ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-Mapped clio 1.2

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Saw one earlier and on youtube that was spitting flames and popping like crazy! Anyone. Know how hes done this?

A link to the video would help.

You could map it to do that, it would be retarded though. My old 1.2 used to pop a little with just a backbox on it.

As it's not on gear changes I'd say he's putting the clutch in and blipping the throttle at a certain point in the rev range which causes it, my mate used to be able to do it back when we were 17 in his 1.4 PH1 LOL.

Won't work without a decat and a very non restrictive exhaust obviously.

my 1.2 pops a fair bit with a cat-back stainless steel straight through pipe (only got backbox) on standard map

wouldn't recommend running it with flames etc as shirley the extra back pressure wouldn't be good for the car?

Edit: just watched the video... it looks epically s**te tbh, and its not even proper flames ffs lol its a quick pop and gone, not like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJeXeqJmuIs

ghey on anything other than big engined JDM motors or muscle cars imo

^ Awesome. Doesn't count when it's from a flamer kit and not tuning though!

Was hoping you wouldn't notice the blatant spark plugs and leads attached to the exhausts lol

what about:

OT: op don't do it! putting pointless stress on the car

Last edited by a moderator:
  Focus st170
I think removing the cat makes them flame if you look at the video discripion is has a decat. If you search decat 1.2 there is a couple that flame. The 1.2 engine doesn't like been decatted will run ruff. Also will be very loud the police will love you.

Full Fat 182
When you're done with making your 1.2 Clio bang and flame you can make your push bike sound like a racing motorbike ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  TT QS
I've seen this and would like to apologise. Althought it is NOT me. It's like 5 mins from my house. Great advert for Birmingham ay

I may return to this thread with a Tvr video :p