ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #69; Clio 182FF

Lovely beading, those plastics have come up brilliantly and all around a clean looking car. I'm impressed :)

RB Clio 182
Again mate, a very clean 182, i also did my headlights the other day but forgot to take pics so i didnt bother putting it in my thread lol.

clio 182 FF
Cheers Mate,

Yeah it makes a hell of a difference, cant hear any road noise at all now.
You can go further and go behind the plastics in the boot to reduce the exhaust noise.

Are you experiencing exhaust drone or wheel/road noise drone?

Will do :)

It's more road noise until about 70. Then it's the exhaust. Im defiantly going to do it then, start with behind then panels and go further if I have to.

RenaultSport 182FF
It's more road noise until about 70. Then it's the exhaust. Im defiantly going to do it then, start with behind then panels and go further if I have to.

Yeah this will block it out completely mate :)

Make sure you get SpaceBlanket and seal off the exposed fiberglass with duct tape. Also just to let you know, you won't be able to do the front panels as there isn't any room to do so:)

Does this suggest that the 182 is staying?

clio 182 FF
Yeah. Well I decided I'd rather get snowed in the village and miss work for a few days than sell her. We don't have enough bad weather to justify getting rid for a 4x4.
Getting some spaceblanket tomorrow now. Thanks for the feedback mate.

RenaultSport 182FF
Yeah. Well I decided I'd rather get snowed in the village and miss work for a few days than sell her. We don't have enough bad weather to justify getting rid for a 4x4.
Getting some spaceblanket tomorrow now. Thanks for the feedback mate.

And the extra little one :D Good decision mate, definitely worth it for the smiles you get out of owning and driving one :)

No worries buddy :)

RenaultSport 182FF
On to tackling the the rear plate ! Ohh it was so messy underneath, Yuck !!!!

Bearing in mind the rest of the car is pretty much spotless, this is what lurked beneath the rear plate after wrestling with the bloody thing :eek:. I thought it was going to snap!!

The hairdryer was used to lift the double sided sticky tape, I then rubbed that off with my thumb upon which i got a blister :cry:
I went over the sticky residue with Showroom Shine, this lifted off the remaining gunk and dirt!
To finish it off I did a twice over with the Ultimate Compound and sealed it with Showroom Shine :approve:

DSCF5602.jpg

Some before's and after's ;)

Before:
DSCF5604.jpg

During:
DSCF5605.jpg

After:
DSCF5607.jpg

I decided to go down the route of applying the 'Velcro heavy duty giant stick on coins'

My god they are strong, I was literally hung off of it for 6 seconds or so before it came off :eek:

DSCF5629.jpg

During:
DSCF5608.jpg

After:

Well I didn't get an after... Sorry guys ;)

(I'm sure you won't need much of an imagination to figure out what it looks like with its number plate back on)

Clio 182
Hi mate

When you fitted the space blanket did you refit the crappy renault green soundproofing?

Im going to B&Q tonight thanks to you :p ha

RenaultSport 182FF
Hi mate

When you fitted the space blanket did you refit the crappy renault green soundproofing?

Im going to B&Q tonight thanks to you :p ha

Ahh its catching on ;)

I did refit the crappy green renault soundproofing :D Make sure there is enough room down the back for water to run down and still drain mind :) ....otherwise you will get problems!

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Ahh its catching on ;)

I did refit the crappy green renault soundproofing :D Make sure there is enough room down the back for water to run down and still drain mind :) ....otherwise you will get problems!

£14.98 and a trip to B&Q later....... ;)

Ok mate, cheers for the advice. love the blog btw, some really nice touches. wish my wheels were in that condition! :(. Subscribed for more great ideas to steal... what? :p

RenaultSport 182FF
£14.98 and a trip to B&Q later....... ;)

Ok mate, cheers for the advice. love the blog btw, some really nice touches. wish my wheels were in that condition! :(. Subscribed for more great ideas to steal... what? :p

No worries, anytime!!

Cheers mate :) sort of, unfortunately the back left wheel ruins it for the rest, its scuffed :(

Yeah why not, I would if i was struggling :D although you must look at things and think that its not as good as it could be? Or is that just me ;)

LY R26 #288
Just read through the whole thread, some really good ideas and attention to detail there.

I even ordered some of them led bulbs for the interior lights that you used lol. Car looks good and has given me some good ideas for mine. :)

RenaultSport 182FF
I think you need to get out more :rasp:

Me too :eek: Its winter though, nobody wants to do much because of the weather, so im gunna blame it on that :D

Just read through the whole thread, some really good ideas and attention to detail there.

I even ordered some of them led bulbs for the interior lights that you used lol. Car looks good and has given me some good ideas for mine. :)

Teaching the old dogs new tricks ayy ;) Cheers Joe, Might I add or rather ask is that yourself in the 'Scaring sheep' video ;)

LY R26 #288
Haha you could say that.

Yeah that was me. Amazing how many people ask that recently. Lol.

Your seatbelts are so clean! Mine are filthy. Really need to do something about them. I've got one of them 3m headlight kits coming soon too :)

RenaultSport 182FF
Haha you could say that.

Yeah that was me. Amazing how many people ask that recently. Lol.

Your seatbelts are so clean! Mine are filthy. Really need to do something about them. I've got one of them 3m headlight kits coming soon too :)

;)

Haha its that laugh, it gets me every time, Brilliant :D I believe that was the first video on an aftermarket exhaust for a CS that I watched ;)

Yeah I know, mine were in such a state but never again am I doing that!!! Hours I spend scrubbing those bloody things, my hands were numb, but all well protected now and definitely worth it in the end :eek:

RB Clio 182
Genuine Renault Sport floor mats came today :)

Sprayed with the Supagard interior protector and put them in ......

DSCF5377.jpg

DSCF5405.jpg

DSCF5403.jpg

Hi mate, have you got a link for these mats please? Also what did you use to get the 2.0 16v chrome inserts on the bump strips so clean?

RenaultSport 182FF
Hi mate, have you got a link for these mats please? Also what did you use to get the 2.0 16v chrome inserts on the bump strips so clean?

Hi Tom,

The link for the matts I have linked below for you mate :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320791253559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

As for the 2.0 16v inserts, I used Showroom shine and scrubbed really hard with a toothbrush, I then buffed it with a microfibre cloth :)
I would really recommend either that or a cutting compound of some sort.
Meguiars Ultimate Compound should do the trick!! That should take the colour stain out and bring through the original colour and shine for you mate :)

LY R26 #288
Lol that was on our little trip to the lake district. Mark (Dr Jekyll) decided we should record the car popping and I was completely unaware of the sheep untill he was pointing at them hence the surprised laugh.

Might wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I do the belts lol.

RenaultSport 182FF
Lol that was on our little trip to the lake district. Mark (Dr Jekyll) decided we should record the car popping and I was completely unaware of the sheep untill he was pointing at them hence the surprised laugh.

Might wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I do the belts lol.

I was going to say it looked like it was up near the North Yorkshire Dales :) As you do.... honestly it gets me every time!!

Lol, crack the heaters out and get it done in the garage :rasp:

RB Clio 182
Hi Tom,

The link for the matts I have linked below for you mate :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320791253559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

As for the 2.0 16v inserts, I used Showroom shine and scrubbed really hard with a toothbrush, I then buffed it with a microfibre cloth :)
I would really recommend either that or a cutting compound of some sort.
Meguiars Ultimate Compound should do the trick!! That should take the colour stain out and bring through the original colour and shine for you mate :)

Excellent thanks mate ;)

RenaultSport 182FF
This is the type of project I like.

Great work! and very nice 182

Good stuff, I like them to ;) Thanks mate!

Love the attention to detail, what else you got planned?

Thanks Tom,

Currently on the to do list I have the following engine mods:

• RS Tuner (Both Maps)
• Scorpion RS192 Exhaust
• Scorpion Decat Pipe
• Ktec Induction Kit
• Powerflex Exhaust Mounts

Bodywork/Bodywork Products to do list:

• Meguiars DA Polisher
• Front Bumper Respray
• Bonnet Respray

At the moment they are the definite's but I would imagine I will find simple things to improve, I just keep stumbling upon those :p
Next year It may get serious and I may opt for a turbo conversion :D

Last edited:
Good stuff, I like them to ;) Thanks mate!

Thanks Tom,

Currently on the to do list I have the following engine mods:

• RS Tuner (Both Maps)
• Scorpion RS192 Exhaust
• Scorpion Decat Pipe
• Ktec Induction Kit
• Powerflex Exhaust Mounts

Bodywork/Bodywork Products to do list:

• Meguiars DA Polisher
• Front Bumper Respray
• Bonnet Respray

At the moment they are the definite's but I would imagine I will find simple things to improve, I just keep stumbling upon those :p
Next year It may get serious and I may opt for a turbo conversion :D
I would recommend the Kestrel DAS-6 (Pro if possible) over the Meguiars G220. Less vibration, cheaper and thought of the be equivalent or better than pretty much all other DA's.

RenaultSport 182FF
I would recommend the Kestrel DAS-6 (Pro if possible) over the Meguiars G220. Less vibration, cheaper and thought of the be equivalent or better than pretty much all other DA's.

Fab!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I have been reading a lot of reviews and your pretty spot on with that :)

I think I got carried away with being a Meguiar Fan Boy :p Love their products therefore made the assumption that the DA polisher would be the best.....That was foolish of me to do so!!!
Like my boss says "what do assumptions make? .... an ass out of you and me" :D They have clearly brainwashed me with their products :rasp:

Again thanks for setting me straight Chris ;)

RenaultSport 182FF
Was that a hint about my "tha" as I'm not sure what that was meant to be!

Dont worry about the grammar mate, it's the pics that do the talking, and the pics look good :)

It genuinely wasn't :) You've gone and drop your self in it now anyway!!

Such and essex thing to say ;) ...... only kidding :rasp: thanks mate