ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #69; Clio 182FF

RenaultSport 182FF
Previously from when I stripped out the rear, the seat belts were something i pointed out in the pictures as they looked like they had seen better days.

So thats another one ticked off the list..... this one drenched in the Supagard Interior protector :rasp:

Before:
DSCF5203.jpg

DSCF5208.jpg

DSCF5204.jpg

After:
DSCF5409.jpg

DSCF5410.jpg

DSCF5412.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
i don't mate, it needs a bloody good wash/hoover and in the process of fitting sachs front and koni rears with eibach sportlines :eek:

Never mind :(

Oooooohhhh, I like the Sach idea, mmmmm something I think I will invest in time, let me know what its like when they are fitted. Are you currently on Factory Cup suspension ?

RenaultSport 182FF
Belts look much better. Worse than mine were though!

God yeah they were awful mate had to take the whole seatbelt with its casing out of the car, soaked it in a bucket with 5 different detergents and used those magic eraser pad things to rub the excess off :headno:

5 hours...... never again :boring:

The water was black :dead:

RenaultSport 182FF
haha yeah i will do, im hoping they are very good!!

Brilliant, me too although I don't have the pressure of already owning them and then fitting them to find out they are a disappointment, I doubt it though as every trophy owner rages about how it transforms the car :)

RenaultSport 182FF
Those belts came out well! What did you use?

Many different brands of cleaner however the one i found the best was Professor Amos Shock-It-Clean, its really powerful, the parents are shopping channel addicts so always have handy products around the house :D
If memory serves me corrctly this was off of Ideal World but i have included the official site below

http://amosdirect.com/shock-it-clean

As for aiding the detergent i used Magic eraser pads, these things are awesome and work on everything, however they are annoying as they crumble a lot.

I have linked an eBay page to some, these aren't the one ones I bought but they are pretty common and universal like microfibre cloths... Poundland and places sell them too so that gives you an idea how disposable they are ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Pack-M...en_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3378c10701&_uhb=1

Hopefully that helps mate :)

RenaultSport 182FF
Finally got the whole set of rear badges for the car, didn't want to put one on at a time while I was waiting for the others to arrive, uneven wearing/weathering and all that...... because im anal like that :rasp:

This is what the factory badges on the car looked like up until the change.

As you can see the 'T' in Renault isn't straight and has a crack between the joining of the 'L' and 'T' I would think someone has broken it off and it has been repaired lightly with glue......

DSCF5379.jpg

7 Year of weathering and corrosion...

DSCF5369.jpg

DSCF5380.jpg

DSCF5384.jpg

Got the hairdryer and fishing wire out, heated the badge backing as best as I could and wiggled the fishing wire from one site to the other :)

DSCF5386.jpg

What it all looked like with the double sided sticky tape left behind.... a mess

DSCF5387.jpg

Managed to remove this with some of the 'showroom shine' polish which I used before on the car.... Ohh nearly forgot to put a reference point down :p

DSCF5388.jpg

DSCF5393.jpg

Brought the colour and depth up with Meguiars Swirl X and Scratch X...

DSCF5394.jpg

New badges on a looking amazingly shiny :cool:

DSCF5415.jpg

DSCF5397.jpg

DSCF5396.jpg

Same thing for the clio badge, bar the tape as a reference .....

DSCF5400.jpg

DSCF5401.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF5384.jpg
    DSCF5384.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 73
  RenaultSport 182FF
very nice!! it is all in the little details :approve:

Indeed it is :) Im glad there are others like yourself that appreciate that, overall it does make a massive difference like the silvertec indicator bulbs :approve:

RenaultSport 182FF
Another small update, I decided to update the interior lights to LED's :)

I decided to buy the same LED's that I used for the sidelights to keep up a consistant pattern :eek: This is how it turned out ......

Before:

DSCF5425.jpg

DSCF5423.jpg

During:

DSCF5422.jpg

DSCF5427.jpg

DSCF5428.jpg

After:

DSCF5419.jpg

DSCF5420.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
What came in the post this morning :) What makes the meets, the website and all the little bits in between possible, best of all it creates a place where you can share your ideas with others, making new friends along the way !

DSCF5454.jpg

Cheers ClioSport Admin Team and all members, new and old! :drunk:

RenaultSport 182FF
Some goodies came today ready for the weekend:

Meguiars Headlight Protectant:
"This creates a barrier between plastics to stop harmful UV rays, prolonging the clarity and brilliance of new or restored headlights" (I.E. Stops plastics from dulling or going yellow). I could only actually find this on the Meguiars US site and not the UK site, it doesn't seem to be stocked in the UK so had it imported in (with no import tax) which set me back around £13 and took around 1 week to arrive.

Gtechniq's C4:
This Restores trim to "as new" condition without altering gloss level, to achieve a tire and trim blackener finish that lasts 2 years.

Renault Touch up Paint Kit:
Sourcing the exact paint that was used on my specific car when it was on the production line renault charged me £8.76 for a touch up kit, now i can attend to those little imperfections and stone chips that are on the bodywork.

DSCF5455.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
As mentioned in my last post this weekend I planned to go around the car trim with C4 and revive the plastics as best I could.

The plastics came up a real treat and would recommend this to anyone :O a permanent tyre and trim shine finish ..... Some before and afters....

Before pictures have been cleaned of tyre and bumper shine, which I usually use to make it look nice (you know the stuff that usually washes away in the rain and leaves streak marks from where its dripped ;))

Before:
DSCF5456.jpg

During:
DSCF5466.jpg

After:
DSCF5473.jpg

Before:
DSCF5457.jpg

After:
DSCF5472.jpg

Before:
DSCF5462.jpg

After:
DSCF5475.jpg

Before:
DSCF5461.jpg

After:
DSCF5481.jpg

During:
DSCF5468.jpg

After:
DSCF5476.jpg

Before:
DSCF5460.jpg

After:
DSCF5482.jpg

The Complete front end finished:
DSCF5479.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
Shortly after.... i dropped the bloody C4 Bottle, and well that was £23 gone down the drain, didn't even use a quarter of the stuff :mad: I was fuming, but unfortunately I only have myself to blame :(

I watched the whole thing happen from start to end, the solution seeped through the stones on the drive :headno:, I scrutinised as I couldn't do a thing..... it was over in just a few short seconds:dapprove: ......

Coffee :coffee: !!!!!!!

RenaultSport 182FF
sorry but lol at dropping the bottle :eek:

looks brilliant though. dunno how you could be arsed to do the lower grill. i used to just leave mine haha

I know, suppose i can only look back and laugh now :rolleyes:

Yeah I had the same initial thought, those cotton pads they come with it would take forever....or using anything else I could think of for that matter, however cotton pads made me think of a container I had when I was a baby..... It had Ducks on it :eek:

COTTON BUDS!!!! ...... and I had the bottom one done in less than 20 mins ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
atleast your stones will be nice and black :p

lol.

the only time i ever did my lower grill was when i bought some aerosol back to black (was quite good actually)... took me less than 20 seconds :rasp:

RenaultSport 182FF
atleast your stones will be nice and black :p

lol.

the only time i ever did my lower grill was when i bought some aerosol back to black (was quite good actually)... took me less than 20 seconds :rasp:

Brilliant positive from that ;)

And how long was it before it dripped onto the lower lip ?

RenaultSport 182FF
Finally rear window stickers all sorted, not sure about my elf one though.... may have put him to high.
Some of you may have noticed a Renault sport sticker in some photo's, didn't like this !! Was originally expecting an internal sticker and got external :dapprove:, It had to go as the colour difference made it look naff :D

So what do people think ?

Before:
DSCF5141_zpscae8f3e8.jpg

After:
DSCF5487.jpg

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Love this - taken a few ideas for my Artic. Awesome motor. What is the code for the touch up paint ?

Going to change my side lights also!!!

Keep it up