ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

police and clios

'My Dads bigger than your Dad'

Judging by that post I'd suggest drugs have been misused somewhere and you need to go collect your prescription pal

Someone please close this thread.

lol wut?

So because the cop didn't realise my old man was in the back and bricked himself when he realised what he had just done infront of an adult that means drugs have been misued?

Where can I buy some of your logic?

Stripped yozza'd cup
lol wut?

So because the cop didn't realise my old man was in the back and bricked himself when he realised what he had just done infront of an adult that means drugs have been misued?

Where can I buy some of your logic?

I'm with you.

Wonderful bit of stereotyping there. Well done.

Disastra Coupe
Ive never been pulled over, but I certainly did get alot more unwanted attention in the 172, than I do in the 200.

Police dont even give the 200 a second glance, whereas in the 172 I would get a full blown staring contest. It's a good job that I dont drive like prick and everything is as it should be.

See, that's weird. We're local to each other and police don't even notice my 172.

120d M Sport
I've been pulled over quite alot. Not always driving like a dick either.

Got pulled one night by a panda car. The boy comes over and asks for my ID etc. so I hand it all over. The gf was in the passenger seat. He asks me to step out the car so I did. Next thing I'm slammed up against the rear 1/4 with my hands twisted up my back and he states 'you and the occupants of your car are being detained under the misuse of drugs act'.

Let's just say bricks were shat when my old man wound down the rear window and asked him what the f**k he was doing. I was back in the car and on my way in under a minute.

Clowns.

Yeah I'm sure that Police officer really did s**t himself when you're old man asked him "what the f**k he was doing". I bet he was really scared, could've arrested him but still, really scared.

Yeah I'm sure that Police officer really did s**t himself when you're old man asked him "what the f**k he was doing". I bet he was really scared, could've arrested him but still, really scared.

Cool.

I just told what happened, pick a hole in it if you want. No skin off my nose.

182 FF
A 172 doesn t really stand out or look that boy racerish as standard as they don t look that much different to a 1.2! Only if they are given the maccy d carpark stylin do they attract police attention.Or as mentioned if they are being driven in a fashion that attracts attention.
In my earlier years i got pulled a couple of times and it was all for the above reasons,since i ve matured and had a whole range of standout cars like scoobys,integra s and others and have never been stopped!

Clio 172
a couple of years ago i got pulled when i was reversing onto my drive in the claim that i was just seen doing 65 in a 50 zone, i thought this to be really funny seing as i had just got back off a 2 week holiday started the car up and reversed 10 yards? unless i managed to reverse at 65 miles an hour, making my car the fastest reversing car around :p

320d
I've never been pulled in the near 5 years I've been on the roads. That includes two mopeds, a 1.2 Clio, 172, Mazda 323 and MX5.

I guess its a case of driving appropriately and a bit of luck.

Clio 182
I've had my 182 for 3 years now and have been pulled 3 times. Once was indeed my fault as I went through a amber light, the police officer said I was "taking a risk", but plenty of people go through on amber all the time. When he had nothing on me he then asked me to step out the car. Said he was going back to his van to "do some checks" him and the female officer who was accompanying him told me my car was connected with local drug dealing. No idea how as my 182 travels 50 miles a week to work and back. He did a full search of my car, myself and my gf. Whne they found nothing they then thought it was funny and laughed it off. Total joke. Been pulled 2nd time for driving home at 2am(I used to run a public house), he said he was just doing some routine checks and then let me go. 3rd time i got pulled was because my mates a copper and i didn;t realise it was his van LOL. HE thought he would try and put the s***s up me and show me up on the high street with blues and twos behind me .

Now Sold :-(
NEVER had any issues with the police while driving the Clio.

policeclio.gif

:rasp:

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Disagree with that, got pulled over 15+ times iny saxo in 12months and never got a ticket, just another 'telling off'. Never been pulled over in the next 2 cars in 6 years for some reason, driving the same?

Of course you disagree, half of the problem is that you were not aware there was a problem with your driving. Assuming your Saxo did not look like a Christmas Tree, sound like a wet fart or look like a dog then it was your driving. I suspect later on your driving simply improved.

Young 'uns do not seem to be aware that they are driving idioticly. We all have, but most of us grow out of it, which is why you'll see a general trend that people tend to get pulled over less as they get older.

Of course the car you drive does have an impact; ie. a chavved up 1.1 Saxo with a stupid exhaust is going to attract more attention than say a three year old 3 series, but 99.5% of the time, unless you're driving a shed, a Police Officer will rarely pull you based solely on the car - either he/she hasn't liked a manoeuvre, you've been reported by someone else for driving like a nonce or you've made it on to their "list" (yes, they do exist).

There are exceptions, but if you're getting pulled over 15 times in 12 months there is a problem and there is little point trying to blame it on anything else.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
There is so much stupidity in this thread.

Why do so many people think that if you are pulled over that you have automatically done something wrong?

So many people saying "I've been driving 5 years and never been pulled over because I don't drive like a dick". Well done, your medal is on its way to you mate.
You can be a perfectly sensible driver in a perfectly sensible car and still get pulled over. Just because you are pulled over it doesnt necessarily mean you were driving like a dick or your car is illegal etc etc.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
No doubt, people get pulled over when driving sensibly, but this is generally the exception rather than the rule, and when you get pulled over 15+ times in 12 months, you cannot possibly argue it is anything but the manner in which the driver presents him/herself, be it a poor state of maintenance (lights out etc.), modifications of poor taste (neons, silly exhausts on 1.1 saxos etc.) or bad driving.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Looking at your numberplate i'd also pull you over.

People who usually have something wrong with there car have other things wrong/crims, true fact that.

You would pull him over!? For a plate?! Get a grip! You must be a traffic cop...

306 GTI-6
f**king right. I would pull him over too. If the plates illegal, its illegal.

Why should he expect to not have to obey the law when others do?

The cops round here like to pull people so they can chat about cars...lol.
I never got pulled in the my clio and that had a loud powerflow exhaust....and big fat 9" borbet A's on the rear...they used to look but they never pulled me.

j26

Clio 197
f**king right. I would pull him over too. If the plates illegal, its illegal.

Why should he expect to not have to obey the law when others do?

thats the thing, looking on this website there are more people with 3/4 front plates than people with full size(lagal) plates so its not as if it is just me that is breaking the law on this one.

Clio
Ive only ever been pulled over once in the 4 years ive been driving. I really did deserve it, Luckily they just asked my name then sent me on my way saying "drive carfully". Was a major wake up call considering what the outcome could have been like!

Stripped yozza'd cup
There's just a whole lot of people judging people that they have never met.

The fact is, Police do pull people over just because they feel like it. Whether it be because of how they look, the way their car is or whatever. It happens, if you get pulled over 100 times and never get a tciket, then you're not any worse that someone who never gets pulled.

People on here just argue for fun.

197 FF Glacier White
thats the thing, looking on this website there are more people with 3/4 front plates than people with full size(lagal) plates so its not as if it is just me that is breaking the law on this one.

Doubt this (Poll anyone!?)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You would pull him over!? For a plate?! Get a grip! You must be a traffic cop...

People who usually have something wrong with there car have other things wrong/crims, true fact that.

See, that's weird. We're local to each other and police don't even notice my 172.

And yet you're worried about getting a 3/4 plate... Get it sorted mate lol. :rasp:

I mostly drive around Notts, which is where I got most of the attention from. Dont think ive seen a Police car in Mansfield when ive been driving around there ;)

Got pulled 2 or 3 times as a teenager.

Not been pulled in the last 10 to 12 years though.

My guess it was a combo of driving like a tit and just being a young lad at the wheel. Ive no doubt the type of car contributes as well though. Not that a Clio would attract too much attention. I'd expect a Scooby or Civic Type R to get far more.

Disastra Coupe
And yet you're worried about getting a 3/4 plate... Get it sorted mate lol. :rasp:

I mostly drive around Notts, which is where I got most of the attention from. Dont think ive seen a Police car in Mansfield when ive been driving around there ;)

Trust me, plenty of cop's around Mansfield lol. Thing is if i whack a 3/4 plate on you can guarantee they will instantly notice it. They aren't slow around here lol.

That said i was following a nob earlier who's rear plate was about 5" long and 2" tall. Following at a safe distance i couldn't read it for s**t and i've got very good eyesight lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Pulled over on the side of a main road,
stripped out car
bucket seats,
roll cage,
3/4 plate
hazards on,

with a fiesta in a similar condition with the bonnet up and steam pouring out.....

and they STILL didnt pull over!! could quite have used the comapany really since it wasnt the nicest of areas!

BMW 330ci Clubsport
If you're driving late at night, near or through a city centre, then you can expect to be pulled over. Only time I've ever been pulled over was about 2:30am, after leaving a bar. They said although my driving wasn't something to pull me over for they still wanted to breathalyser me. I hadn't had a drink anyway, so co-operated, they then found they didn't have any straws left for it. So they let me on my way

If you want to know why you've been pulled over then just ask, they can't refuse to tell you however they can give you some sort of rubbish excuse. But don't let it aggravate you as they'll just hold you up for being a prat

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
I was pulled over once for driving a bit too quickly round a roundabout. My bad.

I've never done it again and my car is 100% legal. Shock I have never been stopped again.

Silly numberplates cause silly stops - I don't know why people bother.
Bore off ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's 100% the kind of car you drive and the way you drive it. I.e I got pulled a number of times in my old 1.2 and once in my Williams. I drove the Z4 for a year with no front plate and didn't get pulled once. Go figure!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's 100% the kind of car you drive and the way you drive it. I.e I got pulled a number of times in my old 1.2 and once in my Williams. I drove the Z4 for a year with no front plate and didn't get pulled once. Go figure!

Aye the williams did attract wanted aswell as unwanted attention - I did tend to watch myself a bit more in mine.