ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio

Hi, bought my clio yesterday:D, 1.4 Dynamique in black. Got to insure it now, found a great quote which seems too good to be true but i checked it over £890 third party, fire and theft with QUINN...most wouldnt give me that cover because my car was over £5000 and the ones that would were giving me £2200 quotes. Now to pick some alloys.

Ross

Nike Lunar Elite's

£890 TPFT is really expensive, my 1st years cover, fully comp with several mods declared was just under £700 and that includes a courtesy car and legal expenses, thats with Admiral

I wish lol how old are you both though and with how many NCB? Im 19 just passed my test two weeks ago, tried admiral only would give me full comp and it was £1800. With mods they come out at about £2100!

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by hydeyho on 22 August 2005
£890 TPFT is really expensive, my 1st years cover, fully comp with several mods declared was just under £700 and that includes a courtesy car and legal expenses, thats with Admiral

Thats with alloys, renault front splitter, side skirts, and 172 rear bumper, spoiler and front lights. Im 21 but was 20 when the policy was started. Add parents as named drivers, bought mine down £500. Thats in a fairly high crime rated area too (wv11).

Weird, i just did another quote with them, added both my mum and dad Fully comp it went down by about £100, to £1700:cry:

Yeah both full no claims, i cant think of anything else which could make a difference surely being 20 wouldnt bring it down a £1000!?!?

182 Full Fat

Probably to do with lack of driving experience mate. I think the quote for around £800 is ok, consudering you have just passed your test. Try Elepahant.co.uk too!

Yeah, i have tried elephant, same problem with the car being over £5,000 so it has to be fully comp, coming out at £1600, although even if i say its under £5k TPFT is still £1300.

I wish they went by road experience and no just car because ive been riding for 3 years :(

I cant see anything on the site that quoted me £890 saying about declaring cosmetic mods, before i do the quote it has terms and one of them is "you do not have any modifications which increase accleration or top speed" Apart from that it seems ok.

Thanks,

Ross

Heres a big slice o advice pal, DO YOUR PASS PLUS SCHEME!

I was 20, no no claims obviously and lowest fulyl comp was £1800 with norwich union on a 1.4 16v privelege clio. They reduce insurance by 51% with pass plus, my insurance was about £890 with my pass plus so look into it mate, only costs £100 to do.

Ok cheers, i did do a quote with pass plus picked on one site and it didnt take one pound off. The £890 TPFT i got didnt ask if i had pass plus so i might give them a ring, although im not too bothered about having fully comp just TPFT.