power down! you big gay!

from now on.. your not allowed to comment on my welding skills/unskills