ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Project

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
You not bother fitting the final bit of the Ktec kit? I noticed that the mount to stop it moving around is missing, also wtf is going on with your coolant bottle lol looks almost mouldy!

These Ktec kits do sound mental ;)

Yeah i did try to fit it originally but when i was tightening the nut to the bolt on the jubilee clip the nut snapped off so i had to take it off and try to bond it back on again. Hoping to get it fitted back on again at the weekend if all goes to plan. It does seem pretty secure at the moment but i dont think it could last like that.

Regarding the coolant i have no idea mate, i thought it was always like that but after looking back at the beginning of my thread it wasnt :S Im guessing its not meant to look like that but i really dont know whats happened to it or when it changed colour.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Might be worth a coolant flush if the liquid itself it looking abit past it?

Lol at the nut breaking, not good :S

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Might be worth a coolant flush if the liquid itself it looking abit past it?

Lol at the nut breaking, not good :S

Yeah im gonna have to check the coolant, cant say it will have ever been changed to be honest. Cant believe it had changed to green and i hadnt noticed the differance :eek:

Lol yeah i know, it looks like it was only bonded on in the first place so should hopefully be an easy fix :S

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Managed to get the bracket to support the filter fitted today. :approve:

SDC11600.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
very very nice mate, colour looks nice, dont tell me your going to gut it and turn it into a track car tho!

Cheers mate :approve:

Nah im not planning to, that was the plan originally but after its had a few issues this year its put me off taking it on track. Its my daily so i would be lost if anything happened to it. Just want to keep it clean and problem free for the time being. May look to invest in an ARB though and possibly cams in the future ;)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers mate :approve:

Nah im not planning to, that was the plan originally but after its had a few issues this year its put me off taking it on track. Its my daily so i would be lost if anything happened to it. Just want to keep it clean and problem free for the time being. May look to invest in an ARB though and possibly cams in the future ;)

Cams! That's the path mines going down when it gets the belts done.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
That airfilter looks tasty.

If you like the look of the F1s but want 16s i know a lad whos got 16" F1s forsale ;) They arnt mine btw lol.

What cams are you both going for?

The sound is even more awesome craig ;)

Ah rite, i will keep that in mind mate. Gonna see how the new spacers hold up and go from there.

I had been thinking about 428's originally but i think there is a new set out now. Not due a cambelt change for a while though so will probs hold it off till then :approve:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Ah rite, i will keep that in mind mate. Gonna see how the new spacers hold up and go from there.

I had been thinking about 428's originally but i think there is a new set out now. Not due a cambelt change for a while though so will probs hold it off till then :approve:

Go for 438's. I was going towards 428's cos i heard there was a bad idle on 438's, but after peoples reviews i think they will be the ones i get.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Go for 438's. I was going towards 428's cos i heard there was a bad idle on 438's, but after peoples reviews i think they will be the ones i get.

Ah rite, cheers sam. Been looking on the KTEC website but didnt see them, are they the newest ones available ?

Cant say ive looked into it much but i think it would be the next step if mine stays problem free.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

Are you going to the meet on wed? Ill have to hear it.

I can ask kirk to take a F1 to the meet if you want so you can take a look at them?

As sam's said go for 438s dude[/FONT]

The lumpy idle is from the 421s Sam the 438s are the new ones out with reworked lobes to stop the lumpy idle, ive got them in mine, when i was running the forge engine in you wouldnt have even knew it was cammed they were that good & it was on its old map too.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not sure, i go on holiday thursday morning but if i get chance i may pop by :approve:

Dont worry about it craig im gonna try running in the spacers first but if im still not happy with them i'll give you a shout.

Yeah looks like that may be my next aim then. Would like to improve it as im hoping to keep it for a while.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
You only have to pop down for an hour or so. It looks like its going to be the biggest meet of the year for the NE. :)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
You only have to pop down for an hour or so. It looks like its going to be the biggest meet of the year for the NE. :)

Ah rite, Im working till 7 so may be able to pass by afterwards. Any idea how far away it is from the tees barrage Sam ? i dont know where it is :S

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol. Just drive up the A19. Its just after the wolviston services!

Text me if you need further directions.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Lol. Just drive up the A19. Its just after the wolviston services!

Text me if you need further directions.

What time are you setting off Sam ? kk i will let you know if i can make it. Is yours the only Inferno going so far ?? ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Well im sad to say my Inferno has now been taken of the road due to a few issues, mostly a persistent electrical fault. Its been a bit of a money pit for the last four years and im sad to see it in its current state :( May still have a few options for it so it may be back in the future.

At its best

SDC11566.jpg

SDC11564.jpg

Got myself a Titanium Ph1 of bazza_ to keep myself in a RS for the time being and hoping this one lasts a little longer, just needs a bit of tlc. Will start a project on the ph1 shortly.

SDC11935_zpsdbf168f8.jpg