ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Nissan 350z
Downloaded this and racked up a couple of hours at the weekend. My biggest gripe is with the interface and the way it diplays EVERY notification!

Dark room/corridor, only light sources are flashlights and dim overhead lighting then BAM
"You achieved spawn banner" across the top of your screen in huge writing. "SomeGuyXXX spawned on you: +10" in blue writing beneath. "You helped surpress SomeOtherGuy: +50" "Kill Assist on SomeOtherGuy +50".

Not to mention the green/orange/white font scrolling through everyone elses kills.

It just gets alittle overwheling at times, is it possible to tone this bling stuff down at all so its not so in your face ruining the mood?

Bumder With A Buffer
Christ Im not too good at battlefield but just went 20-6 after joining as we were attacking the 2nd mcom base.

Integra Type-R DC2
Just got 49-22 defending. The RPG is such an ace weapon when you know how to drop a rocket right on the floor, just past a corner with a group of enemies around it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
My RPG accuracy is well over 50%. lol it's lethal. I often just send one into that room above the escalators when attacking. Gets quite a few kills.

I have never played Battlefield games before and absolutely love this.

Massively more realistic than COD, much more tactical as well which I like. None of the bullshit run-and-gun like COD.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I hated BF2, but this seems quite good!
Enjoyed playing it tbh.

Bit s**t as i've never been into BF :eek:

Might get this and COD

Audi TTS S Tronic
I hate utter noobs who don't use RPG. You think you're gonna clear a room with 1 mag from your gun?

Shoot then change to RPG then to side arm = room empty.

Swift shot from the mc870 in each head of the opposition = clear room

Hate RPGers!

Yesterday, ran in to a room, 3 swift headshots with my shotgun = triple kill :D

Where's the skill in firing an RPG into an enclosed space?

Exactly... may as well chuck a grenade in

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Where's the skill in firing an RPG into an enclosed space?

It's a computer game it takes no skill to do anything.

Surely the point is to use all of your load out and maximise points.

You probably hate them cos you're choosing your spawns wrong. That's your problem not people who use a weapon they have.

Sunny
Played some of this over the weekend and its extremely buggy, but nontheless looks like its going to be an ace game!

when a random RPG streaks down the Metro tube...lighting up as it goes....awesome

AK

M240i
It's a computer game it takes no skill to do anything.

Surely the point is to use all of your load out and maximise points.

You probably hate them cos you're choosing your spawns wrong. That's your problem not people who use a weapon they have.

Yeah, that's it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The whole game takes no skill. simple.What you think if you're good at BF that you'd be an awesome soldier in real life. Games are made so everyone can play. There's no skill in holding a button and pressing another.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I never claimed anyone did. I was using the soldier as a real skill in life and a computer game as a way of just having fun.
Doesn't matter what ya use aslong as you're having fun. I sometimes just use my knife only for a laugh or just a pistol and ya still get people like AK calling you a noob for killing them.

AK

M240i
I never called you a n00b for using a pistol or knife.

I said you're a n00b for firing an RPG into an enclosed space.

Ya.

Impressed. My PC didn't like it too much, will have to upgrade sometime soon. It was still better than playing it on a console though, aiming with dildos don't do it for me.

They don't give you an rpg just too sit there and look pretty! I'm pretty sure they use them is real life too... Or do they just have them to indicate that they are noobs? ;-) anyway I'm s**t at this game. Where does the laser sight come from? I want one lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Impressed. My PC didn't like it too much, will have to upgrade sometime soon. It was still better than playing it on a console though, aiming with dildos don't do it for me.

;)

Serious question though. Please, please, PLEASE tell me that BF3 doesn't come with an auto-aim or aim-assist tickbox? That will proper feck me off.

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I never claimed anyone did. I was using the soldier as a real skill in life and a computer game as a way of just having fun.
Doesn't matter what ya use aslong as you're having fun. I sometimes just use my knife only for a laugh or just a pistol and ya still get people like AK calling you a noob for killing them.

I think you're the most argumentative person I've ever known. LOL

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Although I enjoyed the beta, I've stopped playing it as it's pretty pointless having your stats reset anyway.

I know what we'll be getting come the end if the month, so that's pleasing.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick blast on this today (PS3). Really impressed with it once I got used to the map and the style of play. Didn't play the last one online as my internet connection was awful but was playing with people who seemed to know what they were doing and not just running and gunning at everyone.

Glad I pre-ordered this. Looking forward to the campaign too.

Integra Type-R DC2
Saw a guy on level 40 earlier. Rediculous.

Also, re the RPG debate. If your going to bunch up around a corner and spawn your mates in, im hardly liable to charge round and maybe kill 2 of you before I get skull f**ked. Ill use the RPG to clear the corner, then charge in and mop up.

Anyone who "hates" a well utilized bit of kit on a video game is butt hurt.

Audi TTS S Tronic
27!

I've seen f**kers with no numbers just eagles! lvl 45-50 probs.

Oh blimey... I'm level 25 :/ ... haha!

You are asking "why"... I'm playing quite a bit to get used to the game ... thus giving me a "head start"

Could ask why people prestige on COD... ;)