ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Project

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
hey guys, thought i would start a thread as the clio has become a bit of a project, just wanting to show its status and hopfully get some advice and tips to take it forward.

How it stood when i bought it,
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/Inferno001.jpg

First thing was to have the alloys re-sprayed satin black after an incident with a curb :dapprove: also then looked to spray the bullets, Renault diamonds, badges, dash strips and dial surrounds the same.
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/SDC10046.jpg
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/SDC10051.jpg

First real change to the car was to fit a Samco bend and ITG panel filter
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/SDC10237.jpg

With parking the car in an alley over night i caught one of the wing mirrors against the wall and as it proberbly wouldnt be the last time i decided to get out the can of satin black again instead, Also fitted Silvatec bulbs.
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/SDC10345.jpg
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/SDC10339.jpg

After a healthy service i bought a KTEC ultra exhaust without the centre silencer
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/SDC10364.jpg
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Frankiejay182/182/SDC10393.jpg

Recently took the clio to Mendal motors and had the belts done and the KTEC top mounts fitted, ordered some Brembo HC's for the front and hoping to get some Ferodo DS2500's and braided lines over christmas. Fancy having it remapped then thinking of maybe taking the plunge to get it on track next year.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be very much appreciated.

(sorry if the pics dont work im only learning :eek:)

Jonathan

Looking good mate.

How it stood when i bought it,
Inferno001.jpg

First thing was to have the alloys re-sprayed satin black after an incident with a curb :dapprove: also then looked to spray the bullets, Renault diamonds, badges, dash strips and dial surrounds the same.
SDC10046.jpg

SDC10051.jpg

First real change to the car was to fit a Samco bend and ITG panel filter
SDC10237.jpg

With parking the car in an alley over night i caught one of the wing mirrors against the wall and as it proberbly wouldnt be the last time i decided to get out the can of satin black again instead, Also fitted Silvatec bulbs.
SDC10345.jpg

SDC10339.jpg

After a healthy service i bought a KTEC ultra exhaust without the centre silencer
SDC10364.jpg

SDC10393.jpg

Fixed ;)

Last edited:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thanks mate, yeah quite dissapointed i thought i'd done it right, not really sure how to resolve it.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
You just have to put your links in img parentheses.

I think you only have 15 mins or so to edit your posts though.
If you look at your image in photobucket there are 4 small bits of code you can copy straight out and paste into your thread page, whether to add it to facebook, twitter, whatever.
Its the bottom one, copy it and paste it. ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Aw thanks mate thats brilliant, will give it a go when updating any progress.

Out of interest anyone have any idea which braided lines would work best (KTEC or HEL) ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice colour and mods so far.

Although you're really bad at cleaning your wheels.

SDC10046.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thanks Guys,

I didnt think of Goodridge, are they any good do you know ??

Is a de-cat worth it come mot time tomo or would a sports cat be better ??

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Is there any noticable difference in performance between a De-cat and a sports cat or is it just the price differance ??

Decat unleashes a bit more in the way of lower RPM power but needs changing for MOT of course. Sports cat is still restrictive but more practical for the MOT. It's a compromise really!

But the cat pipe on a 182 is alot easier to change than on a 172!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Hey guys,

Little update of the new top mounts fitted. Feels a lot stiffer and a bit more responsive.
(Hope the pic works this time lol)

SDC10512.jpg

Think a de-cat maybe best then tom if its easy for me to switch around come MOT time.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not quite an update but a friend bought a new camera so we took some pics, thought i'd post them up.

_MG_0546.jpg

_MG_0573.jpg

_MG_0607.jpg

_MG_0613.jpg

Cars in the garage at the moment with a throttle sensor problem but hopefully will get some proper updates once i have it back.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thanks mate, I scratched one so the black was an easy compromise incase it happens again :dapprove: i missed the originals but soon got used to it.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
SDC10547.jpg

Arrived this morning from KAM Racing :) Thinking of sanding it down and spraying it Black.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
greeny has a point, most pointless thing you can do.

Car is lovely though fella, bet that exhaust is frigging loud!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah i appreciate its not going to do much performance wise, just i was thinking of possibly removing my rear seats next year if i decide on some track days and figured it may break up a big empty space ?? :)

Cheers dave, It can be, fortunatley i dont spend much time on motorways ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thanks mate, Yeah i know about the stickers, needs another re-spray at the moment. Doesnt seem it was done very well originally and the paint has started to peel. Any idea where i could get some ??

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Xmas pressie from the parents, off to get them fitted over the weekend. Cars in garage anyway with an electrical fault still but looking forward to getting it back :)

SDC10614.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Hiyer Guys,

Car came back from the garage this week and the electrical problem seems to be resolved, had to repair the wiring in the engine loom :( On a positive note i had my new Brake disks, pads & Braided lines fitted.

SDC10647.jpg

Car needs a really good clean inside and out and then i can look to crack on with the next thing :approve:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Right Guys,

I've decided the Rear strut brace was proberbly a pointless idea (really should have looked into peoples opinions on here more before buying :dapprove:) and i've now decided a Whiteline ARB would be best.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if its something i would be able to fit myself or wether it would need to go to a garage to be fitted ??

Hoping this will make a bigger difference, especially once i have the inlets done and it remapped ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Arrived this morning in the post from KTEC.

SDC10711.jpg

Cars in for an MOT tomorrow so will hopefully get this fitted over the weekend, been reading the guide on here an should be able to do this myself.

Hoping it will stop some of the shaking and tighten things up a bit :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Some nice updates mate.

Car looks lush in some of the pictures. We need to meet and get some pictures together.

Sam!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cheers Sam,

Got to fit the dogbone mount and im awaiting matched Inlets to be delivered from JMS.

Its looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment, its got a dent on the bonnet and someone keyed it down the door and front side panel :( Gotta get it fixed soon though as its bugging me not looking perfect. Once pay day comes next week im hoping to get hold of a set of 15" OZ F1's and spray them black too ;)

Yeah i agree, definatley need to meet up for some pictures. Hopefully will have it looking respectable again by the end of the month so we will have to sort something out.

Jay

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Jay. JMS is like 10 minutes from where i work. I could have picked them up for you and brought them home yesterday if i knew. haha.

Still can if you can wait a fortnight. (Fortnightly shifts)

Sounds like a plan you have there. Dont want to do much more to mine. Needs a splitter getting. Probably going to go down the skoda route as ive bought 2 cup ones before and dont fancy buying a third.

I like the idea of some braided hoses. How much did they set you back ? Easy fitment ? Going to try and paint the calipers black and i think that will do my bean for now.

Sam!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Well i got an email off JMS on wednesday saying they had been dispatched so they will hopefully turn up early next week, thanks for the offer though sam :)

Yeah hopefully it will all come together. Really looking forward to getting the alloys sorted, contemplating an orange rim (paint or rim tape). Will need it lowering when the 15's go on so will need to look into either springs or coilovers. I wish my paint was in as good condition as yours looks. Yeah the skoda splitter is probs the best option, i bought a second cup one too and dread catching it on curbs lol.

I got the HEL braided lines for £60 from NWP, to be honest i dont know about the fitment. My car was in the garage for like 2 months over xmas with an electrical fault so when i got them i just got the garage to sort it for me at the same time.

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Powerflex dogbone bushes are now fitted :D Gear change feels so much better and im not getting too much vibration on idle so im happy.

Hopefully Matched Inlets will arrive from JMS tomorrow then i can get them fitted and look to move on to the next thing ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Matched Inlets arrived from JMS on friday :)

SDC10746.jpg

SDC10744.jpg

May give them a bit of a tart up before fitting. Still on the look out for some new alloys which is turning out to be harder than thought. Hopefully once the inlets are fitted i can look into getting the car remapped :) and also toying with the idea of removing my fog lights.

Fingers crossed something doesnt brake in the mean time like usual lol

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Matched Inlets have been fitted by Mendal motors this morning :) I asked them to look at a ticking noise coming from the engine bay and they have advised me that i have a crack in my 4th Injector which is causing it to move and they believe this to be the problem. Hopefully this will be fitted in the morning and i can then have the car running smoothly for a while ;)