ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Quite enjoyed the blast i've had so far. It definitely is one of those games, the more you play the better you get. Was the same with BFBC2.

Can't wait for the full game!

1.8 Civic EX
Yeah I did mate. Got up to level 5 I think and called it a day. I know the score and what to expect so there was little point playing on.

Prefer a few things from BC2, the character selection and customisation screens for a start, seemed far simpler than BF3. I'm sure it will be fine in the full game though. Conquest will be awesome.

Agreed on the kit selections etc, confused me a fair bit. I only got to level 4, that was all I needed to convince me I'm defoing going to get it :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
the beta has now closed, i knew it would be off today anyway

i'm thinking of just getting this off Amazon

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My pre-order is with Amazon and has been for months now.

Tempted to go with Shopto again but TBH I'm away on the 28th anyway so no big deal.

Being a BF newbie, if there are only sqauds of 4, how many people are on one map at one time? Just two squads of four, or lots more? (sexbox360)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
2 teams of 12.

Squads of 4 (squads are who you can spawn off)

Oh and talk too if you're on PS3 us 360 owners have party chat.

2 teams of 12.

Squads of 4 (squads are who you can spawn off)

Oh and talk too if you're on PS3 us 360 owners have party chat.

Sweet, cheers! I didnt get time to play the Beta much so really had no idea of whats what! Still going to pre-order though!

Mk2 ph1 clio
just image if you had a bigger squad on the other team though, you couldn't wipe out a full squad as quick as you can with a squad of 4 so they would just keep respawning in your face!

can't wait for the full fat version to come out! For those that didn't unlock much .. Here's what I found out and liked!

Assault rifles have 5 different scopes to suit your position on the map or lighting conditions! Red dot sight, holographic, 4x Acog, IVx1R (thermal) and a 6x rifle scope which is deadly when you use the rifles on single shot! M16 with the 6x is a death machine! Also with that scope you can hold your breath like sniper rifles!

C4 doesn't affect the mcom stations, that ive seen and I've used a lot of c4 near them!, so defense if the best time to use c4, put 3 on each mcom and when you hear that either has been armed pull the trigger on it and voila ! Nice clear mcom for you to defuse and get a few (or 5! :p) kills in the process!

The EOD Bot gadget as an engineer is a useful tool not just because you can arm and defuse mcom stations but you can repair vehicles with it or destroy them! It can kill people by either using its repair tool or ... Wait for it... Road kill! Lol its like a mini johnny 5! No disassemble!

The squad "perks" are awesome! I've used them all so far and it looks like if all four of you use different ones you really have an advantage like extra ammo, explosives, sprint and flak! It looks like they all work together and really benefit the squad!

Lasers are epic on sniper rifles! If you notice you've been spotted by the enemy just turn it on and point it at his face! He can't see a thing! Just pull the trigger and take the kill! Unless you have to compensate for bullet drop!

anyways that's my thoughts on it so far! I got to level 34 before it ended and it looks like a "prestige" system is in place though as I seen a few level 10's with a weird rank emblem which would explain why it takes so little to level up compared to BC2!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Agree with all of that Geordie bar the EOD bot as i stopped on lvl 25 or something (work commitments)

Would also add try using the sniper rifles with iron sights... ACE!

Skoda Fabia vRS
can someone please explain to me what i should be doing when playing BF3 ?

when i played the beta i didnt really know what was going on, 2 squads ?.......only at the end i figured i could spawn near team mates, should i be doing this, nobody on any game i played seemed to use their mic/headset, except a few people who were streaming background noise !

i just didnt see any 'team' play

i think ill pre order and give it the benefit of the doubt as im a bit fed up of COD now, but i just hope its better than the beta was

Integra Type-R DC2
can someone please explain to me what i should be doing when playing BF3 ?

when i played the beta i didnt really know what was going on, 2 squads ?.......only at the end i figured i could spawn near team mates, should i be doing this, nobody on any game i played seemed to use their mic/headset, except a few people who were streaming background noise !

i just didnt see any 'team' play

i think ill pre order and give it the benefit of the doubt as im a bit fed up of COD now, but i just hope its better than the beta was

Your playing with randomers, so no one bothers with mic's.

You need to give this game some time, once you have learnt the maps and have some mates to play with its way more enjoyable.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The squads are only four players for a reason. It'd unbalance the game if squads were larger.

6-player squads have been used in the past and work really well - Battlefield 2142 being a prime example of that. Four player squads are good, but I prefer the larger ones. However, you need maps sufficient in size to back them up!

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I think with the size of the console maps and the fact it's teams of 12, squads of 4 are fine, if they were 6 as you say I think you'd find teams bunching too much on larger maps when spawning off each other.

4 is ideal for me anyway.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think with the size of the console maps and the fact it's teams of 12, squads of 4 are fine, if they were 6 as you say I think you'd find teams bunching too much on larger maps when spawning off each other.

4 is ideal for me anyway.

So there's no 64-player maps now? This isn't progress - we're bloody going backwards! ;)

D.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Oh, forgot to mention on the EOD bot... you can delivery supplies with it too! .. Ammo or med kits! place it on the EOD bot and drive to a teammate thats pinned down, too far for you to run etc etc and the box stays on the bot perfectly!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
:cool:

The console versions of Battlefield 3 will never be able to hold up graphically to the game running on a high-end PC, but EA have announced that an optional install will be available to get it looking it as pretty as possible on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

The Xbox 360 version wil ship on 2 discs. The first disc contains the multiplayer, co-op and high resolution texture pack, and the second disc the single player campaign. You can pop disc 2 in and play straight away, but installing the texture pack from disc one first will cache higher resolution textures on you hard drive that will be loaded in place on the ones that stream directly from the disc. The PS3 version works much the same way, but of course all of the content will ship on a singular Blu-ray.

There are no comparison shots available as of yet, but it’s nice that EA is offering this option. This seems to be a trend with last week’s Rage offering a similar option.