ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Project

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thanks mate,

I know, originally i was of the opinion i may as well wait till i had the bumper resprayed. Tbh for the cost of them theres no reason why i shouldnt have some now. Any idea where i can pick some up from ?

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Ordered two sets of bumper stickers from Ady182, arrived straight away so very happy.

SDC10991.jpg

SDC10993.jpg

Thats one more thing sorted from the list of things to do.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Managed to get the car taken in today to get the front wing and door re-sprayed since it was left with a large scratch over xmas :( Looks so much better now and its starting to look a lot more tidy. Still need to get the bumper re-sprayed and the dent taken out of the bonnet hopefully sometime soon.

**Before**

SDC10761.jpg

**After**

SDC10995.jpg

Just needs a good wash and polish now.

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I aquired a Ph1 airbox last week, not sure if it makes much improvement over the standard 182 airbox but may give it a go if i find a decent air filter for it. Anyone know where i can get hold of the metal clips that attach the lid to the airbox ?

SDC11123.jpg

Clio could do with a bit of TLC as it has a few little bits to be sorted, hopefully can get them done within the next week or so and get it looking respectable again :)

Jay

I aquired a Ph1 airbox last week, not sure if it makes much improvement over the standard 182 airbox but may give it a go if i find a decent air filter for it. Anyone know where i can get hold of the metal clips that attach the lid to the airbox ?

SDC11123.jpg

Clio could do with a bit of TLC as it has a few little bits to be sorted, hopefully can get them done within the next week or so and get it looking respectable again :)

Jay

Spot on filter box pal, ive got the same, im using a bmc filter in mine and not overly priced either

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cheers mate, i'll have a look for one now. If i can find the clips to hold the lid on then think i will give it a go and see if its any better than the 182 box :approve:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
One of my spring loaded bolts joining the Cat to the manifold has come out and my exhaust is now blowing badly. Ive got a new fitting kit and was hoping someone could tell me if there easy to fit ? Bit unsure if there is anything more to them than just using like a normal bolt/nut ?? :S

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Have you fitted the airbox? How do you find it?

I actually havent yet mate, still need to buy a filter for it and get it fitted.

Noticed one or two threads recently of people using them like the v6 box in the cup racer setup so not sure wether to go down that route and look to relocate the battery or wether to fit it as i had originally planned.

You looking to get one ? they do seem better recommended than the 182 box.

Jay

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah I'm definately considering one. Don't know exactly what they do different or if it's noticeable on a standard car but I fancy trying. Just gotta find one cheap enough!!
Your car looks gorgeous by the way!!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cheers mate :approve: still needs a bit of work on some dents and scuffs but its looking much better.

Tbh i dont know what difference it makes either really, can only assume its a better shape for air flow :S Got mine from ebay, but did take a while to find one as they never seem to be available long.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Exhaust now fixed, one bolt had snapped in half and the other was rusted so glad i got them sorted :S

Cars still making a strange rattle/ticking noise so looks like thats next on the list to look at.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I got my pipercross race filter direct from pipercross online shop. About £30 delivered I think.

Is it any good mate ? had an ITG in my 182 box but was thinking of a BMC one this time. Will check out the pipercross one now, cheers :D

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking good Jay.

How you been ? Hows the car going ?

We will have to get a photo shoot sorted soonish.

Sam!

Edit: How much for your old filter? :D

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cheers Sam,

Yeah been good thanks, not much new. How about yourself ?

Yeah definatley mate im up for that, been a long time since the last. How did the ones turn out when you mapped the car ?

I will let you know once its out mate, say £5 :approve:

ph1 172
Is it any good mate ? had an ITG in my 182 box but was thinking of a BMC one this time. Will check out the pipercross one now, cheers :D

It's alot thinner than the other ones on the market. So more free flowing.

Just requires cleaning more regularly.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
It's alot thinner than the other ones on the market. So more free flowing.

Just requires cleaning more regularly.

Cheers Ali, will have a look at the site.

Btw do you have your airbox running off an induction bend or did you relocate the battery and fit like the cup racer ??

Jay

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Sam,

Yeah been good thanks, not much new. How about yourself ?

Yeah definatley mate im up for that, been a long time since the last. How did the ones turn out when you mapped the car ?

I will let you know once its out mate, say £5 :approve:

Aye ill have it Jay. :D

They where not to bad.

Ill upload them at the weekend for you.

Sam.

ph1 172
Cheers Ali, will have a look at the site.

Btw do you have your airbox running off an induction bend or did you relocate the battery and fit like the cup racer ??

Jay

Mines cup racer setup with battery relocated.

Not sure if it makes a difference. Just wanted to make room in the engine bay mainly.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Mines cup racer setup with battery relocated.

Not sure if it makes a difference. Just wanted to make room in the engine bay mainly.

I was thinking of going down the same route Ali, how easy was it to relocate the battery ?

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Tried searching for this pipercross filter mate but couldn't seem to find the oval one for the 172 box, any idea of the link ??

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cheers mate :) Hows yours coming along ??

:( Been listening to try and find the source of the noise coming from the engine bay and appears its coming from in and around the belts, Were changed less than a year ago so looks like i'll be heading back down the garage :dapprove: Almost made it a whole year without any problems !

Cheers mate :) Hows yours coming along ??

:( Been listening to try and find the source of the noise coming from the engine bay and appears its coming from in and around the belts, Were changed less than a year ago so looks like i'll be heading back down the garage :dapprove: Almost made it a whole year without any problems !

No probs dude

You thought about a bmc filter instead of a pipercross?

Yeah shes going well mate, trying to be good and not buy anything major for her, got these engine dynamic cams to get fitted and mapped up, cant wait for those to go in.

Hmmmm sounds funky mate, defo going and see the garage and see what they say.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
No probs dude

You thought about a bmc filter instead of a pipercross?

Yeah shes going well mate, trying to be good and not buy anything major for her, got these engine dynamic cams to get fitted and mapped up, cant wait for those to go in.

Hmmmm sounds funky mate, defo going and see the garage and see what they say.

Yeah mate was looking at them on Kam racing.

Sounds good, look forward to seeing how they work out for you. Still fancy some myself tbh.

Cars off the road now, turns out its the water pump so its sat waiting for a new one to be fitted on monday :(

Yeah mate was looking at them on Kam racing.

Sounds good, look forward to seeing how they work out for you. Still fancy some myself tbh.

Cars off the road now, turns out its the water pump so its sat waiting for a new one to be fitted on monday :(

Ive got a bmc and i like the quality of the filter, well made, both me and a mate use the same filter, hes had his longer than me, and we checked it other day and its still look like new.

Im lookin forward to see how they get on, should be interesting.

doh about water pump, but aleast it is only that and nothing to major like.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Ahh rite, How did you run the Cold air feeds on yours mate ? Are they both attached together or same idea as from the 182 box ?

May get the car back tonight if im lucky, apparently just waiting for the water pump to be fitted. Cant be too much left on the car that hasnt been replaced in the last two years now :dapprove:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Got more car back from Mendal yesturday, Seems so much quieter and a lot more stable than before hand.

Hopefully this will be the last setback for a while :S

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
What was the noise you were having?

Difficult to describe to be honest mate.

Started off just a constant ticking noise from the engine bay. Could be heard faintly from inside but was more noticable when standing beside the car. Over the last week it got a lot louder, so much it could be heard over the exhaust inside the car. Began to sound more like a rattling tick and got worse as the car accelerated. The car did feel very sluggish as well.

Since having it fixed the car seems so quite and feels alot better. Think i was kinda lucky as had been having the original ticking for a while :S

Yours doing the same ?

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Topped up the cars water levels today after having the work done and took it out for a decent run. It still sounds quite and is running smoothly so im happy :)

Needs a decent wash and wax for winter and to look into fitting the new airbox :approve:

2014 Clio 200t edc
There are noises I hear all the time. Mostly paranoia that something will go wrong tbh.
Is it a cambelt off job to have water pump done? Costly if so?
Just won myself a ph1 box so I hope to have it soon. You done yours yet?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
There are noises I hear all the time. Mostly paranoia that something will go wrong tbh.
Is it a cambelt off job to have water pump done? Costly if so?
Just won myself a ph1 box so I hope to have it soon. You done yours yet?

I know exactly what you mean mate, im the same. Think a lot of the time its all in my head and i listen for things too much.

It wasnt mate, apparently its a seperate item so set me back £250 for part and fitting.

Are you gonna fit the airbox like normal or relocate the battery ? Havent sorted mine yet unfortunatly, hoped to have bought the bits/filter for it this week but had to spend the money on the water pump instead :(