ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (200 deals)

Is the £200 per month deal still available on these cars? Can people PM me some details please?
Also, can you get the Twingo for less than that per month, on the same sort of deal though?

Da

Less
Is the £200 per month deal still available on these cars? Can people PM me some details please?
Also, can you get the Twingo for less than that per month, on the same sort of deal though?

200 & 200 Cup deals confirmed as the same through me :)

Cup £999 deposit / £205p/m

200 £999 deposit / £228p/m

2 year PCP - 6k per annum

0% also available
3 years with NIL deposit
4 years with 20% deposit
5 years with 40% deposit

Valid on order before 30th Dec 2010

Rich

Whole Clio range (and most of other Renault's) can be had on the 2/3 year PCP's with 4.5/5.9% APR deals respectively.

RS models have stronger residual values, so they make better/good sense on a PCP. :)

The Clio is usually within the top 10 best selling models in the Uk hence Renault put more support behind their biggest seller - just great that the RS models fall within the Clio range!

All the answers are on page 22 ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Think I am going to order this week now, since I can have a proper 200 with cup pack and wheels for around £250 I reckon. Didn't really want a pov. spec :p

How come your thinking of it paul, got car issues still?

Think I am going to order this week now, since I can have a proper 200 with cup pack and wheels for around £250 I reckon. Didn't really want a pov. spec :p

How come your thinking of it paul, got car issues still?

Not particularly... Its just that I can afford to do it, and bearing in mind maintenance costs, it'll work out around the same to go and get a brand new car. £200 a month is very affordable for me (even being at Uni) if I can sell my 172 for around £3k.
Insurance is about £300 cheaper on a 200 Cup aswell. (a Twingo Cup is £700 cheaper per year :S )

I think its just the allure of having a new car, and after seeing James' (Sargara's) today, the 200 Cup does look beauts.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Same as me then, when you factor in you wont be repairing it and you wont be modifying it then it will be cheaper to run I reckon. Insurance is cheaper for me on a new 200 too, which is just stupid when its worth 5/6x as much :S

Not going for a twingo though lol, nice but a bit underpowered imo

Nissan 350z
Plus if you order now, it will arrive in December and be an awesome Christmas present to yourself....

I was basically the same Jenic. When i added up what id paid on the 172 in my years ownership it worked out about the same. When i got a travel allowence from work of £220 p/m it was a no brainer for me. If you do order tho deffinately speak to Richard1 he sorted me out and comes highly recommended :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm thinking Renault have done very well making this an affordable new car for young people aswell as appealing to older people.

Grand job imo.

Is a little worrying what will happen in a couple of years when they all (most) get handed back.

Plus if you order now, it will arrive in December and be an awesome Christmas present to yourself....

I was basically the same Jenic. When i added up what id paid on the 172 in my years ownership it worked out about the same. When i got a travel allowence from work of £220 p/m it was a no brainer for me. If you do order tho deffinately speak to Richard1 he sorted me out and comes highly recommended :)

Really? That would be a great christmas present!!! I thought the wait was like 4 months?!

Im going to make some enquiries today about the deal to see whether I can drop on it ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I cant wait, i'm looking forwards to buying a 2 year old Clio 200, with 12k miles, for £9k due to oversupply ;) Saxo VTR/VTS style depreciation ftw ...
That was my first thought. Over supply is an understatement.

Maybe it just looks like a lot because a lot of people on here have opted for the deal with the view to handing it back.

Nissan 350z
It was 4 months due to the August factory shut down but from what ive read people are now being told December when they are ordering but obviously im guessing which options, colours etc will change that so dont take my word on it.

^ Have to see how it works out Gally. Renault might not be shifting anymore 200s than previous sport models as the deal might not be that well know, it was afterall only Lookers who published it other dealers are merely matching it.

Last edited:

Maybe it just looks like a lot because a lot of people on here have opted for the deal with the view to handing it back.

I'm still tempted, but then I change my mind.

Anyone that's already got one, what are the penalties or is it possible to give it back earlier than 2 years? In the unlikely event that I manage to get a house within the next 2 years, £200 a month would probably be better spent elsewhere..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's half way through the term iirc Revels.

It's temping to a lot of people. £200 a month is not a lot for a good/exciting new car.

Would be good to get one in time for xmas aswell... Not sure whether selling my car at that time would be good though, as im sure people will be spending all their money on presents :S May be wrong though llol

Going to enquire today about it, and about the Twingo Cup to see what differences in price etc are, as if I got a Twingo id make a very large saving.
(I know its going to be like a step down and alot slower than what im used to, but its not like I drive mine fast anyway, im more like an old man driver ;) )

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sorry if this has been asked already but i did look... :eek:

How does this work with specifying options on the car, does it cost more per month should you spec Recaros/SL's/Light and Sight pack and I.D paint or does it require a bigger deposit? I was just thinking that in 2-3 years time the market place would be flooded with fully specced 200's if theres no cost attatched?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Think a few paid a bigger deposit. A few added it to the monthly cost so their capital/savings weren't tied up in the deposit.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I don't think there will be over-supply, as you still don't see many about. I think they've had to make the deal attractive, as the car isn't!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think there will be over-supply, as you still don't see many about. I think they've had to make the deal attractive, as the car isn't!
Pmsl!

To be fair I never seen many 197's around but PH was still full of them.

I know what you mean though. I've only seen maybe 2 since they came out.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
PM's answered!

Current delivery is 1st week of december approx.

Bear in mind VAT is increasing in Jan, so deals from order thereafter won't be as strong as now.

R

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How does PX work in these deals?

Are people using that route also?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
You can PX, however with a very thin profit margin it doesn't give scope to 'inflate' a px's value (as there is only one pot of money and thats been used to make the deal attractive!)

Happy to price px's, however with a dec lead time and a bit of effort it's worth using that time to sell privately for more!

Right after speaking to my g/f and her parents about this deal, is there anyone who thinks that doing this is a bad idea?
They say its not good to get into this as you are paying £6k for something you dont own, and then if you give it back at the end you are left with nothing and have nothing to show for the £6k you've spent...

My dad and brother think its a good idea as id have a brand new car and wouldnt have to worry about maintenence and would be technically cheaper (insurance) and running costs wont be loads different.

Opinions?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're going to lose money on it, its a brand new car.

Buy it for £14k cash (Or loan whatever) and in two years time it will be worth about £8k. It will cost you about £6k to own the car for those two years. Plus you've got the aggro of trying to sell it afterwards.

Or pay £999 deposit, Lease it for £199 a month, hand it back and its cost you £6k.

Makes no difference.

You're going to lose money on it, its a brand new car.

Buy it for £14k cash (Or loan whatever) and in two years time it will be worth about £8k. It will cost you about £6k to own the car for those two years. Plus you've got the aggro of trying to sell it afterwards.

Or pay £999 deposit, Lease it for £199 a month, hand it back and its cost you £6k.

Makes no difference.

Thats a good point! Jenic has just tried to explain this to me but in a way that I couldnt understand at this time of night ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Your girlfriend and her parents (With all due respect) need to be educated tbh.

If you buy a £20k car on finance over 5 years, it will probably cost you about £27k including interest. They will say ''But you've got a car at the end of it''. What they fail to grasp is that you've just spent £27k of your hard earned money, and are left with a 5 year old car thats worth about £5k.

Flip it round (I'm giving you ammo here! lol) You could go out and buy a used 56 plate 197 on finance for £199 per month over four years so you own it outright at the end. Lets say its cost you £8k screen price to buy it plus £4k interest. After 4 years whats that car realistically worth? A 5/6/7 year old 197? £5k? So you've spent £7,000 on the car! Plus the MOT's, servicing, repairs etc as its out of warranty....

It genuinely is a no brainer. (For people that like to change their cars. Its a stupid idea if you plan on keeping it forever)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I h'actually went into more detail on how you will save money on interest over if you went out and got the full price on a bank loan ;)

If you buy a £20k car on finance over 5 years, it will probably cost you about £27k including interest. They will say ''But you've got a car at the end of it''. What they fail to grasp is that you've just spent £27k of your hard earned money, and are left with a 5 year old car thats worth about £5k.

Flip it round (I'm giving you ammo here! lol) You could go out and buy a used 56 plate 197 on finance for £199 per month over four years so you own it outright at the end. Lets say its cost you £8k screen price to buy it plus £4k interest. After 4 years whats that car realistically worth? A 5/6/7 year old 197? £5k? So you've spent £7,000 on the car! Plus the MOT's, servicing, repairs etc as its out of warranty....

It genuinely is a no brainer. (For people that like to change their cars. Its a stupid idea if you plan on keeping it forever)

I need ammo like this!!! :D

Im one of those people that do like to change cars, so this is ideal for me.
I think theyre looking at it in the sense that ive got a car that works fine now, so why waste money on buying a new car that I wouldnt actually own (and therefore giving up my current car). I think im going to go with the deal anyway, as long as everything checks out ok!
My g/f said did to me, " at the end of the day, if it will make you happy, then go for it!" lol.

I h'actually went into more detail on how you will save money on interest over if you went out and got the full price on a bank loan ;)

Too much info for me to understand in my knackered state lol... Im going to read it again tomorrow and I WILL understand it lol ;)

Mountune Tractor

Yours arrived yet Dan? Pics.

I'm hoping this deal is around next September when I will be looking to change cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its in the country, Richard1 emailed me today.

Hopefully get it friday as I need it for a 400 mile trip saturday. :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice.
What happens in two years if you want another new RS?

Trade this in, get the difference between settlement figure and part ex value as a deposit on another PCP deal and the whole thing starts again. But its not a bad way of making sure you always have a new car imo.

Mountune Tractor
Trade this in, get the difference between settlement figure and part ex value as a deposit on another PCP deal and the whole thing starts again. But its not a bad way of making sure you always have a new car imo.

It's a great way of making sure you're in a new car I agree.
What would the figures look like then? Roughly....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It's a great way of making sure you're in a new car I agree.
What would the figures look like then? Roughly....

I am no expert, but imo, presuming a similar deal was offered in 2 years then the difference would cover the deposit so you'd just be paying monthly still. So presuming the offer never changes (which is stupid but simplifies things). Its potentially £1k now and £199 for the rest of your life and a new car every 2 years.

Mountune Tractor
I am no expert, but imo, presuming a similar deal was offered in 2 years then the difference would cover the deposit so you'd just be paying monthly still. So presuming the offer never changes (which is stupid but simplifies things). Its potentially £1k now and £199 for the rest of your life and a new car every 2 years.

That makes sense and was similar to what I was thinking.