ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please!!!

LY 200
Your original quote was a question he asked me so i thought it was aimed at me.....My bad.

MK1 monster
Hi,

Well i'll try not to get involved in the arguement of whether or not you'll get 200BHP out of your vehicle. We have done a Williams to 192BHP on a rolling road without the addition of any shelving but similar modifications to those you are looking at! I should also point out that although we don't have our own Rolling Road we do have access to one 4 miles from OUR OWN workshops.

We have a proven track record at Tuner GP, I'd suggest you give us a call and we'd be happy to talk to you about options, prices and expectations.

i appreciate your reply to my thread i have been in contact with you about the work i want carried out and i was told id only expect about 175bhp when other companies have told me different. it already has a stainless 4 branch KTR 4 branch manifold, de-cat, power boost valve and a piper viper kit also supplied by yourselves. i was just a bit concerned that you didnt have a rolling road and i want it chipped.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Were gonna take 'pam' 2 santa pod when shes rebuilt gonna beat your time!!!

Yeah yeah! Did you not here what happened when my old clio came up against pam when Si had it.....;)

Anyway, i'm going to take the sx there. I've got 13.5 to beat...:)

MK1 monster
you know pam will kick your ass its got my lovely mark driving it this time!! and he really pushes it to the limits (well not at the mo as the bottom end has gone and sounds like a tractor!) should be going to graham goodes to be rebuilt!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why doesnt he rebuild it himself? We'll have to wait and see i guess! As said, 14.1 to beat. :)

As for the beating the sx.....no chance! ;)

MK1 monster
to be honest he cant be bothered to rebuild it himself and he hasnt got the time. as for beating you as long as pam gets grip we will b well away! what bhp is the sx?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Fair do's! Lazy b*****d! lol! Like i said we'll wait and see...It is a quick rs i'll give you that but to get a 14 sec 1/4 he'll have to do very well...

The sx has 240bhp @ the rear wheels so about 290 @ the fly? Faster than most scoobs, evo's etc once rolling....off the mark its obviously not as quick as the 4x4's..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
well pam has 197 bhp and about 350ft lbs god knows how but weve got it in black and white!

Well i think we both know thats wrong...lol

350nm maybe? Thats what some RR's measure torque in? That would be about 250ft lbs

MK1 monster
no seriously it says it on a printout we have from powerstation! coz we both thought it wasnt right but it is!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
AWT will do a good job....not sure what Yozzasport offer for the mk1's tbh :S Similar mods to the ones you've described have made 197bhp on GazTwo's hybrid so you should get roundabout that figure.

I would not go to BB/K-tec.....

MK1 monster
AWT will do a good job....not sure what Yozzasport offer for the mk1's tbh :S Similar mods to the ones you've described have made 197bhp on GazTwo's hybrid so you should get roundabout that figure.

I would not go to BB/K-tec.....

can i just ask you why you wouldnt go to k-tec or bb? i just want as much info as poss!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
no seriously it says it on a printout we have from powerstation! coz we both thought it wasnt right but it is!

Ok i'll take your word for it....haha!

Notorius's car is a awt beast. Currently the fastest n/a mk1 isnt it martin?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I believe so Tom yeah...Clio Girl I think big companies like KTR & BB are more interested in the £££ than getting good results....and none of the proven quick cars have come from KTR/BB.

For proven results go to Nick Hill @ Hillpower or Ben at AWT IMO

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. Martin i found out that my old car had been to Nick Hill once or twice. Hence the 14.1 i think! lol

MK1 monster
I believe so Tom yeah...Clio Girl I think big companies like KTR & BB are more interested in the £££ than getting good results....and none of the proven quick cars have come from KTR/BB.

For proven results go to Nick Hill @ Hillpower or Ben at AWT IMO

im pretty sure im going to use awt i dont really want to use hillpower i could go on forever getting quotes and different opinions in all fairness the only person that seemed truly helpful was ben at awt he explained very clearly what he would do and gave me other suggestions which are all noted! what bhp is your clio? how come you didnt opt for a turbo like everyone else? to get your power.

Silly comments!?

There are people on here who know what there on about too Tom.......Some if not most have had the 1.8 and 2.0 engines prior to 172s/182's so will know about tuning. If you want to be told what you want to here rather than the truth by all means trot over to williamsclio!!! ;)

The lads and lasses over on WC have a damn site better knowledge on the F7 series engines than people on here full stop, I'd have thought that was pretty obvious as ALL the fastest Mk1 Clio are on there... in fact all the fastest 2.0 N/A Clio's are on there. Fact, not fiction.

Companies with the best results have been:

AWT with Martin's car, that ran a 13.4 @ 103 iirc when Mehdi had it. Full ITB setup with cams, stand alone management etc etc

Hill Power with Martin's old hybrid, that ran a 13.8 SQM. Was stripped to the balls, but still a very impressive time none the less.

GDI - the infamous Nana ran a 14.1 on standard rev limit, was running 185bhp in that trim, but has since had headwork and been mapped on the RR again to 7'400 iirc, so running 197bhp I think.

Other people like 2 live have done all the work themselves to their car and he was the first person to crack a 14.0 dead with only the back bench and spare wheel removed.

It's up to you, but I've only taken my Clio's to a couple of people. I've had work done by BenR @ AWT (when I had the Williams) and Andy @ GDI (for my ITB'd 17poo). Ric Wood is also very good, but prolly a bit too far from you being near Manchester.

Just to add, this following thread gives an indication of where all the quickest cars are being produced... there's a distinct pattern ;)

http://cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=195389&page=2