ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi All.

Thought since ive had my clio a month and done a few small mods to it id post a thread. There is more modifications to come, but due to not having lots of money and working, it will be slow so bare with me on them ;)

Got this 2001 clio for £1200 along with a free mot next febuary when its due. I got it from a garage local to me and it came with the alloys(lot of curbing) but im not to fussed as i will be hoping to eventually get some 172 alloys on it.

this is when id just got it home and after a clean:
nlxstj.jpg

aomkk3.jpg

I then found someone who would swap their RS Grille for my standard grill and £20 so i thought i may aswell :)
19bd3t.jpg

Then i bought some lowering springs. I only wanted to drop the car at tops 40mm as 60mm wouldnt be suitable for the area i live in and in my opinion i think a 40mm drop looks good :)
erk1du.jpg

Back View of Car
msgodw.jpg

Decided to carbon wrap some interior panels, in the middle of doing them:
t8afc7.jpg

Finished:
9ux6xu.jpg

214yqso.jpg

Well there it is, I know its not much to look at but its getting there slowly. I think when its got some nice 172 alloys on it, it will look much better but there rather costly :p Ive bought some Xenon Bulbs for it to give it a nice front end look and will be on anytime soon so will post a pic when there in.

Any advice or ideas on what i can do different or better is welcome :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I will be keeping it simple, just want some 172 alloys in black or white and think that is the last major thing i want.

I want to do the Renault badges and the clio badge aswell in black and white. Then not sure on what else to do to it that is cheap but effective?

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Colour coding is pretty cheap if you do it yourself mate. Side strips and bumper plastics could be smoothed and colour coded. De-wiper the back is pretty cheap as well if you'd want to do that. Have a look in my progress thread for some ideas if you'd like. Car looks tidy as it is, I think a black/white colour scheme would look good.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
with the de wiper on the back, anyone know where i can get the gromit which is the right size for the car? ive just run a problem with my insurance due to my mum being an idiot and they are wanting like £1650 off us now so were going to be cancelling my insurance so i will be getting my car off the road for a few weeks so i am going to do things when i have the free time. Also anyone know where you can buy some cheap but good brake pads from? :)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
with the de wiper on the back, anyone know where i can get the gromit which is the right size for the car? ive just run a problem with my insurance due to my mum being an idiot and they are wanting like £1650 off us now so were going to be cancelling my insurance so i will be getting my car off the road for a few weeks so i am going to do things when i have the free time. Also anyone know where you can buy some cheap but good brake pads from? :)

you can get an assortment of gromits from halfords for £1.50. The one you need is 13mm i think.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
i had the same problem but im smoothing mine over soon as i get a new boot
Sounds good, im sure someone on here sells the back piece where the wiper usually comes out from but all smoothed but not sure on who it is as im not a member :)

you can get an assortment of gromits from halfords for £1.50. The one you need is 13mm i think.

ah that sounds good i have to have a pop to halfords soon then! :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just got a few more pics to add, nothing amazing but until i start getting paid more next month the changes to the car will be minimal!
Got some new bulbs for the clio to change it a bit, cost me like £5 and make it look much better:
35ivpe1.jpg

Also i decided to carry on with the carbon wrapping and i carbon wrapped the front Renault badge instead of spraying, this is just incase i want to sell the car at a future date as i can just take the carbon wrap off the badge and its back to normal:
5v3jbq.jpg

Heres a picture of where someone in a rather cool car decided to park next to me so i had to get a picture!..
34zc4dj.jpg

Thats all for now. Im in the process of trying to get a colour coded spoiler for the clio which i may of found at a scrapyard for cheap but its only until the scrappie gets back to me then i will know.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all, nothing much has been done to the car recently due to insurance etc keeping me from doing a lot...
Did my rear Renault badge carbon and that took a while due to the plastic welding on it etc but I managed it:

2bwuv8.jpg

Decided to do the centre caps on my alloys due to them being in poor condition.

Before:
jz8jnn.jpg

After:
qxuyyv.jpg

Whilst thinking what else can I do for cheap, I decided to paint my Brake drums/Callipers red due to them being pretty rust coloured!

Front Calipers:
http://i50.tinypic.com/ncl5qh.jpg
ncl5qh.jpg

35i8590.jpg

Rear Drums:
30jgo45.jpg

2i29zfb.jpg

Whilst the wheels were off I decided to give my alloys a clean behind after seeing how dirty one of them was!
154afkj.jpg

Random Sticker ;) Also a picture of the back of my car now:
2z4ydk5.jpg

jh4mio.jpg

Got the pair of these for £20! Yet to be done though as waiting till I can buy air/oil filter, front track rod ends and an exhaust mount then I will be setting to work on the car!
34ilczt.jpg

Thats all for now, ive got a Red TRS Tow Strap which i will be putting on tonight so will get a picture soon of that on.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
yeah I really do want one, will be all done in due time, they do tend to cost a lot dont they?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hmm ive had a look over ebay and not a lot of choice. May have to try the breakers on ebay and see if one of them is selling one cheap but doubt it much as they usually tend to charge a lot! :p

Renault Clio MK4 RS
hey again, just a small update.
ordered myself a new rear exhaust mount as the last one was done for and i found out even more as when i took the last bolt holding it on the thing was in half!
Also ordered some clio sport door handles for my 2 front doors, still need to get 2 more for the rear ones but they look nicer than the standard ones.
50s6c6.jpg

29avhaf.jpg

handles before i changed it:
2nrhaag.jpg

After:
1y65hl.jpg

Also got my tow strap on finally, took a while but ended up great imo! :)
rc4k5k.jpg

Thats it for now :) im going to start saving up for some 172 alloys i think and maybe get them sprayed in black with the small renault badges in the middle red so will cost a bit but after that i think most will be done apart from colourcoding the car but i am thinking i may possibly try get a 172 rear bumper and spoiler so will try find some bargains on ebay! :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hey all, not much has happened to the clio recently really, Did get it into the garage to get the two front springs sorted as they wasnt sat in the holders correctly, but just before i set off to the garage i needed to fill up on screenwash so thought id do that then noticed this..
ae7fwp.jpg

and the other one..
dmbjf6.jpg

The nut must of came loose due to the pressure been put on it. When the mechanic had a look to see what the problem was with the front springs, he said the person who has done them had put the bearings in wrong way round and put a washer or something in the wrong area etc but 1hour and £40 later i was driving out there in a car that felt quite safe for once!

Ordered myself a Powerflow Back Box which was originally made for a 2001-2005 clio and got it at a reasonable price of £30, Got to love ebay!
8z1f8k.jpg

Its in pretty good condition really, just got to get my old backbox cut off and this new one put on. I then found out the pipe of the powerflow back box is stainless steel so not sure if that will be a problem for the garage i am using to get it done as i think the standard pipe is mild steel?

Hopefully i will get it sorted this weekend though and i will post a picture/video of the car with the exhaust on once its done!

I found a dynamic spoiler for £18 posted on ebay, just have to keep looking, I find its best to look in the day when people are at work And cant bid, that is of course if your not at work yourself lol.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I have a pearl black spoiler of a 172 i broke for parts may need sprayed though as i think it will have a fair few storage scratches...

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I found a dynamic spoiler for £18 posted on ebay, just have to keep looking, I find its best to look in the day when people are at work And cant bid, that is of course if your not at work yourself lol.

yeah i can go on pretty much anything at work when not busy! hence why im sat on cliosport all day :p i do have a snoop on ebay the odd few times and one popped up and when i went to bid the internet went down at work! typical eh? but yeah i do keep looking the odd few times.. a day. :p

Renault Clio MK4 RS
oh im in a sticker phase at the moment, im sure ill grow out of it soon but for now they are staying :p im ordering some of that tint spray soon for the rear lights to see what they look like with a light black tint, not going to black though :p also trying to get some fogs for the front but cant find any for that cheap yet!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Managed to dig it out, gave it a clean, polish and a wax took some pics of the damage

uru7y6un.jpg

gysapeme.jpg

y7e7evaz.jpg

qyju9u2u.jpg

SG9 Forester STi
As someone has said, it definitely has potential but if it was mine I'd tone down the stickers and get rid of the tow strap.

Looks better than it did though :).

Renault Clio MK4 RS
dont worry, ive took the DC Sticker off the petrol cap and taking the 'All bass no race' sticker off tonight. im going to get a cliosport sticker in red and put that on the front instead i think. I was thinking of getting a stickerbomb sheet and do the fog light covers stickerbombed. I think it will look good and suppose its my choice that counts but want other peoples view on it?

1.2 16V Dynamique
If you were to go down the stickerbombing route, why not see if you can get a few red hued stickers to tie in with the red/black scheme you've got going? Could be a little more subtle, and if you decide to highlight areas like the wingmirrors with a stickerbomb it would take a second look to appreciate the subtlety of it :D

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just a small update: My cliosport membership pack came..
s6uahi.jpg

well ive done a few small things to the car recently.. i decided to try stick with the red/black theme but i think i went a bit over the top on the exterior but it has all changed back to normal as it was just a test to see what it was like..All i had done was use red vinyl wrap on the fog hole covers and the badge.. but i removed the vinyl wrap from the fog hole covers and put carbon fibre wrap back on the renault badge.

v42hc2.jpg

As shown above i had bought a Powerflow Backbox and i got it fitted at a garage that a friend recommended as they have a lot of years experience and i got it done for a cheap £30. The picture below is about 2hours after i had got the exhaust put on:
mlqkyh.jpg

I did decide to wrap the interior panels red aswell to see if they looked good, im still undecided what do you guys think:
9tphr5.jpg

I know the picture quality above is poor, it was this morning at half 6 before setting off to work so i was still like half dead after crawling out of bed! I then decided to try go stealth on my car and bought some E-Tech Smoke Spray for my lights £6.34 posted so cant go wrong and its easy to take off with nail varnish remover if i dont like it or if the police dont, I decided to do the lights off the car as it will make it easier for me to do them without getting spray all over the car! I know the car isnt clean, getting a well deserved clean on saturday before Hulloween Cruise!
1h82mh.jpg

Before i started:
1772v7.jpg

Midway through, just checking them on the car to see if they were both tinted the same amount:
skyul0.jpg

Finished and a picture this morning when i arrived at the car park when it was lighter to see the tint better:
8y4x8x.jpg

What do you guys think? I am definitely going to either start saving up for some 172 alloys or a 172 rear bumper as their the main things i want at the moment!.. I know the stickers are bad but im keeping them on for now.. I Removed the DC sticker off the fuel cap and i removed the 'All Bass No Race' sticker from the bonnet and replaced it with a red 'Cliosport' Sticker :D

Attachments

• Clio (1).jpg
    Clio (1).jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 120
looks good mate - check out my thread and let me know what you think.

would deffinately undo that paint job on your rear brake drums - why would you want to draw attention to the fact your running brake drums on the rear. deffinately de wiper the rear. im doing mine tonight, will post a pic up when its done. in terms of using a gromit. open your driver side door or bassenger door, near the door mount on the iside of the door there is a small rubber gromit - its completely pointless and does nothing. remove that and its a perfect fit for where the rear wiper motor used to be!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Well ive got my mot in jan/feb time so i was thinking of just keeping the rear wiper there until ive had mot then remove it? Also im going to be taking 4 top big window stickers off when i have the time to do it.
Im thinking of doing my Pillars? Unsure on whether to do them in a black fabric or get them sprayed black? Just because I dont like the colour inside the car on the lower part of the dash.
Also Im going to get some black paint for the drums, do agree with you that i shouldnt really be showing off my amazing drums :p

How would be the best way to get rid of the Paint off my drums? I need to also get the two front wheels changed sometime soon due to me having a serious slide in the car on sleet at not even 5mph due to the front tyres being stupid budget tyres when i had only turned the steering wheel a bit and i bumped it into a wall and cracked the front bumper, but this makes it all the more reason to try get a 172 front bumper!

to be honest no matter what colour you do the brake drums they will stand out - IMO i wouldve left them as they were, i havent tuched mine, people rare to busy staring at my shiny refurbed alloys to even pay attention to what brakes are behind the wheels :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well my alloys are crap so the drums do show up quite well, im going to get the paint took off the drums and do them black to cover up the rust colour they have :p

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Not changed the car lately but got a few pictures which i think show the car off well, im in the process of purchasing some 172 alloys and coilovers so there will be some good changes to the car within the next few winter months!!

I just cant wait to see the car after them! ive enquired about getting my bump strips/inserts colour coded and someone who i know who is quite good at spraying has said £40 so i think i will be getting them done after or if i have more pennies and find some which are in the price range i will be trying to purchase a 172 front+back bumper then that will be the car i will be proud of :D

Arctic 182FF
Will look great once it's on 172 alloys and coilies. Would be even better if you got rid of the stickers and got either a dynamique or 1*2 spoiler. If I was you I'd get some spacers too, you'll need them on the back anyway with 172 alloys to stop it rubbing so might aswel get a decent set all around, maybe like 20mm? Also get some chrome indicator bulbs to get rid of the fried egg look, only £3 a pair. :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just a small update:
Bought some Coilovers off someone on here for £80. Very cheap and all good except for one problem of a rear adjuster threads being destroyed and i need to buy a new one for £60 with the key to adjust the front coilovers as i need one of them aswell.
5frnue.jpg

Got some 172 alloys finally. Picked them up from near lincoln for £120.(They have came with centre caps but no screws and ive ordered some just need to wait for them to come). Overall they are not in bad nick for the price i paid.
2814qrp.jpg

Got a garage to get my wheels balanced and then fitted onto my car then get it tracked using laser tracking :) not bad for £45 altogether. (Got rid of most of the stickers now aswell as think im finally going out the rear window sticker phase).
ve59hi.jpg

This is a side view of the car with the new alloys on. I think i will need to get some spacers on the car soon as the back looks a bit funny with the alloys sitting so far in.
2dqva52.jpg

Front view from drivers side
6nyzi8.jpg

And finally a picture from the passenger side front(edited with instagram)
v401o6.jpg

I will get another picture up when i get the centre cap screws and get the centre caps on :)
What do you guys think? Opinions are welcome :)

Attachments

• alloys.jpg
    alloys.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 118
  Superleggera'd MK3
Looking way smarter mate. Does the rear 172 bumper have a cut out that would fit the exhaust? Because if you are planning on going lower with the coilys i can imagine the exhaust being pretty close to breaking off on a speed bump :/ looks much smarter with the new alloys btw :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
not got a 172 bumper on it at the moment. Im on the look out for one but cant find one. When i do source one im going to get the exhaust raised up and get a cut out on the bumper which should prevent the exhaust from getting totally wrecked thats why ive decided to not do the coilovers yet until i can sort it out :) and cheers i think the car looks much better on the 172 wheels, its changed the car a lot :p

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Sourced a 172 rear bumper and picking it up next weekend. Decided not to put the coilovers on as with the exhaust it would scrape when getting very low. I may do it at a later date when i can afford it on the insurance and when i can get a ktec stealth exhaust :) got some clear side repeaters for my car and stickerbombed my dash strips and my reanault badges. will get some pictures up when i can :)