ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Content = Supercharged Content

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that mate, it's just it's on my list to own and i'd fancy te 4 seats if possible.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
sorry guys but more photowhoring of the GP, got the week off so decided to give the GP a decent clean then head to this church spot for some piccies, Cars wearing a "hand" applied layer of Dodo Juice Supernatural lol

took quite a few but chose these out of the group.

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

now the 'arty" ones

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

And a PS version of the one above, was just messing an came up with it not really 100% on it but looked okay!

GPChurch.jpg

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Latest pic whoring rekkie

went for drive tonight and took some new pics down near freds place as they have the new L.E.D street lighting, went for the moody dark look, i wanted to take alot more but a few hooded youths started to take an interest in what i was doing so decided to give up and go for a drive ended up doing 40miles going nowhere lol just listening to some tunes was fun

anyway heres the pics cars had nowt majorly new apart from some halo sidelights and aero wiperblades

53b54154.jpg

865adb0d.jpg

979f2de0.jpg

3f99cfca.jpg

1b2149fc.jpg

79d39305.jpg

Lotus Elise
Im not sure if you are aware but the yellow reflectors on the side of the bumpers have a bulb in them. You can buy a wiring loom which connects them to the side lights. I had them on my Mini One and it looked awesome, I think it would suit your car as well.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers the sidelights are actually off in those pics but they still glow after there switched off lol

Spank it i do indeed know about the sidelights lighting up just not sure if I wanna Add another colour to the mix already got silver/red/chrome and the orange from them so not sure it would work atm

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks cleeeean dude and i'm thuper jealous which to be honest I don't usually get over other cars.

Just love the whole package.

The colour is so rewarding to detailo, you need jeffs prime on the paintwork before waxing/sealing, the flake pop is on another level.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Actually love this, passed 2 on having a play with each other on the Motorway on friday..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice mate, I use the prime as a base after any polishing, the flake pop on a Golf GTI yesterday was unreal after I used it, really noticed a difference. Give it another go and see what it's like in the sun before any waxing.

d4b78021-4b05-a9a0.jpg

The SN may be muting the flake. Z8 is another immense product.

How long you had the GP now? What actually made you go for it?

Megane Trophy Stg 2
Car looked good the other day Neil. and was good to catch up etc.

hopefully we will be able to fit it on the rollers. haha

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Rob send us a Pm anytime mate more than happy to help

ill give it a go Gally its need another good going over TBH few more swirls appearing that need sorting altho the colour hides it sooo well

As for why i choose it, i really dont know me having a cooper before my 3 RS's and my dad having a JCW atm did sway me but its down to all round package really i was very tempted by an R26R but couldn't justify it plus having an R26 and not liking it put me off a-little, so i looked for a decent alternative which was reasonably easy to mod and something abit rarer and the GP ticked all the boxes plus its such a fun car like my R27(which i shouldnt have got rid of BTW) oh and ive had it for 7 months i think and spent far too much lol altho im done with it now!

sam like i said mate im abit worried lol Im sure is was very close last time i came over, still worth it for the day even if it wont go on!

everybody else cheers for the comments!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I like the wheels...But i don't think they look any better! "Just as good"

Staggering performance these things...Gave me a real fright!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I like the wheels...But i don't think they look any better! "Just as good"

Staggering performance these things...Gave me a real fright!
One of the things that really got me interested in them.

Still FWD and still fun but also quick. Good all round package, no back seats just help the boot space! :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Silly fast, neck and neck with me till 100+ I appreciate they are light and i don't know the state of tune of this one but...Fast! Would kill any renaultsport Clio's/Meg's

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Vs your Z4 I take it?

I need a go in one although I always liked NA cars.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Better bhp/ton than most other fwd hatches on the road, IIRC only the Focus RS and Astra 888 actually have more than 203bhp/ton

I properly adore these.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, I even enquired about putting the rear seats back in. :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why would you want to do that! Bit like painting the FRP pink or putting a decent engine in it...Pointless!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ahem! Surely putting a better engine in it wouldn't be pointless. :eek:

I think there were pics in this thread with American dude putting the seats back in. Some people need rear seats.

Megane RS 250
Nice car...I have always found the GP a bit chaotic in the style departent, too many colors and grey tints.
I say the wheel looks better in silver, possibily the same color of the roof, and I hate the red mirrors.

A few curiosities:
The rear bar is not a real chassis reinforcement, if you remove the interior plastics you'll see it not welded to anything. DO NOT fit 4 point harnesses to it!
The GP was built in Italy at Bertone facility!
It's the first mini with alluminium suspensions. The rear longitudinal element is a lot lighter than the steel one on the other R53s. R56s got the same suspensions after it.
It's fitted with a mechanical LSD, this was optional for a few year for 250€ on all the Cooper S but only a few people knew this so it's hard to find one with it. All the GPs have it.
Front brakes are JCW items.The size is the same of the R56 Cooper S, still floating calipers but bigger discs.
It's still the most powerful oem minis (on paper).