ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Chav

Rb 182
Think i'm making it worse tbh.

14" steels on the back. How i roll!

CopyofDSC00638.jpg

Rb 182
Forgot to post up some before and after pics of the steering wheel, bought off John for £40, it's slightly bigger than the one i got with it, but feels a lot nicer.

DSC00589.jpg

to

DSC00590.jpg

Much better.

Money spent: £243.28 + £40 = 283.28
Weight 980kg

Rb 182
Since Knockhill have puy up the dates for trackdays this year We started to crack on with a few bits and bobs needing done to trackchav. I doubt if it'll ever be fully finished, but we'll keep at it.

We removed the k and n and replaced it with a ph1 box with ITG panel filter, fitted a smaller battery (the one with the car was huge and held in by a ratchet strap) and made the fue box water tight. No cost as all these parts were taken from a 1.2 we scrapped a few weeks back.

from
DSC00240.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

to

DSC00656.jpg

Money spent: £283.28
Weight 980kg

Rb 182
Track day sneaking up on us pretty quickly now. I've got a list of stuff to do before, so been going through them, nothing exciting: Moved a fuel pipe as it was wrongly connected from the last engine change (not by us i must point out), fixed the exhaust heatshields back into place, front tow strap fitted and track tyres put on track wheels. Not many pics but like to keep this update.

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't make it any worse. Told you I'll look after it and save you finding storage space for it. Only take 10 minutes to swap it round at knockhill ;)

Rb 182
Can't make it any worse. Told you I'll look after it and save you finding storage space for it. Only take 10 minutes to swap it round at knockhill ;)

It defo cant make it worse your righ there, the cup fronts, 1.2 rear shocks and -60mm cobra springs are working well.

Managed to do a few other bits this evening, made up some door pullers to close the door from some bits lying around from a old trailer. Then fitted my big gay pink sunstrip. The car has no visors so it does kinda need it(TBH it was £1.75 and will probably be getting changed for a black one)

DSC00695-1.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

Rb 182
Little to no progress done on this. Took the front bumper down to my mate to cut out a nice hole for my tow strap. He's got a nice 2" grinder where as i would have just went at it with a hacksaw.

Before
DSC00715.jpg

after
DSC00714.jpg

Exciting huh!

Rb 182
Na, doubt i will be either. I'll still be using your old one at weekends etc so would be nice to not rape it for all its good bits.

Rb 182
Glad to see you can resist temptation lol.

I've not done much with either of them recently. Been off ill this week, hating every min of it. About a week till the track day and it's still lying in the yard, although now it has a flat battery and wont start.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bit more work done to the chav this week.

There has been a slight oil leak around the back of the sump since Dave bought it, obviously not ideal, especially when going on track. So the sump was cleaned up and resealed, seems to have worked well. Dave got his health and safety on to clean it all up.

461114_210794752368282_155804221200669_346351_1894146618_o.jpg

Bled the brakes on Thursday night which was going nicely until a bleed nipple snapped at about 10pm :( So on Friday night we chucked another caliper on and finished bleeding them all, old fluid was minging so a nice worthwhile job.

Looking a bit more, er interesting these days too,

0e9f923a.jpg

df491e34.jpg

It even got "washed" We used the no bucket method and a steam genny that is more used to cleaning artics. Still, less dirt on it now than before so thats what counts!

45bfbf9c.jpg

db07eb74.jpg

c2a722bb.jpg

d8f7738e.jpg

And its all about the details/sponsership ;)

24e08d91.jpg

Cheers
John

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Awesome!! looks like a car again :rasp: Cant wait to see her again tomorrow <3

Rb 182
Attend the first track day with chav on Sunday. She did really well, surprising most people. I opted out of the very last session as i noticed a slight drip of oil (Looks like it's from the box) and not wanting to waste others days she retired, doing a total of 75 track miles.

The Track day went really well, i managed to spin on the very first corner on the very first lap, from pit lane to gravel pit in around 20 seconds, was red faced at that one. I really didn't think about warming up my aging Dunlop semi's but probably should have done more than drive it from the trailer to the holding area then onto the track.

I had another spin (same corner, but alot faster this time!!) it had started to rain and again didn't manage to get the tyres up to temp.

I have to say, totally hooked now. Having it on track has highlighted a few things that will need to improve but i'll continue to make it better as I go along. She's now being stored at a mates farm untill I can sell my Mk4 and mk2 Golf's and clear out the garage of random parts, untill this has happened she will be taking a back seat.

Back on track soon!!!

Night before and getting some fuel

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

Track pics

chavontrack1.jpg

chavontrack2.jpg

chavontrack7.jpg

After my off(s)

chavontrack6.jpg

A better write up can be found here

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...om-the-inaugural-Djw-Boaby-Tapp-d-CS-trackday

Rb 182
Thanks Russ. It needs some paint really. I'm tempted to paint it all with a brush! Can't be much worse than what someones done previously with a gun.