ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Golf R/Leon FR
Presume you are with O2? If so, would suggest going into settings>general>network>cellular data network> then make sure that the APN and username/password are correct.

Aye on O2, my APN settings are right i think, i have a simplicity tariff but think i may need a new sim.

Right quick question..

iPhone 2g

Currently running unlocked and JB 2.2.1

want to upgrade to 3.0.1

Do I have to unlock it after the upgrade? Does the baseband change?

Not JB just unlock. K thnx

I just restored to 3.0.1 and some some fecking reason I decided to activate the phone via itunes with my o2 sim in it, put in my itunes account details etc. Never done this before because ive always JB it.

This gonna f**k anything up?

200 Gordini
Ive got one at last!! came today after alot of hassle of o2 saying they didnt have them when they did and vice versa.. even when they had loads it came up on some operators screens as none in stock.. but keep hanging up and ringing back and they'll get you one ;)

I got the 32gb 3Gs in white.. fit!

Lou

I've had my iPhone 3GS since launch day and last month I noticed that it was developing the usual crack in the casing. I've not had a chance to get to my nearest apple store (50+ miles) and today I dropped it on the ground and it has some nice deep scratches :(

Are apple still likely to replace this or will it be classed as negligence? So annoyed at dropping it !

Shouldn't be an issue Lou, if you go in and look genuine and don't try and bullshit them they will be just fine. Just say exactly what you've just said and if it's the truth they will tell and replace it. Mine was replaced for a tiny crack. I just mentioned that I had heard they can grow and wanted to sort it with their advice on cases etc before it caused any issues. Bought a case and some screen protectors while I was there. Nice people to deal with as they genuinely want to help!

Wondering if anyone can help.

I've got more music than my phone can hold, obviously I also need space for apps, pics etc etc too. So I choose to manually manage my music with the drag and drop thing. But I can't work out how to delete music off the phone so I can put other stuff on?!?!

Help please?

TIA

Citroen DS3 DSport
I find it's easier to manage the music on my iPhone by adding it all to one iPhone only playlist and then if I want to remove and tracks then I simply remove them from the playlist and resync the phone.

Polo GTi
I've had my iPhone 3GS since launch day and last month I noticed that it was developing the usual crack in the casing. I've not had a chance to get to my nearest apple store (50+ miles) and today I dropped it on the ground and it has some nice deep scratches :(

Are apple still likely to replace this or will it be classed as negligence? So annoyed at dropping it !

Mine had a right ding on the back near the charger when I got it but didnt crack, but recently the cracks have appeared near the charger like a lot of people are getting, so tried my luck with Apple store at trafford on Friday.

I walked out 15 mins later with a new handset and she didn't even mention the scratches on the screen or the dings on the back.

Good service!

182 Cup
Mine had a right ding on the back near the charger when I got it but didnt crack, but recently the cracks have appeared near the charger like a lot of people are getting, so tried my luck with Apple store at trafford on Friday.

I walked out 15 mins later with a new handset and she didn't even mention the scratches on the screen or the dings on the back.

Good service!

Just noticed quite a few cracks in mine around the same area, time for my 3rd 3gs!

Lou

Shouldn't be an issue Lou, if you go in and look genuine and don't try and bulls**t them they will be just fine. Just say exactly what you've just said and if it's the truth they will tell and replace it. Mine was replaced for a tiny crack. I just mentioned that I had heard they can grow and wanted to sort it with their advice on cases etc before it caused any issues. Bought a case and some screen protectors while I was there. Nice people to deal with as they genuinely want to help!

They should recognise me from the 4 previous times I had my 3G replaced!!

1.8 Civic EX
being a bit slow here.

I jailbroke my phone a good while ago and just noticed there is a new version of itunes available. Can I update itunes or will it make my phone go a bit nuts when I next sync it?

also if the need ever arises how do I set the phone back to normal (un-jailbreak) but not loose any contacts/apps etc

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
On the iphone contract iv just applied for now, it stated Unlimited data internet etc, is there a certain amount you get?

Reason im askin is, when you get Unlimited Texts its limit to 3000 a month, so is this the same..

Fiat Panda 100hp
On the iphone contract iv just applied for now, it stated Unlimited data internet etc, is there a certain amount you get?

Reason im askin is, when you get Unlimited Texts its limit to 3000 a month, so is this the same..

There will be a limit but don't know what it is. I use my 3g a silly amount, even downloading big apps via 3g and they haven't said anything. Surf your heart out.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just a quickie as i cant remember, if i upgrade to 3.1 on another PC will it wipe it?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just a quickie as i cant remember, if i upgrade to 3.1 on another PC will it wipe it?

I've upgraded on my work PC before and my iPhone is synced to my mac and it's not caused a problem or wiped it.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Anyone kno how to switch the annoying writing that appears when your txtin?
I txt in welsh so it's always correcting itself ffs :mad:

Is MMS included in the allowance?

Can't find any mention anywhere, but on some forums it states 1 x MMS = 4 x SMS from your allowance.

Can anyone confirm this?

(£35 / 24month)