ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio (joe_1.2)

Hello, Bezza here writing my first message on there. Had to laugh at your car a bit, can see you fitting right in at Rothwell my home town at the mo, loads of cars like that about! But to be fair, for a first car its not half bad, easy on the stickers etc though, chavtastic lol!

182 and 5 GTT
As everyone has said mate, lose the stickers, graphics and chrome wiper blades. Phase2 rear lights and lower it, and youve got yourself a nice little motor. Bargain too

LOL what is it with people taking photos of their car with the doors and boot open? Nothing wrong with the car - I just find those photos funny.

Look! My car has doors that....OPEN! :D

Just a generic comment, not really meant to offend anyone :)

Did a bomb just go off inside?

Last edited:
  2004 1.2 Dynamique
Good points though, love the wheels, and the sound system the exhaust looks quite cool too, is it lowered? Cause it looks quite low

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
not really to my taste and currently i'd take great pleasure in overtaking you.

Lose the stickers, chrome and tack.

Get some Ph2 bits on and get it low. Job done.

And £600?!....looks in great nick!

Chris

V6
looks alrite mate just loose grafix off it then will look top first time motor i fink front end look hard as fook i think is that a VR6 spiltter at front

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Less would deffo be more IMO but what the f**k do I know? I was 17 about ten years ago - the chavs will prob bum it and you'll get your c*ck s*cked by some 16 year old chavette so good luck to ya!

V6
leeds_182 said:
Less would deffo be more IMO but what the f**k do I know? I was 17 about ten years ago - the chavs will prob bum it and you'll get your c*ck s*cked by some 16 year old chavette so good luck to ya!
lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
to be honest i like it compaired to some of the modded things we see on here with crazy body kits etc, it would look better without the stickers and lexus lights but its ok and for that price you cant go wrong, especially with the I.C.E

its your car and as long as you like it who cares?

seems to be a lot of us with new shape clios for first cars!

Mini Cooper S sport
rollin on 17s said:
As everyone has said mate, lose the stickers, graphics and chrome wiper blades. Phase2 rear lights and lower it, and youve got yourself a nice little motor. Bargain too

^^ seconded! It would look SOOO much better without all that stuff stuck on it.

The mesh ought to go as well because it just looks..um..a bit crap.

HOWEVER, you've got yourself a tidy little motor there, the wheels are nice and it looks in good condition.

I'm sure over time you'll change bits of it to suit you - but please not mahoosive spoiler/badly-fitting bodykit ;)

Enjoy your new car :D

Last edited:
Lose the stickers, change the mesh to black, lower it, get phase 2 rear lights and grill and get the bumpers and mirrors colour coded and it would look alot better. Its your 1st car and you dont have alot to spend those mods can all be done on the cheap. The car isnt the issue its the tacky in the face mods that spoil it. the money you've spent on stickers could have gone on more tasteful mods imo. My 1st car was a renault 5 turbo but i havnt got any digital pics of it.

Scooby STi, FiestaST
Hellcat said:
Leave the lad alone ffs. OK the car is not to everyones tastes and to be fair the only problem is the graphics. For £600 this guys done well. Its your first car and no matter what everyone loves their first car.

Welcome to the club mate

exactly.
the stickers are not to my taste, but the car and paint looks in good nick. Hope that this thread does not put you off staying and becoming a full member of the club.

my first car was a mini old W reg. When it wouldnt start i had to open the bonnet and smack the alternator with a hammer... worked fine then.
did get asked some funny questions if i got stopped though, as the hammer was just in the passenger footwell.

oh btw welcome.....

Joe_1.2 said:
Any chance of u guys showing me what your first car was?
sadly i never had any pics of it, but i spend £1k on a H-plate Uno Turbo, then proceeded to spend several £000 on the car, whenm i finally got rid, it was running a conservative 180bhp, on coilovers, 15" speeline wheels and running 13 seconds quarters, and yes i was 18

now i'm a little more sensible, and drive a mondeo :(

but in terms of your car, losing the stickers would make a MASSIVE difference to the look of the car, cheap and tacky mods such as these are the reason so many cars get laughed at when they drive downthe street

other than the stickers/sunstrip it looks a very tidy car, with a good base for the future (f7r/lp conversion, 1.4 GTT engine?)

Hey Joe!

Welcome to the site! You got quick a sound system in there!
If I were you, I would ditch all the stickers, sell your wheels, look for a second hand pair of wiliams alloys, change the rear lights and spray the car black!!!
Like everybody else said, do want you wanna do and im sure you are really happy with it.
Just some suggestions on my part!

Welcome mate!

Brock

R6 2.0 XE'd Kangoo
sorry for not relplying in so long, I got strailed away buy the un worthy posts I had been given. Other than what you guys say, One person said I wasted money on the stickers, Well I can tell you I didn't pay for them. They where already on the car as I brought it, I took the jap symbols off and Blew my amp up today. I am in need of some interior. And Yes I was thinking about some clio rims. But mine look good 2.

Thanks for all the comments and for 600 quid m8 thats a f00kin bargain :D

Cheers all

P.S Still need seats :)

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Lol @ blowing your amp, bad luck m8.

Don't spend money the wheels to start of with, you already have alloys!

Think a badboy bonnet should be next aswell as slam the body to the ground. Keep them wheels, should look ok once the car's slammed. Smoked side repeaters, to blend into the decals. Debadge, delock and maybe take the bump strips off, or colour code/smooth them

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Was bored and did a photoshop of your car. Sorry if you dont like it as i went a bit over board lol.

Attachments

• clio1.jpg
    clio1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 71
  Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
Brock said:
Hey Joe!

Welcome to the site! You got quick a sound system in there!
If I were you, I would ditch all the stickers, sell your wheels, look for a second hand pair of wiliams alloys, change the rear lights and spray the car black!!!
Like everybody else said, do want you wanna do and im sure you are really happy with it.
Just some suggestions on my part!

Welcome mate!

Brock
or just buy a new car for the amount that wouold cost!

lol mate i like it, have to agree bout the stickers tho, dont mind the flames. do what i did get ph2 rear lights, loook good :)

6/468 17poo
try and get some valver or williams seats in there mate, probly cheaper to get the valver cloth seats tho, im sure they all fit in all mk1 clios!
Ryan,

R6 2.0 XE'd Kangoo
oooooh I like that clio.

you know thats bloody damn good.

all the stickers are off and I love the front bumper :D just I don't think grey is a good colour to have coded bumpers....

id have to respray the whole car and not sure I want 2.

but thanks for that insperation of taking out the stuff on the car
Must say you are very good at that!

how the hell did u put the window back in? thats minted.

did u rob it off another car? lol the single wiper was an option aswell but

seems when its raining i cant see anyway which is a b*****d.

anyone have any ideas why the wipers dont clear the window properly?

cheers.

and thanks again!

im still after seats by the way!

R6 2.0 XE'd Kangoo
oh and btw everyone.

The cars already lowered..

should I take my under arch plastic out as it scrapes loads on corners..

and how good is a strut brace going 2 be?

also need new tires :D

clio 2. 1.2 16v
bruv dont listen to these people, if your proud of your clio thats all that matters, (look after number 1). my first car was a mini, it wernt all that but i loved it. this site is meant to be for clio owners, for people that have pride in their cars and are interested in sharing with others, then you get som clio geek com abuse you. dont watch them, a cars a car and youve done pretty well for having one on a part time job. safe:approve:

Monaro VXR
Yeah in agreement take the stickers off.

And my first car was a golf mk2 1.8 litre auto GL. Cost me £95 from a friend as he just wanted rid of it. Passed its mot without a problem did some minor things to it G60 arches etc just subtle mods and then sold it for more than i had spent on it.

Then got my clio 1.2 16v which had 3 miles on it when i bought it and is soon to be sold as well to be replaced by a citroen C4 coupe VTR+ that im awaiting delivery of.

Hey Joe..

Im New here too... but remember... its all about opinions. what suites one will not suite another. for your first car its pretty damn cool! Hell, my first was a Fiesta Mk1! and it NEVER stopped overheating! so its far better than MY first!

on the other hand, you are on a forum with experienced modders who have been doing it for years and they know what works and what dont.

im with most, lose the decals, it would look a LOT smarter! as you are a young lad your taste is bound to differ slightly. but take it as constructive critisism.