ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Gmail is not push, push is instant or near instant.

The only push mail out of the box supported by an iPhone is Yahoo! mail or Exchange.
Gmail needs an app that uses push notifications to support it. Not the same as push mail.

Or something like izymail server that is push . . .

The new facebook is quite useful with push, rather than getting email notifications and then having to click everytime.

Mr2 Roadster
Gmail is not push, push is instant or near instant.

The only push mail out of the box supported by an iPhone is Yahoo! mail or Exchange.
Gmail needs an app that uses push notifications to support it. Not the same as push mail.

Have you typed " gmail, push and iphone " into google?

There's a nice little user guide by google about using "exchange" to aces your gmail, and they support it.

Not only that it supports contacts and calender push as well! Some of the functions of "MobileMe", all for free!!!

I have a question actually.

I keep getting a "could not activate cellular data network" message pop up all the time, when I'm not even trying to use the net. Now, I know it can't connect, as I purposely entered the address wrong, as I pay for my internet, hence I only use it when I need to. I don't want it connecting all the time itself costing me money. Why does it tell me this when I am texting? I'm not trying to connect to the internet.

f**ks me off.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have a question actually.

I keep getting a "could not activate cellular data network" message pop up all the time, when I'm not even trying to use the net. Now, I know it can't connect, as I purposely entered the address wrong, as I pay for my internet, hence I only use it when I need to. I don't want it connecting all the time itself costing me money. Why does it tell me this when I am texting? I'm not trying to connect to the internet.

f**ks me off.

Have you used blackra1n?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well for a start you are using an iphone without a data plan.

So that's mistake number one. And the only reason why its happening.

I just threw the blackra1n thing in for a laugh.

Well for a start you are using an iphone without a data plan.

So that's mistake number one. And the only reason why its happening.

I just threw the blackra1n thing in for a laugh.

Oh. Ha, that was a good one!! ;)

Well I'm quite happy to put the correct address in, but I am unsure whether it will just sit downloading stuff in the background all day without my consent.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Oh. Ha, that was a good one!! ;)

Well I'm quite happy to put the correct address in, but I am unsure whether it will just sit downloading stuff in the background all day without my consent.

Probably will, can't you just pay for data?

Probably will, can't you just pay for data?

I don't want to use 3G though, I use wireless all the time at work/home. It's when I'm in the middle of nowhere or disconnect from the wireless it has a spack attack. I'm not paying £7.50 a month for something I won't use apart from making the iphone happy. Is fine, now I know what it is I shall just ignore it.

3 days! wtf! Not using mine i.e. standby, mine will last JUST over 24hrs

You have issues then surely??

IMG_0024.gif

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Leigh? if you are jailbroken why don't you just turn off edge in SB settings?

That will do wonders for your battery life and stop that message.

I got the unlimited web bolt on this month to see if I'll make use of it, and my battery is nearly flat now, so the answer is yes lol.

But if I don't use the phone it will last about 4 days between charges.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello.
Under network settings my data roming is switched off. Will it make a diff if I turn it on? What is it? 3g Is on though

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
Hello.
Under network settings my data roming is switched off. Will it make a diff if I turn it on? What is it? 3g Is on though

Data roaming is switched off so you don't incur any charges whilst abroad, turning it on in the UK will make no difference.

i cant seem to get the five icon dock app to work on my ipod, it installs ok but wont let me drag my extra icon into the dock, anyone any ideas?

im on 3.1.2

cheers

Didn't want to start a new thread as Tom would probably insult me like normal.

How do I stop my phone fetching email, even though fetch is switched to manual?? It still does it!!