ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 VS P2?!

J03

MX5 1.8
right am thinking of a new car, yes another clio BUT! the pics below are not actual cars.. ive photoshopped them abit, (sorry i dont know who own these cars but they look good, hope u dont mind. i think one was batmans) anyways am thinking of either gettin a 1.4 or preferably a 1.6. i need a bigger, high MPG car for uni, having already owned a clio once its natural its my first choice.

anyways i been in love with ph1s sports lately i think they look the buisness, so do the ph2 i already had a ph2.. euro modified. if i were to buy a base car, ( knowing am going to keep it for 3 years) am going to make them sport reps whichever.. but i cant decide!

the photoshops:

ph1:
ph1.jpg

ph2
:
DSC03163copy.jpg

hmmmm?

172 cup
like both but if its the euro look your going for the ph2 pulls it off better with its smoother lines

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
But you will spend more money modding another car then you will save in fuel, doesnt really make a great deal of sense.

ValverInBits
most people would say the Ph2 looks better and i think I might agree. But the Phase1 is where it's at. Lighter car is always a win

J03

MX5 1.8
But you will spend more money modding another car then you will save in fuel, doesnt really make a great deal of sense.

+ insurance am payin over 2k atm... i got a quote for a 1.6 for jus over 1k and 1.2 lower than 1k :)

J03

MX5 1.8
am not sure whether am wanting to go down the euro route again, but its a 70% chance, am in love with them rotas at the moment though..

C

Cupster

Both look nice in the PS's for me. I would go Ph2 as I couldn't live with Ph1 interior tbh

J03

MX5 1.8
lol yeah non rs ph1s i never really liked.. but i LOVE THIS PH1 though... ph1 sport with my old set of rims on it :) works so much better on PH1s.

dortmund0615.jpg

compared to:
my old car
idearideheight.jpg

J03

MX5 1.8
i havent either it looks soo good in black! i always see silver ones though, infact i hardly ever see ph1s (sports) now on the road

Clio MK 4
those wheels with red lip are mint. what are they? I think the ph2 pulls it off better. ph1 still looks awsome though

J03

MX5 1.8
rotas i think cnt remember what their called... if i were to go for PH2 id make it look exactly the same as that (with the wheels and ride height) as for the ph2, i could go for that look or euro.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
both look awesome! ph1 for me though!

I remember PMing the guy whos car it was to ask him what the wheels were. I think they are made by a company called redline. Only come in 17s though i think? :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ph2 always but it's because I don't like the interior in the ph1, very dated compared with ph2 I think.
Looks alone that ph1 is standing up f**king well!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ph1 by a country mile for me, think I've been swayed by owning one though. As for the interior, I like it more than any other car in my family and that's not biased, it's so much more comfortable.

Ph1 looks great until you scroll down and see the Ph2. Probably one of the cleverest facelifts on a car ever IMO. It just looks so good even today.

I like the P1 172 looks with the xenons but they (all Phase 1s) have a slight "gormless" look to them.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
PH2 everyday of the week for me mate, good Chop skills though!

I like both style on both cars, but the Ph1 headlights dont quite press my buttons.

Adz :D