ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Chav

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah I know what you mean I had the belts changed on mine but the timing was out by 1 tooth and it idled lumpy as f**k cutting out sometimes too didn't feel as quick either all sorted now though. Just needing a gearbox replacement now lol.

Rb 182
No progress no for a few weeks. Not sure if i can keep it. Wife doesn't get having somthing sitting about only to get used for a few days a year. Ins has gone up from £440 a year to well over £680 a year on it so rocking it as a daily might not be a viable choice either. Got a fair few bits sitting around, that if i can sell them then that'll get the wife off my back money wise.

DSC00200.jpg

This little monster costs me a fortune, so if the clios gotta go it'll be pulled apart and sold in bits. (Hope it wont come to that)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Jacks giving you the "dont sell the clio daddy" eyes ;) even he wants you to keep it! (gearbox is mine if you do brake though) ;);)

clio mk1 RSI
i think you handed over a bit to much cash but when you think about the potential its still a bargain. Ebay steering wheel needs recycling and i like the wheels but not on this car, some f1's in anthra would be nice but everybodys done that. shame about the bumper being cut for the exhaust.
I'm sure with some TLC she'll be fine, nice colour for the ph1's to. good luck

Rb 182
Jacks giving you the "dont sell the clio daddy" eyes ;) even he wants you to keep it! (gearbox is mine if you do brake though) ;);)

Ha ha ha. Aye maybe. More like i need new shoes/toys/nappies/food/etc/etc eyes ;)

i think you handed over a bit to much cash but when you think about the potential its still a bargain. Ebay steering wheel needs recycling and i like the wheels but not on this car, some f1's in anthra would be nice but everybodys done that. shame about the bumper being cut for the exhaust.
I'm sure with some TLC she'll be fine, nice colour for the ph1's to. good luck

A bit too much cash??

TBH i hate most of the Mods on the car, i aready had the wheels so they were stuck on to get rid of the 17's. Everything else is a bit s**t on it really, but its a project so it might get better.

Rb 182
Not much been happening in the way of progress with chav. Picked up a set of front calipers for free, so looking to give these a refurb and pop them on along with some braded lines and some fresh fluid.

DSC00355.jpg

Repaired a wiring fault in the O2 wiring, so hoping that'll remove the management light from the dash.

Other than that i've spent all my money/efforts on my Mk2 Golf which is now up for sale, and in its place i'm going to run chav as a hardcore daily/track/fast road car. Not been able to afford 2 shitty cars sucks but one has to make sacrafices sometimes.

Sold 2 tyres from the horrid chromes so a bit off the budget now.

Hours spent: 7.5
Money spent: £223 less £30 for two tyres sold = new total £193
Weight lost: Most interior parts, weight TBC.

Rb 182
Little Update on this.

Taxed her as of the 1st of Oct to use as a daily/track/fast road car, its pretty hardcore. Its still not running 100% and i'm getting a P0130 fault code, O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1, so i'll look into changing that and hopefully that'll sort out the wee flat spot i'm getting.

Other than that i've been donated some 172 cup springs and shocks which will get a clean up and go on. I'll be glad to remove the horrid COBRA lowering springs which were obviously bought for th loooowwwwzzzz man (innit).

Had it over the pit at my work and found a fuel pipe wrongly routed so added that to the to do list, getting bigger everyday. Whilst underneth i found the exhaut leaking from the cat to mid join, the mid to back box join and a 3 inch hairline crack in the rear box where the pipe enters the back box. Hoping a temp weld should sort the crack untill i can look into other exhaust. Too much else to sort at the mo.

Hopefully it'll be a semi decent car in 6-9months. It'll still look shat but i'm not much of a DW fan anyway ;)

Hours spent: 8.5
Money spent: £223 less £30 for two tyres sold = new total £193

Rb 182
A few update pics so people can see the state she's in.

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

And a interior shot

DSC00455.jpg

Hours spent: 8.5
Money spent: £193

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Still got the tar in? FS! ha :p Looks the spitting image of mine at winter. Give me my turbines :(

Rb 182
Dude no time to get that out yet. Loads of weight still to be lost, but got a few more important things to do first.

Forgot to say thanks to Gaz85 for donating his cup shocks and springs, looking forward to it looking like a tractor.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
excuses excuses ;) fire round and ill get the hole saw out too.

Rb 182
Update:

Been running her daily now for a month, pretty hardcore really, but awesome fun. Spotted more bodges/problems but nothing that stops it running about.

Fitted a O2 sensor which has cured the running issues and has it driving pretty nice, not as fast as the flamer but not one of the slow ones either.

Had it up at crail for a run out, managed pretty damn well for just the back seats, carpet and headlining being removed clocking a 14.861 @ 93.7 mph which isnt too bad.

Looking slaggy on the day
DSC00461.jpg

Also fitted the rest of the cup suspension. Looking high but riding much better.
DSC00477.jpg

Scrapped the 17" chromes which has further reduced the cost by £40.

Whilst at the scrappies i popped it on their scales which showed it at 980kg, a decent start.

Hours spent: 9.5
Money spent: £193 less £40 for 17's = £153
Weight lost: Most interior parts. Weight 980kg

more of my results from crail

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/showdrag.php?ID=19&EVDate=2011-10-16

Rb 182
No big updates on this, haven't really been using it either. Young Cal came round and Pc'd up the pass side headlight, it was fairly yellow and has come up much better helping it match the new drivers light.

DSC00494.jpg

I also bought a O2 sensor (fitted) and a set of ball joints (to fit) at the cost of £65.28 so got that to add onto my total spend.

Hoping to get some work done over the next few weeks.

Hours spent: 9.5
Money spent: £153 + £65.28 = £218.28
Weight lost: Most interior parts.
Weight 980kg

Rb 182
happy to give you our black handles for your silver, swapsies? x

Dude my cars seen paint, and i have no idea what silver it is. :(

Dave, FYI removing the tar saves you 12kg minus the HUGE bit on the roof ;)

Yeah that's the next weight saving step. That huge bit on the roof, can that be removed?? I want to remove it but just not sure why its there. Advice??

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye Naith, they also weren't smoothed before paint to they seem to be a textured silver. And for all we know its quite possibly Vauxhall star silver!!

Rb 182
No progress on this yet.

Been buying a few bits for it so hopefully get cracking on in the new year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

Rb 182
Some properly exciting updates done to this today....

Here's the exciting updates done.

Now fitted and making it look much better are some black door handles.

DSC00559.jpg

to
DSC00560.jpg

Much better, John also donated me a cleaner number plate light as mines was yellow.

DSC00508.jpg

Hours spent: 10
Money spent: £218.28 + £5 (handles) = 223.28
Weight 980kg

Rb 182
The more interesting updates are the purchases. I've not got crazy cash to spend on cars these days so i have been trying to buy cheap stuff when and where i can. Heres a few pics of what i've spent my hard earned on.

Braided lines
DSC00562.jpg

Tow strap x2 and a ph1 air box with ITG filter.
DSC00561.jpg

And my best purchase to date a pair of Cobra Monaco Pros on extra low subframes.
DSC00525.jpg

And to go with them i've kept these since i got them in my Scoob a set of 3 point cobra harnesses.
DSC00563.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

I'm keen to get everything fitted up but wont be doing anything till i've removed the tar and cleaned the interior out.

Comments??

Happy New Year folks.

Hours spent: 10
Money spent: £223.28 + £300 for seats and airbox + £14 for tow straps = £537.28 (braded lines were payment for work done)
Weight 980kg