ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

police and clios

j26

Clio 197
didnt know wot section to put this in,

got pulled by the local police last night and so i got out of car and he procedded with the sins hes accusing me of, illegal exhaust, smaller number plate letters and speeding away from a junction, so i questioned him y he thought my exhaust was ilegal, he then said to me it was too noisey and it wasnt a standard exhaust so therefore illegal!!! he then just walked away and said "have a nice evening"

i have a k-tec stealth with the centre silencer in and know this isnt ilegal?

has anyone else had this

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've never been pulled over, but speaking of speeding away from a junction..

Today I saw a local plain cloths copper in an unmarked mondeo nail off a roundabout, nearly hit the car in front which pulled out on him (which I predicted, it was so obvious it was going to happen) and stayed glued to his bumper at 50mph for half a mile.

Bad as eachother.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looking at your numberplate i'd also pull you over.

People who usually have something wrong with there car have other things wrong/crims, true fact that.

Actually, having an exhuast louder than standard is illegal.

Problem with enforcing that law is prooving it. You will see on the V5 of newer cars that there are sound level readings for standard cars. Though the stationary rating of my 197 at 5500rpm was 89dB

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
a lad who works at another motor factors in town got hit by a off duty policeman tuesday and wrote both cars off and then the copper was asking if mods were declared and once he found out they were he soon changed attitude

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I was pulled over once for driving a bit too quickly round a roundabout. My bad.

I've never done it again and my car is 100% legal. Shock I have never been stopped again.

Silly numberplates cause silly stops - I don't know why people bother.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive failed cars on m.o.t with bad boy exhausts on, cus i can and im a cnut

j26

Clio 197
You live in barlick, they are going to be on you like a rash.

haha, you know barlick police then, i work in skipton and deal with the traffic police at work and they have all seen and know my car and never said anything about it.
may just change my plates and have done with it

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I got pulled before because the police thought I was my mate in a Saxo they were trying to pull 'because they heard my exhaust and saw my 3rd brake light my mates didn't have' I had a standard exhaust on and my mate was away lol

Abarth 595
hatersv.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i didnt realise that there was any law on how loud a car can be!!

surely thats a pretty easy law to enforce, if its loud, its loud!!

GTD, Lupo
I got pulled before because the police thought I was my mate in a Saxo they were trying to pull 'because they heard my exhaust and saw my 3rd brake light my mates didn't have' I had a standard exhaust on and my mate was away lol

and breathe!

What?

Megane 275 trophy006
I've been pulled a few times. most recent was 2 Monday's ago.
got to love the excuse 'because it's an old car late at night'
it was 2am and I was on the way home from work.
they always think I'm a bloke till they see me but I normally just have a good chat with them and I'm soon on my way.

you have to expect it when you drive one of 'those' type of cars.

Disastra Coupe
Yet to be pulled in the 172. Had it plenty of times when i was younger... You know what it's like when you're 17 and think you're Colin McRae.

End of the day, your plate's are illegal and i'm presuming you did pull off a bit quick? Just one of those thing's.... You did it, you should expect it.

I ran French pressed plate's on my Saxo as they didn't cost me anything (bought number plate off a friend) - i knew they were illegal and knew it was only a matter of time. 6 months later, got pulled so i paid the fine and swapped them. Wasn't bothered lol.

275 Trophy
didnt know wot section to put this in,

got pulled by the local police last night and so i got out of car and he procedded with the sins hes accusing me of, illegal exhaust, smaller number plate letters and speeding away from a junction, so i questioned him y he thought my exhaust was ilegal, he then said to me it was too noisey and it wasnt a standard exhaust so therefore illegal!!! he then just walked away and said "have a nice evening"

i have a k-tec stealth with the centre silencer in and know this isnt ilegal?

has anyone else had this

Was this in barlick then pal? I lived there until recently, and still work there (L&P) and have all of the ilegal things you mention but never been stopped for them.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I honestly don't understand why people get pulled unless your driving like a dick tbh. Ive had my Clio for 3 years, K&N, Ktec Stealth, Tinted rear windows, coilovers, non-standard alloys. And Ive yet (touch wood) to be stopped. The Police are about everywhere where I live, set up ANPR camera's, speed checks the lot. If you don't drive like a knob head you won't get stopped unless you have obvious illegalities tbh.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I got stopped a few weeks back, I asked the guy why and he told me my car was wanted in connection with a crime up north. When he radioed through, it wasn't my plate at all. He then came up with some rubbish about me speeding, which I definitely wasn't, because I'd just pulled out of a junction. He was just being a dick. Didn't even explain anything to me, just a complete arsehole. Unfortunately, the reason people these days don't respect the police is because there a lot of arsehole policeman.... Not all them by any means, but as with most things, the minority ruin things for the masses.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
You get pulled because of the way you drive, not because of the car you drive (unless you've made it silly).

Out of the VR6, VXR, ST and now the 182 I've not been pulled over once. I rarely change my driving just because there is a copper around either, but by the same token I do not drive like a cnut - there's a time and a place....

I thought the 182 would attract more attention, but nothing so far.

Stripped yozza'd cup
You get pulled because of the way you drive, not because of the car you drive (unless you've made it silly).

Out of the VR6, VXR, ST and now the 182 I've not been pulled over once. I rarely change my driving just because there is a copper around either, but by the same token I do not drive like a cnut - there's a time and a place....

Not sure I agree with that. I was driving very sensibly and still got pulled over. Police just get bored and want to pull people over. The young lad in an RS Clio is a prime target.

He seemed genuinely disappointed when everything was legal.

2004 182FF
Since passing my test at 17 I have driven a combination of mine, my dads, and work vehicles at length:

Clio 16v 1.2
Clio 182
Transit Connect
Toyota Prius
Golf GTI
Gold GTD
Range Rover Sport
Toyota Hilux

Never been pulled over, I'm now 22. I've always been legal and ANPR proof.... I'll probably get stick for this but it's down to driving like a dick that gets you pulled over, not the 'car' issue. Unless its got wings hanging off it and pumping bass.

Edit: And as an addition to that, I'm not scared of 130mph+, just a time and a place (ie quiet motorways) :).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've been pulled a few times. most recent was 2 Monday's ago.
got to love the excuse 'because it's an old car late at night'
it was 2am and I was on the way home from work.
they always think I'm a bloke till they see me but I normally just have a good chat with them and I'm soon on my way.

you have to expect it when you drive one of 'those' type of cars.

To be fair, it's a bright orange chavmobile. lol.

White clique
i had a 172, 182 and 197 for over 6 years and never got pulled once. It has nothing to do with the car, maybe to do with your age or a general problem with antisocial driving in your area. If they saw a granny driving a 182 that same copper wouldn't pull it over i suspect.

Qashcow

Disagree with that, got pulled over 15+ times iny saxo in 12months and never got a ticket, just another 'telling off'. Never been pulled over in the next 2 cars in 6 years for some reason, driving the same?

Ive never been pulled over, but I certainly did get alot more unwanted attention in the 172, than I do in the 200.

Police dont even give the 200 a second glance, whereas in the 172 I would get a full blown staring contest. It's a good job that I dont drive like prick and everything is as it should be.

Astra coupe t, nova
I had a nova Sr when I was 17, that used to get me pulled alot. Now i'm 28 and I still look 21, at 17 I must have looked like a 13 y/o lol

Octavia VRS LE
i never get pulled in the area i live in as allthe police see me around day in day out and have realised im not a knooob drivier lol. only got pulled for sidelights (twice) about 2 years ago, and when they do their winter drink driving schemes... other than that.... touch wood i dont get pulled

21 Turbo
ive failed cars on m.o.t with bad boy exhausts on, cus i can and im a cnut

Love it ;)

The amount of 'Im so innocent yet Ive been stopped' threads never cease to amaze me *sigh

If you had your car stolen, you'd want it stopped. They are doing a job and dont know you from Adam.....get out the car have a chat nicey nicey be on your way. All mods can be easily disguised with the help of a bit of charisma and some decent human being behaviour.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Never been pulled, but on the flip side works with police quite a bit, love telling them their tax is out of date & brake lights don't work, happens quite frequently to!

I've been pulled over quite alot. Not always driving like a dick either.

Got pulled one night by a panda car. The boy comes over and asks for my ID etc. so I hand it all over. The gf was in the passenger seat. He asks me to step out the car so I did. Next thing I'm slammed up against the rear 1/4 with my hands twisted up my back and he states 'you and the occupants of your car are being detained under the misuse of drugs act'.

Let's just say bricks were shat when my old man wound down the rear window and asked him what the f**k he was doing. I was back in the car and on my way in under a minute.

Clowns.

21 Turbo
I've been pulled over quite alot. Not always driving like a dick either.

Got pulled one night by a panda car. The boy comes over and asks for my ID etc. so I hand it all over. The gf was in the passenger seat. He asks me to step out the car so I did. Next thing I'm slammed up against the rear 1/4 with my hands twisted up my back and he states 'you and the occupants of your car are being detained under the misuse of drugs act'.

Let's just say bricks were shat when my old man wound down the rear window and asked him what the f**k he was doing. I was back in the car and on my way in under a minute.

Clowns.

'My Dads bigger than your Dad'

Judging by that post I'd suggest drugs have been misused somewhere and you need to go collect your prescription pal

Someone please close this thread.