ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

police and clios

Ibiza SC
I was pulled over 2 or 3 times when I had my 1.2. One was for a rear passenger not wearing his seatbelt, the second for driving 30 in a 20 and getting breathalyzed (passed) and the last I can't remember. I've never been pulled over in my cup, and it has a 3/4 plate and most of the time I drive like a tosspot <3

Clio Sport 172
No idea what that means but indeed.
haha ok no I mean wheres the fun in being 5 mph under the speed limit and whats wrong with small plates etc if the owner of the car think it looks good? dont get me wrong thers a difference between suttle mods and chaving a car up, i like a nice exhaust thats NOT over the top.

260% JCW
School boy error, getting cocky and trying to be smart with the law will only end with one result.....

Fail on your part.

Clio Sport 172
true but i didnt buy a 172 to drive nice roads at 40 mph i dont drive like a t***t but its nice to open it up on the nice quiet roads i dont undestand why someone would argue with that..

S'trollin on size 7s
i got insured temperarily a while back on my mates impreza STI for around 3 weeks in total,
subaru impreza with gold wheels and blacked out windows in Bradford...yeah i was pulled a good 5 times in them 3 weeks.lol
one of the officers tried making out i wasnt even insured on the car, even though id been pulled over the previous night and still had the producer in the glove box. Bell end !!
its fair to say it got rather tedious

260% JCW
true but i didnt buy a 172 to drive nice roads at 40 mph i dont drive like a t***t but its nice to open it up on the nice quiet roads i dont undestand why someone would argue with that..

Nor did i, Racing away at a junction though is just asking for trouble.

If you want to drive fast ect go to a track day.

Clio Sport 172
ok fair enough if thats your opinion and probably the same as many others..... but im 23, there are plenty of lessons for me to learn and mistakes i havent made yet and by the time im done i hope i dont end up boring and straight laced..... i will always have fun in my car when i feel like having fun in my car not just when ive planned 3 weeks in advance..... I have done track days i raced my fiat coupe at donnington and countless times at santa pod it was great but sometimes on the way home from work i feel like putting my foot down!! sorry if your offended by that :eek:

260% JCW
ok fair enough if thats your opinion and probably the same as many others..... but im 23, there are plenty of lessons for me to learn and mistakes i havent made yet and by the time im done i hope i dont end up boring and straight laced..... i will always have fun in my car when i feel like having fun in my car not just when ive planned 3 weeks in advance..... I have done track days i raced my fiat coupe at donnington and countless times at santa pod it was great but sometimes on the way home from work i feel like putting my foot down!! sorry if your offended by that :eek:

Steady Eddy, My posts were not aimed at you but at the Op and offending me??........ Typical youngster getting the wrong end of the stick.

I too have urges to drive fast on good country roads ect but not from junctions in town no doubt as the OP did.

Like many youngsters no doubt you will learn the hard way.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So someone has to break the law to have a giggle in a car round here? with a little numberplate the proud owner never actually sees?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Pulled over once since March 1992 - and that was my own fault for having the front fogs on.

£20 fine, a slight ticking off and that's been it. And in amongst all that, that was owning a Punto GT with nothing but a straight pipe from the CAT back, for over 6 years. Silencer? What silencer? :)

From that alone, I'd definitely say that people get pulled due to their driving actions more than anything else - regardless of how good/smooth you think you are driving.

D.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've had Police attention twice in all the time I've had my Clio.

1st time I got the matrix board in the rear window of an unmarked estate flash up 'SLOW DOWN' as I was making progress along a DC behind him...so I promptly backed off.

Second time was blue lights after I gave it almost full beans away from some lights up to a roundabout which I circumnavigated at 10/10ths before giving it more through the exit and down the next DC. Was late, dark and I was enjoying a drive on clear well sighted roads...and like an unobservant c**k I didn't notice the marked car behind me at the lights. When he finally came up behind me I was doing 80, he put his blues on, I sighed and thought 'oh well' so started to back off, then he turned off his lights and went past and left me to it.

That's it so far, which is amazing considering some of the stunts I've pulled in the past.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've had Police attention twice in all the time I've had my Clio.

1st time I got the matrix board in the rear window of an unmarked estate flash up 'SLOW DOWN' as I was making progress along a DC behind him...so I promptly backed off.

Second time was blue lights after I gave it almost full beans away from some lights up to a roundabout which I circumnavigated at 10/10ths before giving it more through the exit and down the next DC. Was late, dark and I was enjoying a drive on clear well sighted roads...and like an unobservant c**k I didn't notice the marked car behind me at the lights. When he finally came up behind me I was doing 80, he put his blues on, I sighed and thought 'oh well' so started to back off, then he turned off his lights and went past and left me to it.

That's it so far, which is amazing considering some of the stunts I've pulled in the past.

You lucky b*****d!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Whenever i do something silly the feds always seem to be there!

I was once coming home from playing ice hockey when i had my s14a and it was in wee hours of the morning, I was giving it some big beans through some local towns, not a soul to be seen. So after arriving near my house in a little industrial estate to let the car cool down, a police car comes screetching in behind me hollywood style. So i jumped out thinking WTF is going on. The cop gets out his car giving me a bollocking "ive been trying to catch you for 6 miles, what speed were you doing etc". He then says "that thing is as fast as f**k" has a chatabout the car and leaves. My only lucky escape!