ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v question...

Right had to post in here because main section is not yet open.

A cousin of mine has just passed his test and has around £3500 for a car. He's decided on a clio 1.2 16v (current shape version) for insurance purposes.

So that will probably get him a 51/02/52 plate 1.2! Im not sure of all the different models but he says it has alloys/aircon but was wondering about the PAS??

Does it really come with PAS? I thought if it come with alloys and aircon as standard it would at least come with power steering?
Is the PAS heavy when doing something like a 3 point turn! Ive drove a car without power steering before and its not nice! If it genuinely doesn't have power steering i dont think he'll still be interested.

Someone actually with a 1.2 for a definitive answer!

Pretty dissapointing really if it does not even have full power steering:mad:

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
eh?

LOL, just clicked!

think you're getting a bit confused. 'Power steering' and Power assisted steering, are the same thing. Your steering is still mechanical, but assisted by electrics, or hydraulics to make it lighter.

If it was entirely controlled by electronics, and your car cut out, you'd be into the first tree.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
its been standard on clio's for 7 years now.... nothing new.

Its confusion between power steering, and power assisted steering (which are the same thing) thats causing the problem here, lol.

Sorry but i didn't think they were the same thing.:eek:

Im sure ive driven a car before that has had PAS and it was very heavy!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
they're the same thing.

ph2's use electric power steering, ph1's use hydraulics. How heavy the steering feels, really depends on the car, how the steering is set up, suspension geometries, tyre pressures, etc etc!

05 1.2 Dynamique
my clio's power steerings quite heavy in my opinion, compared to this megane they're given me as a courtesy car. but thats probably not what you wanted to know

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
if you want light steering, buy a punto with a girly button - end of story.

Overly light steering isnt a good thing except maybe for parking when you're feeling lazy. A clio's steering is by no means heavy.

I can steer with a single palm, into a parking space, or even do a 3 point turn - its by no means heavy, and thats with 205/17/40's, but still gives good feedback imho. Anything lighter would just be crap to drive.

It has power steering, it works, end of story. Tell your mate to stop being ghey and just get one!