ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please!!!

MK1 monster
Who would you recommend to do engine work on my clio?
1. k-tec
2. bb tuning
3. prima racing
4 or awt?
Im so confused!!!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
AWT all the way ronee. Beleive me on this one..If not yozza sport.

What work you having done?

MK1 monster
well im having the head ported polished and gas flowed, cams, superchip, vernier pulleys and other little bits they gave me a quote and reacon the work i want done will take the car to nearly 200bhp so cheers for letting me know about them!
i wasnt sure about going to k-tec anyway coz they dont have a rolling road so its guna cost me more coz il have to take it powerstation after!

LY 200
200 bhp from an F7P without tb's or a turbo isnt likely.......160/165 would better target imo.

MK1 monster
200 bhp from an F7P without tb's or a turbo isnt likely.......160/165 would better target imo.

ive been guaranted that my clio will push nearly 200bhp its about 155 now its got a willy engine, full de-cat system and a stainless 4 branch manifold.

RenaultSport 197
well im having the head ported polished and gas flowed, cams, superchip, vernier pulleys and other little bits they gave me a quote and reacon the work i want done will take the car to nearly 200bhp so cheers for letting me know about them!
i wasnt sure about going to k-tec anyway coz they dont have a rolling road so its guna cost me more coz il have to take it powerstation after!

45 brake from all that on 1.8?
Hmm..

personnally i would advise the closest one . they're have all been used by someone or other . there are others also not been mentioned in your list but have appeared/recommended by others .

listen to ppl's advice as well , some do know what they are talking about even if it comes across nasty . gather all info be you decide , also read technical sections on mods if you can to advise what best for you and car ;)

MK1 monster
cheers but they are all about the same distance from me give or take half hour or so! i am taking in all the info im given i just wanted ppls advice i want to spend my money wisely!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ronee go on www.williamsclio.co.uk and ask the question on there. Alot of people have used AWT and got the results. Ben really knows his stuff!

Theyre all mk1 dedicated fans so you wont get gay replies like kully's!

LY 200

ive been guaranted that my clio will push nearly 200bhp its about 155 now its got a willy engine, full de-cat system and a stainless 4 branch manifold.

Right that may be the case then. I was just going by what was below your avatar :)

Ronee go on www.williamsclio.co.uk and ask the question on there. Alot of people have used AWT and got the results. Ben really knows his stuff!

Silly comments!?

There are people on here who know what there on about too Tom.......Some if not most have had the 1.8 and 2.0 engines prior to 172s/182's so will know about tuning. If you want to be told what you want to here rather than the truth by all means trot over to williamsclio!!! ;)

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

you didn't read my post before , so kiss ma azz

I did read your post before but itsstill ghey. If lidl was the closest supermarket to you would you do all your shopping there...;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Jay so you dont think kullys comment is a bit silly?

And i wouldnt say most on here have had 2.0l's! But i would say that on wc. Maybe u have, as have i.

Loads of people think k-tec are the best place in the world. Yeah they are a good company for off the shelf parts and their service is good but i wouldnt say they were the best tuner in terms of results.

you didn't read my post before , so kiss ma azz

I did read your post before but itsstill ghey. If lidl was the closest supermarket to you would you do all your shopping there...;)

who's talking about lidl ......in comparison we're talking about asda , tesco ,morrisons , not the corner shops :rasp:

2nd point she asked for my opinion , not asked about your opinion on my opinion , she will take the inof she gets and decide herself .

3rd point why are we arguing again cos i told her to but another car ....still my opinion

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

who's talking about lidl ......in comparison we're talking about asda , tesco ,morrisons , not the corner shops :rasp:

Yes but are we? I'd say from what i have seen that you'll get much better results with AWT or Yozza. Not a off the shelf setup from K-tec

LY 200

And i wouldnt say most on here have had 2.0l's! But i would say that on wc. Maybe u have, as have i.

Loads of people think k-tec are the best place in the world. Yeah they are a good company for off the shelf parts and their service is good but i wouldnt say they were the best tuner in terms of results.

Maybe so but i always found most of what was said on said place very fictional but thats just a personal opinion when i had my 1.8/2.0 mk1.

Theres plenty of williams, hybrid and valver owners on here past and present.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Maybe so but i always found most of what was said on said place very fictional but thats just a personal opinion when i had my 1.8/2.0 mk1.

So whats your advice then mate....;)

With all having their own good points and bad points , ppl will recommend them or not , ppl will fight to say the other is best , ppl will not recommend others as they've had a bad running with a certain company , i cant advise which is best so advise for the closet company from your best list as when it goes wrong you wont have far to go .

this is my opinion only and i know ppl wouldn't agree but if all are good , which way will you swing , if distance is not an option then i'd go to yozzasport , but again another opinion , i've heard good reviews from there too .

LY 200

So whats your advice then mate....;)

Lol i merely stated my opinion mate thinking the thread starter still had a 1.8 16v and believed she would get 200bhp witout tb's or a turbo......I know and you know thats not gonna happen!!! ;)

I cant advise on who she should go to for tuning as iv never used any of the companies in question so im in no place to comment. TeamThinks engineer converted mine to a 2.0.

cup 182 mit stripes
Good advice from kully about going to nearest tuner. These full house conversions usually come with inherent issues that need to be addressed sooner or later.

Clio 1.8 16v
Hi,

Well i'll try not to get involved in the arguement of whether or not you'll get 200BHP out of your vehicle. We have done a Williams to 192BHP on a rolling road without the addition of any shelving but similar modifications to those you are looking at! I should also point out that although we don't have our own Rolling Road we do have access to one 4 miles from OUR OWN workshops.

We have a proven track record at Tuner GP, I'd suggest you give us a call and we'd be happy to talk to you about options, prices and expectations.