ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

No good fella , do i need to phone o2 ?

Not had an iPhone before, just seeing if i get on with it today, do i need to activate something ?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Go to settings - general - network - cell data network

Apn: idata.o2.co.uk
username: vertigo
Password: password

Thats the contract settings ive got.

Check see if you have them settings?

Last edited:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
hmmm dunno then im afraid.... i thought you was going to say PAYG which on all 3 of them ive had, ive had the same error and had to change the network settings.

sorted

cellular data

Apn: mobile.o2.co.uk

mms

Apn: wap.o2.co.uk

BMW E46 330i Touring
Mine did that a while ago but it was just o2 being crap for a few hours, sorted itself out.

Have you got the most recent firmware?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Just been looking at composite video out leads for the iphone, but it says it's not compatible with OS 3.0, does this mean you can't have video out on OS 3.0> or is there another lead, or patch or something?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Done some research (googled it) and apparently Apple use a chipped lead so it will only work with their, massively overpriced, cable.

What a f**kin liberty!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Weird one here but does anyboday's battery die like in hours,

It was fully charged this morning @ 4 when i left the house, and by 11.30 it was down to 2%,

i only used it for 40mins to listen to chris moyles podcast, surely this wouldnt die the phone, Wi-fi is off, so cant be that :S , is there a way to do Task Manager? to see whats running in the background?

Citroen DS3 White
Weird one here but does anyboday's battery die like in hours,

It was fully charged this morning @ 4 when i left the house, and by 11.30 it was down to 2%,

i only used it for 40mins to listen to chris moyles podcast, surely this wouldnt die the phone, Wi-fi is off, so cant be that :S , is there a way to do Task Manager? to see whats running in the background?

There is a thread somewhere on here about something similar. E-Mail settings trying to connect all the time I think was the issue...

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive Just bought Logmein ignition with it being on offer.

Logmein allowing me to remotely access my machine which works well.

The problem Ive got is i normally but my machine to sleep.The logmein app wont wake the machine up.

Ive bought another app on the app store called iWOL which allows me to remotely wake the machine.

Ive set the correct setting in the BIOS and set the network card to wake with a magic packet.

The iWOL apps asking me for the following which i think ive got correct.

NAME.....main machine
MAC Address.....Mac address for the network adapter
HOST.....IP given from my ISP
PORT.....7
LAN BROADCAST.....Off

From the instructions given Ive got to forward port 7 to the LAN IP of my machine...Can anyone tell me how i find the LAN IP of my machine?

Many thanks

DMS

A thirsty 172
The LAN IP address is simply the IP address of your computer on your internal network.
Open a command prompt and type ipconfig on your computer. It'll give you the IP.

Make sure it's UDP port 7 you forward as well. Although WOL should work over any transport or network layer protocol, it's normally sent as a UDP datagram these days.

EDIT: Also, make sure you configure the MAC address to be the MAC address of your internal computer.
The magic packet is a frame made up of 6 bytes of 1's followed by 16 repetitions of your PC's MAC address. If the MAC address doesn't match, your network card will ignore it and won't wake the computer.

Last edited:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
The LAN IP address is simply the IP address of your computer on your internal network.
Open a command prompt and type ipconfig on your computer. It'll give you the IP.

Make sure it's UDP port 7 you forward as well. Although WOL should work over any transport or network layer protocol, it's normally sent as a UDP datagram these days.

Ok thanks....Is it the default gateway IP or the IPv4 Address?

Edit:Its the mac address for the Ethernet adapter isn't it?

Last edited:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Ok thanks....Is it the default gateway IP or the IPv4 Address?

Edit:Its the mac address for the Ethernet adapter isn't it?

It's the IPv4 address. The default gateway is the default route the computer takes to get to networks not otherwise specified in the routing table.

And yes, it's the MAC address for your computer's ethernet adapter. Type ipconfig /all into a command prompt to find it.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
It's the IPv4 address. The default gateway is the default route the computer takes to get to networks not otherwise specified in the routing table.

And yes, it's the MAC address for your computer's ethernet adapter. Type ipconfig /all into a command prompt to find it.

Works a treat

I was putting in default gateway:eek:

Thanks alot fella

BMW F21 125d
On the 3GS can you have your own Desktop Background/Ring Tones/Message alert tones WITHOUT Jail Breaking it like you had to on the 3G ?

Also, anyone with Orange and gone over the 3G/GPRS 750Mb Fair Use Policy?

Go cry to your momma!
First issue with mine today..

Fully charged it earlier to 100% then unplugged it..using facebook a little while later i noticed it was at 32% - Strange!

As I was using it, it was dropping battery percentage at around 1% every 10 seconds..

I looked again a few hours later and it was at 81%

Only thing I can think of is that I need to calibrate it so i'll leave it on charge all night tonight.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, it's a 3GS 3.0 jailbroken and unlocked..had no previous issues, been using it as it is for months.

I have problems sending emails from my iPhone, i plugged it in to i tunes and it used the settings i have for outlook.

What can i do to try and solve this problem ?

Note: Blueyonder email, Receives emails no problems.

AK

M240i
Right getting a 3GS in Jan, is there a site that gives you a detailed guide on jailbreaking and the benefits?

There was one on here but i'd rather not have to wade through hundreds of rubbish to get to the bits i need :eek:

AK

M240i
Had a look on there, cheers.

The benefits just seem to be more apps? and more customizable interface?