ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Due to the amount of dust in the garage, I want to get the inside of the car closed off, I’m still waiting on my rear glass but the boot and bumper etc would be a nice start!

I have chosen to go for a psh2 rear end as I prefer it to the psh1 (just the back, the front in no contest!)

So on my shopping list was....

Psh2 172 rear bumper in peal black
Psh2 boot in peal black
Psh2 lights and holders
Cup spoiler

After a bit of hunting I bought the bumper from a member on here, the rear lights from a member, the boot was from a local breakers yard! I still need to get a lock as that was already gone along with the wiper which I had to swap off my old one....and finally the cup spoiler I bought from Renault and had it sprayed.
So with all the parts now in the garage, I started to fit them. Starting with the bumper.

30 mins later and a lot of messing it was on, I wanted to keep the psh2 - two bolts to secure it! rather than drill 4 more to fit it to the original psh1 mounts. I used a hex bolt, drilled the slam panel, and secured with a m6 nut :D

kjhjklhk067.jpg

Next up was to fit the psh2 lights, altered the connection blocks to suit psh2, then fitted the holders with the new covers :D

IVE LOST THE PIC OF THESE :(

The breakers yard had just cut the old loom in the boot, which meant I had to pull all the scraps of wire out one by one then using welding wire, pull my loom into the boot frame...which took forever. Never again. I think fitted my lock mech, the rear wiper motor, cover and arm.

We then lined up the boot to the mounts, dropped a spot of lock tight sealant on the holes (to replace the old Renault gunk) and bolted the boot to the car.

Now all we had to do was to attach the gas struts to the side :D

To finish the rear end off was to fit the new cup spoiler and brake light!

I need to buy the washer jet from Renault,

The spoiler was on in 10 mins, for the brake light connection I took the original clip, chopped it down with some snips. After 10 mins of chopping the two spade connectors came loose! With these out I just pushed the spades onto the connection and pressed the light into the spoiler!

kjhjklhk104.jpg

kjhjklhk103.jpg

kjhjklhk102.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
As I’m going for manual wipers.. the hunt was on for a pair! All the second hand ones were either scratched, had smashed glass or were too far away. So in the end I ended up buying two new ones. Got them home and fitted them to the car...I need to spray the base plates as for some reason mine don’t fit L I think it’s because these are fro 01 > and mine is a psh1.

Never mind, I will have the base plates I got with the new mirrors sprayed in no time :D

kjhjklhk107.jpg

kjhjklhk108.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Back to the dreaded dash!

Which is finally sorted!

Was contacted by a member last week who had laid his hands on a chopped down fibre glass dash.... a copy of a psh1 172 one too! :D :D

So I drove 120 miles to collect it! Was made up, the quality is great and it’s a perfect replica! It had a few tiny chips on it but as I’m modifying a bit.. it wouldn’t be a problem..plus the final product will be flocked :D

Here is how the dash started

kjhjklhk070.jpg

kjhjklhk071.jpg

kjhjklhk072.jpg

We got 40% of the work done by the end of the day. The biggest problems I have with the dash is that the front hoop fouls the dash, I wanted to keep the cut-outs as neat and as small as possible (just the size of the bars), didn’t want to just chop the sides off and slide the dash on leaving gaps either side.

So to do this the dash had to cut in two pieces, chose the right place to chop it..then bob went for the kill... I was shaking like a shitin dog.

But it was like laser cut :D trusty wood saw ;)

kjhjklhk093.jpg

kjhjklhk094.jpg

kjhjklhk095.jpg

Once the dash is in, I will be fitting two thin alloy plates which will bolted through hash and held on the underside to keep the dash straight and together.

Next was to cut the slots for the roll cage bars. We marked them out on both sides. Used the dremmel to wiz out the slots... and sanded the edged down straight! Process was repeated on both sides.

kjhjklhk099.jpg

Where the roll bar comes through the dash I am fitting roll bar padding to stop it from rattling and vibrating against the bars!

We trial fitted the dash, it looks fantastic. More to the point it weighs feck all

kjhjklhk098.jpg

kjhjklhk100.jpg

kjhjklhk101.jpg

As I am keeping the radio and centre heaters, I needed to fit the silver centre section off a stock 172 dash. Luckily I had removed this from my old dash. I was filthy but, it’s getting flocked!

kjhjklhk113.jpg

The centre section on the new dash had to be trimmed out with the dremmel, I got the bulk of it out but then we ran out of time.. will finish tonight.

kjhjklhk112.jpg

Watch this space

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking great, wanna do the ph2 rear end conversion on mine, is next on the list after finally getting some sportlines...

Two questions...

Does the ph2 bumper fit with a ph1 boot??

How much are you paying for the painting (if you don't mind me asking)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Looking great, wanna do the ph2 rear end conversion on mine, is next on the list after finally getting some sportlines...

Two questions...

Does the ph2 bumper fit with a ph1 boot??

How much are you paying for the painting (if you don't mind me asking)

yea it fits with a psh1 boot, i just liek the chunky lock on a psh2

im paying 150 a pannel mate (good work thoguh)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah cheers!! Glad it'll fit, haven't entered the cost of a ph2 boot into the equation! Keep up the good work on the most interesting thread on CS although there is some serious love out there for the Gooch ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
To fit the comp brake residual lines I had to buy;

flaring kit with pipe cutter and some copper brake line.

kjhjklhk038.jpg

kjhjklhk037.jpg

I had also ordered a male 3/8 UNF union and a female 3/8 UNF union from comp brake.
kjhjklhk036.jpg

The valves are to be installed as close to the braided line as possible,

I used the pipe cutter to chop the line before the old union

kjhjklhk040.jpg

put the 3/8 female union on the line and flared the Renault line out

kjhjklhk039.jpg

then I bolted this to the residual valve male 3/8 union

----------
next up I took the cut off from the original line, took the Renault union off, flared a new end onto some copper line.

kjhjklhk045.jpg

kjhjklhk044.jpg

kjhjklhk043.jpg

On the other end of the line I flared the pipe with the comp brake union fitted
Then I bolted these to the valve

kjhjklhk046.jpg

Job done (on both sides)

Looking good.

The chequer plate mats are letting it down IMO. To much of a contrast in the dark interior.

How about these I think they come in black aswell.

g-pic437dcf32e8818.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Looking good.

The chequer plate mats are letting it down IMO. To much of a contrast in the dark interior.

How about these I think they come in black aswell.

g-pic437dcf32e8818.jpg

im still not 100% . i may get allyones after the ring. but these will do till then

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Next up I fitted the willwoods Ad had lent them for a while... they were very messy.. still need a clean the brakes spec are (for now ;) )

Willwood midilite callipers
Alloy CNC mounts
Willwood endurance polly pads
Brembo max disks
Compbrake residual valves
Mocal rear ss lines
Willwood ss front line
ATE super blue fluid

The bracket bolts were torqued to 100NM and I am missing 3 of the recessed disk securing bolts too L

Sorry for the bad pics

kjhjklhk105.jpg

kjhjklhk106.jpg

kjhjklhk097.jpg

kjhjklhk096.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yer ive had a few emails from max power, redline etc. but im not a fan of there mags.

i would like to get it into PFC, and top gear (the tv show, not the mag) ;)