ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Love it. only got an hour in so far cos I gotta be up at 7am but i can't wait for the full game.

I do not like the delay between pressing "deploy" and actually spawning. Also annoying that I cant seem to access the chat feature while dead. And my gun sights keep breaking meaning I need to switch weapon - not practical in a firefight

All very minor things though - this game is great. Doesn't feel like BC2 that much tbh, nor BF2. It's somewhere in between.

Now I just need a new graphics card. Anyone wanna buy a 5770 512mb? :/

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Love it. only got an hour in so far cos I gotta be up at 7am but i can't wait for the full game.

I do not like the delay between pressing "deploy" and actually spawning. Also annoying that I cant seem to access the chat feature while dead. And my gun sights keep breaking meaning I need to switch weapon - not practical in a firefight

All very minor things though - this game is great. Doesn't feel like BC2 that much tbh, nor BF2. It's somewhere in between.

Now I just need a new graphics card. Anyone wanna buy a 5770 512mb? :/

All the stupid s**t like guns glitching will be sorted in the main game id imagine!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Just been playing it for the first time tonight, really enjoying it so far! Will get bored of the one map, but it's only a beta so can't complain.

Love knifing someone, it's so much fun to do!

Mk2 ph1 clio
I'm loving this game so far! Cant wait for the full version!

I'm level 15, almost 16 now and have most the attachments for all the weapons I have so far! I'm just about to unlock the sks sniper rifle! Which looks pretty deadly!

also...I'm getting like 5-6 knife kills per round its so bloody addictive just to see that glorious animation! Haha

Giulietta 940
I've just downloaded the beta. Add me on Origin, my name is stelfasasen. All my usual names were taken :(

Clio 1.2 16v
I'm loving this game so far! Cant wait for the full version!

I'm level 15, almost 16 now and have most the attachments for all the weapons I have so far! I'm just about to unlock the sks sniper rifle! Which looks pretty deadly!

also...I'm getting like 5-6 knife kills per round its so bloody addictive just to see that glorious animation! Haha

The arm OK then mate? im on early shifts for the next few days so il be on but not stupidly late

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't get enough of it... it's going to be hard to split my play between this and Forza 4 now! FFS.

I'm not even bothering with MW3 now either. I played that two years ago.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just had 4 or so games on this. Was a bit meh at first but the more you play, the more you unlock and it's pretty damn good, if a bit buggy. Looking forward to the full game.

S3, Polo
I've loved it for the brief time I played it last night.

Issues for me:
Sometimes I can't aim down the sights - when this happens, I can't run either? Switch weapon or reload sorts it.
Flashing screen (red, green and blue)
I also died next to an objective. When I respawned, I still had the option to arm the bomb (which I promptly did!).

Observations:
It's pretty hardcore (1-2 hit kills).Less destruction than BC2, but faster pace.
Reviving a team-mate requires more precision and less distance than in BC2 (makes the process harder, which I find more fun/ tense).

All in all - I'm really looking forward to this!

AK

M240i
They reduced the destruction for the beta.

And I'm confident 99% of your other points will be sorted in the final release.

It'll be a much better game when I can play on Hardcode :D!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Spiezels, have you got a flashlight?

You've not made it till you've got one, apparently.

Aye level 20 I think mate so got all that s**t.

I must be on about 25-30 Chris but not sure how to check.

Knifing is ace!

Fabia VRS
Beta is pretty epic! i hope the bolt action snipers will be better mind!
I do think il play this more than mw3

Mk2 ph1 clio
tactical lights are a pain when your squad flash you in the face while sniping!

dress me shoulder is fooked but loaded up on ibuprofen its manageable ..just gotta hide and wait when I lose feeling lol

I'm looking forward to unlocking the SKS sniper rifle I'm not keen on the sv98 even with the straight pull bolt its slow and sluggish!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What's with the levels/rank? Seems like you lot are flying through the numbers? On BC2 it took years to progress up a rank higher up?

Not too happy to read Nero's comment about less destruction than BC2 - boo. :(

Same as Chris on this - MW3 can well and truly feck off. Unless I see it in the bargain bin in 2013 and fancy attempting the single player campaign.

D.

Fabia VRS
I think the ranking is ok tbh, i ranked up rather easy on 2. and seem to be doing simmilar on 3?

Dont you think that the destruction will differ between maps? (online)

Fiesta ST-2
Maybe the xp required is less for the beta because of the short time it's going to be running? Just to give everyone a chance to try all the guns/equipment?

Fabia VRS
Maybe the xp required is less for the beta because of each short time it's going to be running? Just to give everyone a chance to try all the guns/equipment?

+ it is a beta, Maybe they will change a few things and make the ranking harder in the game

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
tactical lights are a pain when your squad flash you in the face while sniping!

dress me shoulder is fooked but loaded up on ibuprofen its manageable ..just gotta hide and wait when I lose feeling lol

I'm looking forward to unlocking the SKS sniper rifle I'm not keen on the sv98 even with the straight pull bolt its slow and sluggish!

Dredz I hope you know that your new name from now on ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What's with the levels/rank? Seems like you lot are flying through the numbers? On BC2 it took years to progress up a rank higher up?

Not too happy to read Nero's comment about less destruction than BC2 - boo. :(

Same as Chris on this - MW3 can well and truly feck off. Unless I see it in the bargain bin in 2013 and fancy attempting the single player campaign.

D.

Lv11

351 SPM

Flashlight.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just had another go, I just cant get into it. Feels all wrong to me, I know it's a beta but it seems like it's not even half way finished. Definately not the game I thought it was going to be based on the hype and trailers I've seen.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I dont understand where some comments are coming from. its exactly like bc2 with improved graphics and content. WTF were you expecting?

I'm going to download this tonight and give it a whirl. Never played any Battlefield game before so will be interesting to try it out :)

Nimbus Megane R26
The sniper glare is stupid! Its impossible to stay hidden, i find myself with pistol most of time as sniper then quick switch to rifle and back to pistol so i dont get spotted

RS250 Megane
Really enjoying this.

Yes, they're a few issues but the gameplay is solid IMO. Sounds are superb through my Turtle Beach, feels proper intense.

One major issue is I keep getting the error around connection to EA, and randomly getting booted. But when I'm actually in the game it's quality. Love switching between single shot and burst on the M16. Actual beast with that weapon.

Integra Type-R DC2
The sniper glare is stupid! Its impossible to stay hidden, i find myself with pistol most of time as sniper then quick switch to rifle and back to pistol so i dont get spotted

Your saying that after playing a fairly linear city map. Not really sniper territory. Wait until you get on a nice open conquest map.