ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Hi lad, I did indeed. Went in to the Trafford Centre in Manchester. Half hour trip, 9.20pm appointment, 5minutes to replace, couple of minutes chatting as he was a Sale Sharks fan and done!

Superb service, even if I was being cheeky with a second hander. Felt that I needed to buy something so got a couple of screen protectors!

Thanks again for all the help via PM lad, also did the unlocking and jailbreaking myself last night! Small victory, but good one!

Out of interest, is there something that I need to change to set the CS icon/link to the forums on my spring board to the CS logo, rather than a tiny view of a white background and the list of forums?

Ideally would like the link to go to "view all forums" but have the CS logo that was setup (very kindly :)) by Nik.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The CS logo appears on my iPhone as soon as I select the add to homescreen option. It'll come up with the screen to confirm you want to add it and if you wait a second or so the logo should change to the CS version.

Glad you got everything sorted, did they activate the handset in store for you too with your PAYG sim?

They did, not bad for a 5 quid sim card. Just received my replacement Vodafone storm as well, so has all the protective plastic on it. Can now sell the damn thing!

Hmm, CS logo does not appear for some reason!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I know the battery life is rubbish at the best of times on a 3G but mine doesn't seem to last even 24 hours without needed to recharge and that without heavy usage of using Safari, listening to music and cheaking email. Any ideas?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Anyone know if it's possible to view the vids which youtube doesn't allow (e.g. Music vids which you can view on UK youtube on your PC, but can't on youtube mobile)?

Cheers, James

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Haven't they just done some deal with the music industry to allow music vids that were blocked before? Not sure this applies to the iPhone though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Do jailbroken iPhones still work perfectly with headunits? I've got a current Alpine HU.

Also does going abroad affect a jailbroken iPhones have any issues when abroad?

Thanks

Megane
Do jailbroken iPhones still work perfectly with headunits? I've got a current Alpine HU.

Also does going abroad affect a jailbroken iPhones have any issues when abroad?

Thanks

Yes to the first one

No to the second one :D

BMW E46 330i Touring
Or charge it when you sleep.

It is for this reason that I never understand why people find battery life such an issue. I have to really cane mine of a day to mean it needs a charge before I go to bed, so she's always plugged in overnight.

Occasionally I'll not charge it and let it run down as I've always been under the impression that it's "good for the battery" to let it drain completely once in a while / get a full charge, but most of the time I just top it up when I'm sleeping...

Why does a phone need to last days?

If I buy an App from the store, TomTom possibly, can I put it onto both my iPhone, and itouch? Or just one of them?

Think it has been bought with your account so you can use it on both Justin. But might be wrong. I guess that could be a loop hole for other people using the same username for iTunes/Appstore and therefore be able to download it onto loads of phones, but only pay for it once, so guessing they will have covered that. . .

But then again, the ones I have downloaded, once iPhone has been wiped, it downloads them and says "you have already purchased this, do you want to download and install for free?". . .

I know I am asking loads of questions but I hope I am providing as well;

Emails were working with my MSN address before my recent restore to redo the unlock (as it didn't work first or second time around). This time around, they didn't work. However, a quick Google search gave me this;

http://v3.izymail.com/pdaconfig.aspx
http://v3.izymail.com/register.aspx

This seems to act like a forwarding service. It is free and works very well!

Cue the "use a better email provider" comments.

It now works with Mail fella, did originally, now doesn't for some reason. But appears to be a common issue. Using the izymail account, mine is forwarded to the Mail icon and set to refresh every 15mins for client emails etc.

Mine worked, now it doesn't. I am a f**king tool at this sort of thing however. I've got "SSL" b****cks warnings.

Bumder With A Buffer
Question about co-pilot and "locatio services"

When I fire up co pilot it gives me a message of "location services is turned off turn it on"

I hit cancel and co-pilot will not find any satellites or get a lock. Turning location services on sorts this. WTF does location services do?? Does it use standard o2 Internet to tell where I currently am??? :S

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh! :eek:

I thought it was to do with this "can camera use your current location"...which I took to ment internet for some reason :)

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
Wonder how long before its JB'ed

Hope it contains the battery improvements for the 3gs they were talking about though

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
No it hasnt. 3.01 has been out for weeks.
3.1 has only been available to developers until it was released to the public today.

DCi
on my o2 contract i have the unlimited internet bolt on... o2 said that this means unlimited browsing but we charge for downloads... is that how it works on an iPhone too?

Golf R/Leon FR
just installed 3.1 OS

now every time i go on my txts it comes up with
'could not activate cellular data network'
and 'you are not subscribed to a cellular data service'

its really annoying and i cant get it to stop popping up.
any ideas?

Presume you are with O2? If so, would suggest going into settings>general>network>cellular data network> then make sure that the APN and username/password are correct.

?
Does anyone know how to remove/hide the text under icons in the dock? Or for that matter change the size of dock icons?

Ta x