ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 VS P2?!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Phase 1... without those wheels .. they don't suit the curvy lines of the car.

Plus I know that phase 1 has just had the wheels refurbished and looks so much better than when that pic was taken !

PS. It's mine :eek:

Charged Superleggera
there is someone on here(mikey1234) who is selling a black ph1 1.4 already with a rear sports bumper.

J03

MX5 1.8
ha thanks for all the opinions guys, i have whacky mod ideas for both cars already i just really cant decide.. though ppl mentioning the gormless look is turning my thoughts round.,, it does look kinda gormless in a way... lol i still love the sport ph1 though..,

only reason am having doubts is that my PH2 04 was full of problems, i must of spent around 2k FIXING IT! whilst my friends PH1 2000 model didnt have any problems at all he says and hes only fixed a bearing on the rear thats it... the interior looks kind of funky in the ph1 i think, its much more bubble but it does have that cheap plasticy feel to it... i stil cant decide.. and thevilgiraffe ur black PH1 is the best ive ever seen along with MIDDOs yellow sub

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
^ Thanks !

Where are you based, J03 (Joe?!) ?

Here's a pic I took last night ..:

3234468897_795c75d83f_o.jpg

J03

MX5 1.8
mmm i really love that!!!!

am based in yorkshire pal! cars off road atm cuz i cnt afford to keep it running when am at uni.. mainly due to payin excessive insurance every month..

you?

They both look cool in black! There are lots of non-looks reasons to consider between phases...

I bought a ph1 RS because it was cheaper - to buy (older), to tax (old system, rather than emissions based), and very very slightly cheaper on fuel (lighter car, longer gearbox - but really depends how you drive).

Ph2 has advantages such as a better interior, and higher spec elsewhere, and the car will be newer in general.

If cost is a main concern, then MPG is not the only thing to think about (in fact over 10k miles it won't make more than 200 quid difference).

Think about depreciation (a more expensive car stands to lose more money every year), tax (the new system does not favour big engines!), and insurance (I'm an old fart so it doesn't cost me much, but 20 year olds seem to pay big bucks to insure a RS clio).

Just my 2p - ignore me if you like!

PH2 Joe, hands down! After owning a ph2 non-sport, the ph1 non-sport will probably feel a lot more dated.

J03

MX5 1.8
They both look cool in black! There are lots of non-looks reasons to consider between phases...

I bought a ph1 RS because it was cheaper - to buy (older), to tax (old system, rather than emissions based), and very very slightly cheaper on fuel (lighter car, longer gearbox - but really depends how you drive).

Ph2 has advantages such as a better interior, and higher spec elsewhere, and the car will be newer in general.

If cost is a main concern, then MPG is not the only thing to think about (in fact over 10k miles it won't make more than 200 quid difference).

Think about depreciation (a more expensive car stands to lose more money every year), tax (the new system does not favour big engines!), and insurance (I'm an old fart so it doesn't cost me much, but 20 year olds seem to pay big bucks to insure a RS clio).

Just my 2p - ignore me if you like!

true... insurance thing is rediculous for young drivers... but i jsut want a bigger roomier hatchback car.. the 1.8 convertible is not suited for everyday driving really...

PH2 Joe, hands down! After owning a ph2 non-sport, the ph1 non-sport will probably feel a lot more dated.

i know i know.. lol i just cant decide though... id love both as sports tbh but thats not going to happen, got a quote fo 3k for sport insurance haha

BG 182 FF
Love them both normally like ph2's abit more but would say the ph1 judging from them pics m8y:)

J03

MX5 1.8
lol thanks for all the replies guys but its not really helping is it haha glad you all like them though.. time will tell in a few months :)

Turbos.
I thought the PH1 looked good then saw the PH2 and it stole the show!

Some good points with regards to running costs and depreciation... seems odd that you are looking to save £1k but the mods are surely going to be far beyond that...? I'd work out the difference between running a 172 and a 1.4./1.6 for a year as i'm sure its closer than you're thinking when you factor in the modifications...

J03

MX5 1.8
I thought the PH1 looked good then saw the PH2 and it stole the show!

Some good points with regards to running costs and depreciation... seems odd that you are looking to save £1k but the mods are surely going to be far beyond that...? I'd work out the difference between running a 172 and a 1.4./1.6 for a year as i'm sure its closer than you're thinking when you factor in the modifications...

wel am saving 1k on insurance but then am going to have that money for mods rather than paying insurance + mods on top, like i said insurance for a sport is over 3k..

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ph2,Ph3, Ph2,Ph3,
Ph2,Ph3, Ph2,Ph3,
Ph2,Ph3, Ph2,Ph3,
Ph2,Ph3, Ph2,Ph3,
Ph2,Ph3, Ph2,Ph3,
Ph2,Ph3, Ph2,Ph3,