ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Chav

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So have we! And a set of megane dynamique wheels hammerited black and 2 15" steels. So it'll end up on something or t'other.

Dave thought I was being a wuss for not going over 65mph the whole way home from Dundee (70 odd miles for those that dont know). He hadnt seen the tyre like I had seen! I was just waiting for the blowout!

Mate good save...

Those wheels are tame compared to my old ones haha

209417_10150236559802658_622727657_8562401_7612812_o.jpg

Rb 182
Update.

Me and john popped up to do some work on the chav today in the sunshine. Only spent about 1.5/2 hours on it, but managed quite alot. John cut of the shocking side strips and kindly donated some original ones which tidies up the sides of the car no end. Also swapped over the rear chromes for my other 2 turbines.

DSC00261.jpg

Also chav has been resparyed at some point in the past, not sure if this pic show it up but not removing trim prior to paint ftl!!

DSC00258.jpg

We both worked in the inside stripping out as much trim as poss in the time we had. Did quite well bar a rounded torx on the seat back which i'll get out later.

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

On the run up to the its alotted parking spot the managment light popped back on, O2 sensor again. A further inspection found the loom being held together by a connector block, with rust on all the wires. We stripped the wiring back and joined the wires properly (a more solid repair to follow). Managment light has stayed off and it runs better but it's still not fast, seems very flat up to 3.5/4k.

Still happy with the progress today.

Hours spent: 3.5
Money spent: £0 (found 7p in the car so really -£0.07) (found a further 50p. £-0.57p)
Weight lost: Most interior parts, weight TBC.

Last edited:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Respray is shocking! And ill give you £1 for the headlining ;)

Rb 182
Update:

John and i set to work on removing the rest of the interior trim, got a fair bit done, still loads to go but getting there.

DSC00273.jpg

As some in the 'scene' might say "Rolling like a boss", a friendless boss mind you.

Sitting a bit higher now though.

DSC00274.jpg

Got a friend coming round later in the week to double check the timing for us, try suss out the poor performance.

Hours spent: 4.5
Money spent: £0 yet
Weight lost: lots

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Finally got my own comp working so thought I may as well upload the few pics I've got on my camera of the 1chav2

IMG_5914Medium.jpg

IMG_5918Medium.jpg

IMG_5919Medium.jpg

IMG_5920Medium.jpg

IMG_5921Medium.jpg

IMG_5922Medium.jpg

IMG_5933Medium.jpg

IMG_5934Medium.jpg

The infamous power cable!

IMG_5937Medium.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Awesome pics! those turbs have faily got around, been on all 3 of them :rasp:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Slags of wheels son! Yeah Stu has to get credit for his way awesome pic skillz, out of the 3 he took the first one is the only one that worked!!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4

I was gonna say is this see how many clios can we get the turbs on>? Ill be over the moro you can get a pic with them on the cup!

Just noticed this thread good work so far lads! lets hope its going for sunday and weather is decent!!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Slags of wheels son! Yeah Stu has to get credit for his way awesome pic skillz, out of the 3 he took the first one is the only one that worked!!

Daves driving IIRC.

I was gonna say is this see how many clios can we get the turbs on>? Ill be over the moro you can get a pic with them on the cup!

Just noticed this thread good work so far lads! lets hope its going for sunday and weather is decent!!

They've been on 3 of my clios, my mates golf, daves golf, johns 172, daves 172...LOL

I hope its going for sunday aswell! will be awesome :cool:

Rb 182
Looking alot better already.

Cheers Steve

Mind I found another £1.37 under the carpet and sound deadening!

Also wtf did you photoshop moobs onto me, b*****d!
Sorry bruv, couldn't help myself.

Fackin hell at the power cable haha! some folk are clueless.

flol at the cable

It's just quality!
I hope its going for sunday aswell! will be awesome :cool:

I hope so too. Engine checking tommorrow, if all good it'll be going on the trailer.

Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI

its because you are a wheel ***** and well they are awesome wheels you just need to get them back in the next few months so they can start the rounds again :rasp: ;)

Pitty the chav wasnt there on sunday! would have been good to see her in the flesh!!!

Good read through this!! Love how your currently £1.57 up and project Chav is slowly being put right!! If I am correct the steering wheel is a "mountney" creation I believe.... Recognised from my 90's maxpower days :eek:

Rb 182
Good read through this!! Love how your currently £1.57 up and project Chav is slowly being put right!! If I am correct the steering wheel is a "mountney" creation I believe.... Recognised from my 90's maxpower days :eek:

Chav ^^^^ ;)

Yeah its coming along. No real progress yet though.

Rb 182
its because you are a wheel ***** and well they are awesome wheels you just need to get them back in the next few months so they can start the rounds again :rasp: ;)

Pitty the chav wasnt there on sunday! would have been good to see her in the flesh!!!

Yeah was a shame she couldn't make it, next one though. :)

:evil: is more coming ???

Yes more is coming. The key is lightness i think, so going to focus on that.

Haha I was a reader rather than a wide arched corsa driver*, before the days of having my own car!!

*Don't think that makes me any better!

I read fast car and max power in my Yoof so can really say much tbh. lol

Rb 182
Update:

Since my mk2 golf passed its test on friday, i've managed to spend a wee bit time on the chav. Nothing of great intrest TBH.

Removed the rear wiper and bunged it up.

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

Front fogs removed. (Wring etc still to be removed)

DSC00301.jpg

And in refence to this topic:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-on-project-Chav-running-very-flat&highlight=

Cambelt change

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

Alternator belt changed as well. Performance regained, which i'm very happy about, still to be properly tested though.

Hours spent: 7.5
Money spent: £223 (£143 parts £80 for a mate to change the belt)
Weight lost: Most interior parts, weight TBC.

Last edited: